Politics Possible terrorism in Moscow

Just goes to show that it isn't just the US that the radical Islamics are mad at. It's everyone who doesn't agree with them! :angry: They are a real threat.

Why 86 (or however many innocent russian lives where taken) - all other terrorist strikes be it Islamic, Chechan whatever strike at target's with a numerous amount of people - it seems odd.

Sorry can't spell well

Just goes to show that it isn't just the US that the radical Islamics are mad at. It's everyone who doesn't agree with them!  They are a real threat.

Oh, it certainly isn't just the US. It's all of Western civilisation, anybody who supports Western civilisation, and anybody who doesn't support their religious views.

Look at the Bali bombings a couple of years ago. The target there was Australia, and the bombers have admitted as much.

And then you have the Koreans, Japanese, Indians etc. who have been held hostage in the Middle East in recent months. India has 120 million Muslims in its population and it was still a target.

The problem isn't that they are against the US for any particular incident. It's that they hate each and every one of us. You can't negotiate with people like that, as they aren't prepared to come to any kind of agreement.

However, I think this particular incident was to do with the problems in Chechnya, not with the Islamic terrorists and their war with the US. Hence the attack on Russia.

Natalia said:
Oh, it certainly isn't just the US. It's all of Western civilisation, anybody who supports Western civilisation, and anybody who doesn't support their religious views.

Look at the Bail bombings a couple of years ago. The target there was Australia, and the bombers have admitted as much.

And then you have the Koreans, Japanese, Indians etc. who have been held hostage in the Middle East in recent months. India has 120 million Muslims in its population and it was still a target.

The problem isn't that they are against the US for any particular incident. It's that they hate each and every one of us. You can't negotiate with people like that, as they aren't prepared to come to any kind of agreement.
[post="979679"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Exactly. Which is why I don't get the Americans who seem to blame us for Sept 1.. :hmm:

However, I think this particular incident was to do with the problems in Chechnya, not with the Islamic terrorists and their war with the US. Hence the attack on Russia.

Not sure where you're getting your info, but it was confirmed that it was a radical Islamic terrorist group. It *was* totally separate from their war with the US, but it was for the same reasons (their claim that Russia is an aggressor who stole Chechnya from them or something... I'll hafta look it up for the whole thing...).

Les

I was going by early news reports, and I just hadn't bothered to come back and correct it.

I think it is important for people here to realise that every terrorist incident isn't about America and September 11. That's kind of what I was (very badly) trying to illustrate. Some people need to start looking at terrorsim as a global problem.

For example, Muslim extremists blow up movie theatres and other 'immoral' places in Northern India every few days. Or the huge bomb in the busiest part of Mumbai (India's biggest city, with a population of 20 million) last year. Unfortunately, these terrorist acts don't get the kind of publicity they should.

I am by no means trying to play down September 11, but when acts of terrorism happen outside of the big English-speking countries, they tend to go unnoticed, or people simply couldn't care less.

Back