Possible new Jennifer film...?

I was watching a UK programme on the BBC last night "Film 2004" it's basically a review programme of the movies out now and coming soon...They had a section following director Gurinder Chadha "Bend It Like Beckham" in America as she is making her first big budget film (the way she was talking it sounded very big)...It is a remake of I Dream of Jeannie. They showed her going into a secret casting meeting, then when she came out later she said something like "I personally like JG and if not i think EC would be ok..."

The only JG I can think of is Jennifer Garner (obviously) and EC could be Elisha Cuthbert (24/The Girl Next Door)

"A remake from the classic 60s sitcom, astronaut Major Anthony Nelson discovers a mysterious bottle containing a beautiful female genie when his spacecraft makes an emergency landing on a desert island. Eager to have him as her new master, she stows herself away and is taken back to Florida, where she causes Nelson all sorts of trouble in various comic dilemmas"

It's an genie-like film where a muslim girl wants to be a soldier, gets put in a bottle and the first person to find it opens it up. Apparently $10 million in CGI is involved. Amy Pascal is an executive with Sony/Revolution, which produced 13 GO 30 and thinks very well of JG. I think I read somewhere that JG is reading the script.

awesome.. but of course if I had JG as my own personal genie, I think pretty much all my wildest wishes would be already fullfilled.

Back