Politics Possible 2008 Presidential Candidates

xdancer

Cadet
So, I was just curious about who you guys think will run for president in 2008. Here are some I was thinking of:

Democrat:
Joseph Biden (hasn't he already declared?)
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Mark Warner (please god, no)
John Edwards?
and here's where i get stuck. i just don't see a lot of strong Democrats right now

Republicans:
Jeb Bush
John McCain
Bill Frist (although he's had some bad publicity lately)

what do y'all think?

lets go with Hillary Rodham Clinton ...

and please no more Bush ... with every Bush administration the US has gone to war ... lets stop that ...

please, oh god please, not hillary

jeb bush has no chance

sadly, i doubt a republican will get elected... unles the democrat cantidate is really incompitant

please, oh god please, not hillary

jeb bush has no chance

sadly, i doubt a republican will get elected... unles the democrat cantidate is really incompitant
a. what's wrong with hilary? im not for or against her, but just wondering why someone would be so adamantly against her.

b. any bush has no chance

c. "incompetent" is not a good word to misspell

He hasn't announced it formally yet, but John Kerry will be running again in 2008.
haha, that's a good one. the democrats would not be so stupid as to committ suicide by nominating Kerry again. if it IS stupid enough to nominate Kerry again, then the Democratic Party has no right to represent the "liberals" in the US (not that it had that right to begin with, but the Republicans needed to label somebody as liberal and the Dems just happened to be their biggest competition)

I've heard some buzz about Barack Obama running. I absolutely love the man, but am not sure he's quite ready for that. John Edwards has also hinted about running again, depending on his wife's health, and I would love to see him do it.

With all the problems in Bill Frist's life right now, I'm not sure I see him running and Jeb Bush has said numerous times that he will not run in 2008. I can see John McCain running though.

He hasn't announced it formally yet, but John Kerry will be running again in 2008.
hmm. i don't know. i suppose it's possible. he seems to be trying to keep up with his supporters ( i still get emails from him), but it seems to me that all the stupid, silly issues like the swiftboat fiasco would just come up again. i don't know that i would have the energy to deal with all that all over again.

As far as Barack Obama, i hope he doesn't run. i adore the man, and i think he has the potential to be one of the best presidents our nation has seen. however, i want him to get some more experience first. we need more than a pretty face and charisma.

and i think John McCain will definitely run. he's at the forefront of some major legislation and i bet his name is in the major papers every day.

i'm actually hoping clinton doesn't run. it's nothing against her personally. it's just that i think she has an excellent chance of winning the primary, but not a snowball's chance in hell of winning the general election.

So, I was just curious about who you guys think will run for president in 2008. Here are some I was thinking of:

Democrat:
Joseph Biden (hasn't he already declared?)
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Mark Warner (please god, no)
John Edwards?
and here's where i get stuck. i just don't see a lot of strong Democrats right now

Republicans:
Jeb Bush
John McCain
Bill Frist (although he's had some bad publicity lately)

what do y'all think?

Where should I start...
No one will vote for Joseph Biden...did u know he was for starting the draft up...and drafting girls....dumb a$$...i wouldn't vote for him.
Clinton...get one get one for free...get her in and we have bill back...don't know if thats good or bad
who is mark...guess he suxs
john edwards...i hope not...don't trust him
john kerry...hope he knows when he is a loser and dosn't want to waste any more money
JEB BUSH...ALL THE WAY...I'm a Bush fan I just think they got a bad rap...daddy screwed up but he back out before the war could get to bad...george...he knew what he wanted to do with this war but didn't know how to go about it and now he is in too deep but ppl need to relize George didn't wake up and go Laura lets go to war with Iraq congress DID vote! So honestly I think Jeb should run and I think he would win. I would vote for him unless it was against him and john mcCain
John McCain...should run and should win...will win if he goes against Clinton...only because she has Bill's past to get in her way but if she is up against a weak rep. she will win but against John...nope he will win.
Bill Frist won't win only because he sucks...no other way around it he suxks ass! Has any one checked out his medical past he problerly did more damage then good!

Who knows this is America we can't even decide on who should win American Idol or Dancing with the Stars! lol!

Mel

Notwithstanding your political analysis, I agree that Job Bush would make a good candidate. However, he lacks experience and if he were to win, his administration would mirror that of the current President's

Where should I start...
No one will vote for Joseph Biden...did u know he was for starting the draft up...and drafting girls....dumb a$$...i wouldn't vote for him.

Well, he hasn't "officially" declared but has said that he was going to proceed as if he were running, and would know if he intended to by the end of this year (my odds are yes).

Also it is commonly misconcepted that that he is all for starting up the draft. That's not the case, as someone who supports the war he was concerned that recruitment is way down, and that we would not have enough military personale to complete the job (plus the fact that reservists are being called up again and again). Thus, feeling that a draft might have to be a necessary means to an end (but not because he felt like it was a good thing). I'm not exactly sure how he really feels about women being drafted, but quite honestly, as a woman, I don't find it fair that only men are. I certainly don't want to be drafted, but don't find it fair that my boyfriend or my male relatives might get called up against their will, but the women don't have to because they're women.

I don't agree with his stance on the war, but he has been very instrumental in coming up with federal crime laws. One that is helping to combat domestic violence against women. He's also promoted college aid and loan programs and has allowed families to deduct money on their taxes for sending their children to higher learning institutions. Both of these things I find to be very important.

It depends on how things go, but I'd venture to guess that if he were the nominee I'd vote for him.

Clinton...get one get one for free...get her in and we have bill back...don't know if thats good or bad

I like Hillary Clinton, and I like Bill Clinton. But I feel that there is just way too much polarization on them. You either love them or hate them...not much middle ground. I don't want her to win the nomination for this reason. I don't think she could attract enough "on the fence voters" to win the presidency...unless the Republican nominee is a complete quack.

who is mark...guess he suxs

Mark Warner is the governor of Virginia. He is very well liked on the left and right (Virginia usually votes Republican...but he has a 75% approval rating and is well liked in the state). I really don't have anything against the man, he has done some good things in Virginia, like offer high schoolers more oppertunities and college credit...but I also don't know too much about him. I don't think he has near enough experience, and I think he may be a bit too moderate for me. But then again, that may just be what we need.

john edwards...i hope not...don't trust him

Why don't you trust him? I love John Edwards, always have since he was first running for the Senate. While I think that he'd be a great nominee, I worry that he might've already hurt his chances since he ran as Kerry's VP, and a lot of people don't like Kerry.

john kerry...hope he knows when he is a loser and dosn't want to waste any more money

He does like to keep in contact with his supporters. I get e-mails from him all the time. Though, I'm not sure about him running again. I think the issues that got him into trouble in 2004 are issues that people aren't going to forget. If he does run, he won't get the nomination.

JEB BUSH...ALL THE WAY...I'm a Bush fan I just think they got a bad rap...daddy screwed up but he back out before the war could get to bad...george...he knew what he wanted to do with this war but didn't know how to go about it and now he is in too deep but ppl need to relize George didn't wake up and go Laura lets go to war with Iraq congress DID vote! So honestly I think Jeb should run and I think he would win. I would vote for him unless it was against him and john mcCain

Ugh...I don't like Jeb Bush at all. He will not run in 2008, as he has said many times (even his own father has said that he isn't ready). If he did run, his brother would hurt him. With Bush's approval ratings the way they are and the amount of people who are displeased with this war, they will not vote another Bush into office anytime soon. While his approval ratings in Florida are alright, he did hurt himself a bit with the whole Terri Schiavo thing...people did not look highly upon his actions in that. And while it shouldn't really make a difference I suppose, people might also look at his family life. His children have had their run ins with the law...should that influence the way someone votes? Probably not, but it might. The new Florida gun law is also ridiculous. I really don't think he'll ever run.

John McCain...should run and should win...will win if he goes against Clinton...only because she has Bill's past to get in her way but if she is up against a weak rep. she will win but against John...nope he will win.

I like John McCain. I like that he stands up for what he believes in, even if his party isn't all for it (like this whole torture thing). He is a Republican, but a moderate one. And while certainly not my first choice as a presidential candidate, I would rather see him win then a lot of other people.

Bill Frist won't win only because he sucks...no other way around it he suxks ass! Has any one checked out his medical past he problerly did more damage then good!

Okay...I don't think he'll run given all of this legal trouble, and if he did run he certainly wouldn't win.

Mark Warner is the governor of Virginia. He is very well liked on the left and right (Virginia usually votes Republican...but he has a 75% approval rating and is well liked in the state). I really don't have anything against the man, he has done some good things in Virginia, like offer high schoolers more oppertunities and college credit...but I also don't know too much about him. I don't think he has near enough experience, and I think he may be a bit too moderate for me. But then again, that may just be what we need.
there's a reason he's well-liked on the right. from what i've read, he seems to be a little right-leaning, somewhat like our own governor, Mike Easley. i don't care what he does in virginia, but i don't want him as my president.

there's a reason he's well-liked on the right. from what i've read, he seems to be a little right-leaning, somewhat like our own governor, Mike Easley. i don't care what he does in virginia, but i don't want him as my president.

Ahhh...point well taken.

I just can't wait till 2008...I can vote! Well I can vote now because i turned 18 in sept but these are the HUGE elections. I'm hoping Ed Rendell runs...he is governor of PA. GO PA! I think if he won he would have a fighting chance in winning the house. He atleast get PA!

Mel

Why so many of you do not want Hilary Clinton to be a candidate? :blink:
Same question with John Kerry? :blink:
Hilary CLinton has a decent chance of winning the primary because a lot of liberals like her. however, it's rare to see someone who is so loathed by portions of the populace. because she seems to have such hatred directed towards her, i don't think she has a very good chance of winning the general election.

with John Kerry, well, he tried and he failed. i like him a lot, but i think we need someone with more charisma who will inspire people to vote for him. i think if he runs again, the same issues will be brought up again. the whole swiftboat veterans for truth allegationswill resurface and he will again be accused of being a flip=flopper.

Back