Politics Possible 2008 Presidential Candidates

Hilary CLinton has a decent chance of winning the primary because a lot of liberals like her. however, it's rare to see someone who is so loathed by portions of the populace. because she seems to have such hatred directed towards her, i don't think she has a very good chance of winning the general election.

with John Kerry, well, he tried and he failed. i like him a lot, but i think we need someone with more charisma who will inspire people to vote for him. i think if he runs again, the same issues will be brought up again. the whole swiftboat veterans for truth allegationswill resurface and he will again be accused of being a flip=flopper.

Exactly (y)

It's not that we have anything against either of them. But we want someone to win the nomination who can win the Presidency, and I, like many others don't believe either of them are capable of that.

Thank you guys for clarifying that for me.

Because from here (France) many people think Hilary Clinton would be a good candidate, but those many people (I am one of them) don't know exactely how it is over there.
Also for John Kerry, it wouldn't sound weird to me if he tried again, because once again from my french experience, here you can try being a president whenever you want, even though you failed a few years back!

But now I see. But no one would be a charismatic and good candidate for the Democrats at the moment, right? And are we sure it is going to be different at the same time next year?! :confused:

Thank you guys for clarifying that for me.

Because from here (France) many people think Hilary Clinton would be a good candidate, but those many people (I am one of them) don't know exactely how it is over there.
Also for John Kerry, it wouldn't sound weird to me if he tried again, because once again from my french experience, here you can try being a president whenever you want, even though you failed a few years back!

But now I see. But no one would be a charismatic and good candidate for the Democrats at the moment, right? And are we sure it is going to be different at the same time next year?! :confused:

Right now it does seem like we are lacking a charismatic Democratic candidate that can actually win the presidency.

John Edwards would be a good one, he's well liked, but may not even run...and he might've damaged himself with the whole Kerry thing, since many people don't like Kerry.

I've actually heard some buzz about Al Gore running (not from him or his camp, but people who would like to see him run). He wouldn't be the first person you'd think of when talking about charismatic, but I've got to say he has come a long way, and is actually quite engaging and rather funny.

Barack Obama would be perfect for the job, but needs a little more experience I do believe. But you will definitely hear his name in years to come.

As silly as it sounds I would absolutely love to see Donna Brazile run. She never will, but I can wish. She came to my University Tuesday to speak, and I was blown away. She's smart, sharp, funny, and willing to work with both sides, which is important. I really admire her.

In the next few months we'll be getting a better idea of who is running and then we can get a feel for the whole thing.

*do I post... or don't I???..... hmmmmm???*

Jeb Bush -- although I am a fan of G.W., I am not a fan of Jeb... I don't believe he will become a candidate only because it will be IMPOSSIBLE for another Bush to end up in office. it won't happen probably ever again.... The republicans probably wouldn't let it....

Obama -- He's just won't have the experience yet and the dems. will know that....

Hillary -- I'm with Janet on this one.... Help us all if that one becomes a reality....

John McCain -- '08 will be his year... He will have my vote....

I don't even know some of the names you mentioned :blink: But I guess that's normal since I'm from France and I've never been to the US :P

I don't even know some of the names you mentioned :blink: But I guess that's normal since I'm from France and I've never been to the US :P

lol...not a surprise. Especially Donna Brazile...she's a democratic strategist, who was Al Gore's campaign manager in 2000.

lol...not a surprise. Especially Donna Brazile...she's a democratic strategist, who was Al Gore's campaign manager in 2000.
I'll probably hear about some possible candidates at the end, near the election date! So let's say I will hear about two people! :rolleyes:

I don't have a side on the political issues.. i'm in between though cuz i won't vote for another clinton or another bush... though it'd be awesome to have a woman as a president..

Also Why can't we have a president of a different race? why does he/she always have to be Caucasian? why can't he/she be an African American for a change or a Hispanic male/female? we haven't had an awesome president in a long time so why not now? i don't mean to offend anybody by this but does anybody get what i mean?

I don't have a side on the political issues.. i'm in between though cuz i won't vote for another clinton or another bush... though it'd be awesome to have a woman as a president..

Also Why can't we have a president of a different race? why does he/she always have to be Caucasian? why can't he/she be an African American for a change or a Hispanic male/female? we haven't had an awesome president in a long time so why not now? i don't mean to offend anybody by this but does anybody get what i mean?

Sadly, because they've never gotten the votes needed to even be on the ballot. Just wait for Barack Obama though, I truly believe he'll be president someday.

he's the junior senator from Illinois - democrat. liberal and very charismatic. he got a lot of national attention when he gave an absolutely amazing address at the Democratic National Convention in 2004.

I'm honestly not too impressed with Obama. He really hasn't done anything yet. But if it comes down between him and Hillary :smiley:puke:smiley: I'd definently support Obama.

Not sure about the Replublicans... I've always liked McCain.

I honestly don't care which party gets in anymore. As long as they have better foreign policy.

well, it's not a very good idea to be too controversial your first year. but he's starting to put himself out there. i think he's the foremost democrat, working alongside republican McCain, dealing with ethics and reform in the wake of all the scandals in congress. their was a bit of row between McCain and him a few weeks back, but they seem to be on good terms now...

He hasn't announced it formally yet, but John Kerry will be running again in 2008.

Red states and faith values republicans despise hillary, think kerry is a bad joke, and will come out in droves to vote against an unacceptable democrat.

We need a JFK and/or an RFK right now ...they had the solutions to the problems the US now faces; damn those to hell who conspired, collaborated, or had any part, passive or active, direct or indirect, in those two murders...stealing democracy and constitution from USA.

the democrats are gonna have a hard time running a good candidate. it doesnt seem like anybody is a strong contender to win the 08 elections. then again, the Republicans have it easy cuz they don't have to do as much to get support. of course they may lose a few die-hard Bush fans.

actually, now that i think about it, would die-hard Bush fans rather vote for "traitor Republicans" than not vote at all?

I say Go Hillary! maybe it's just because i'm a female, but i think she'd really whip this country into shape. otherwise, i say we go for Howard Dean again :rolleyes: after all, who else in the White House could let out the scream of success like him? lol

as for my personal "oh gosh i hope not" i have to go with Condolezza (sp?). anyone involved in the Bush administration in such a high office should just be kicked out and banned from ever being in politics again.

I say Go Hillary! maybe it's just because i'm a female, but i think she'd really whip this country into shape. otherwise, i say we go for Howard Dean again :rolleyes: after all, who else in the White House could let out the scream of success like him? lol

as for my personal "oh gosh i hope not" i have to go with Condolezza (sp?). anyone involved in the Bush administration in such a high office should just be kicked out and banned from ever being in politics again.

I'm really hoping against Hillary. While I have nothing against her and know that she'd be tons better than the current administration, I don't think she has a snowball's chance in hell of winning. She's too polarizing. Most people either love her or hate her, there aren't many inbetween feelings. I just don't have confidence that she could win.

I would really love to see a Democrat put him or herself out there with a clear and good message, and have that be what gets them elected. We can't continute to hope to get votes based on how much people dislike Bush...we have to have our own message. I'm a little concerned as to whether or not we're going to get that though.

Back