Bacon! PorkKleen Bacon Scented Hand Sanitizer

Bacon!

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Recently I had the chance to check out the PorkKleen Bacon Scented Hand Sanitizer from ThinkGeek. PorkKleen is exactly as the name implies... it is a bottle of hand cleaner that purports to smell like bacon! :eek: Currently on sale at $1.99, from the standard price of $3.99, you get a plastic bottle containing 2.25 ounces (67 ml) of hand cleaner.

After getting the box from UPS my first reaction is likely the same as what the rest of you are thinking, namely "What does it smell like?!" but we'll get to that in a minute. The bottle itself is small enough that you can carry it with out or be a perfect size for keeping in your office desk. As with most products in this category the primary ingredient is Ethyl Alcohol which is an antiseptic. The peach colored liquid is a bit thinner than other hand cleaners I've used; not a concern really but if you get a leak then it will run pretty fast. Surprisingly it is made in the USA. The label lists itself as manufactured for ThinkGeek by Cosmicare in Jupiter, Florida with a "MADE IN USA" statement below.

As to the smell? When you first squeeze some liquid out the overwhelming smell is of the alcohol. If you have ever cleaned your hands with rubbing alcohol then you know the smell. After a few seconds of rubbing your hands with the liquid you start to notice a smokey smell. I wouldn't call it a "bacon" smell outright though. :thinking: I wouldn't compare it to grilling wood chips either. If anything it reminds me of the "liquid smoke" that some people use when cooking to get a smoked-like flavor. The smell is not overpowering so unless you use quite a bit of it at once you're not likely to get unwanted attention from those around you. The lingering smell is faint but lasts for some time.

As a hand cleaner it is your basic alcohol based cleaner that will do what it is intended to do. As a bacon scented hand cleaner, I shall have to go by the old adage that it is better to give than to receive. Since we have a box of 50 of these the guys in my family can expect to receive some at Christmas time. :blush:

photobucket-6765-1342461166870.jpg
photobucket-4779-1342461292889.jpg
PorkKleen Bacon Scented Hand Sanitizer (from ThinkGeek.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back