Post a picture of you.

Originally posted by Oedipial@Jun 13 2006, 05:41 PM

a31ebd76.jpg

Wow Shyra, that is one awesome picture. I love it!
You have a great eye, that's for sure.

Oh, and please do tell, how is TCoS looking? :eek: :lol: ... :blink: -> :Ph34r:

Originally posted by Arremus@Jun 17 2006, 09:49 AM
Wow Shyra, that is one awesome picture. I love it!
You have a great eye, that's for sure.

Oh, and please do tell, how is TCoS looking? :eek: :lol: ... :blink: -> :Ph34r:
Thanks!

TCoS is ok. Right now it's all about testing a certain feature of the game, mainly pvp battle. There isn't any quests (except 1 for the purpose of testing over and over) and no lvl'ing up to do. Only two areas to explore (which are really small). So there's really not much you can do till the 2nd phase of beta when lots more gets opened up like lvl'ing etc.

Character customization is a bit better than most mmo's. Not better than CoH/CoV, SWG, EQ2, Hero's Journey though to give you an idea. I think they are planning on more options in the future. For now it's pretty limited.

Battle is different and acts more like an FPS. There's no "locking on" system that most mmo's have. You have a little reticule/crosshair thing in the middle of the screen just like FPS games, and to hit someone you gotta keep it on them. So player skills are important.

The thing that appeals to me about the battles though is the idea of the rotating skill bar. You have 5 buttons and a bunch of different skills to choose from. You decide where to put the skills and on what rotation.

So say rotation 1 has: 1) kick, 2) slice, 3) eviscerate, 4) self heal, 5) self buff (say str for 20sec)
rotation 2 has: 1) roundhouse kick, 2) stab, 3) poison, 4) aoe effect, 5) run speed buff for 10sec
and etc. for other rotations. Each time you do a skill, the wheel will rotate to the next page. So the button set-up is important in pvp.

PvP is a bit clunky right now for me though. Easy to exploit. I mean, I won 2nd place in a pvp tournament on my 2nd day of beta lol. If you've ever played Rakion Online, the battle is similar, just that Rakion has a smoother feel.

I can't say anything about PvE yet since it's not in. Hopefully soon I can start exploring the lands and npcs. I prefer that to PvP anyway.

Since this is a picture thread, here's another of me at Anime Expo last year:
DSC01122.jpg

~Oedipial

Nice description of TCoS. I really like their idea of skilled PvP. However, the game just looks clunky in my eyes, and something not worth following. Good description on that game though.

It's awsome to see that a lot more pictures have gone up as well! Hopefully we'll see more, and more poeple will put themselves in the 'Yo, where you at' thread.

:lol: Alright Xblood, now you aren't the only black person on our forums

i was xtremely bored a few weeks back, so i decided to turn jonDDA black...

this is before

Before.jpg

after

After.jpg

Originally posted by Oedipial@Jun 18 2006, 06:02 PM
Since this is a picture thread, here's another of me at Anime Expo last year:
[XIMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/Oedipial/DSC01122.jpg[/XIMG]
Haha, nice hat :lol: Are you going to AX this year? That's where I'll be later this week.

Originally posted by Cobalt Katze@Jun 26 2006, 11:10 PM
Haha, nice hat :lol: Are you going to AX this year? That's where I'll be later this week.
Haha thanks, got the hat from a store in Japan.

I want to, but I probably won't be able. Seems like I will be quite busy during those days with family and attending people's graduation parties and 4th of July.

~Oedi

Originally posted by Xblood@Jun 28 2006, 07:12 AM
yaaaay im not the only black person lol now there is a black person with no eyes!!!!!
We all know you're still #1 though :smiley:

yessssssssssssssss!!!!!!! because i watched lacross or how eva you spell it for like 40mins.. i was laughing because they was hitting each other wit the sticks.... i find a lot of stupid stuff funny

Back