Tom

An Old Friend
Art for steampunk post-apocalyptic war film LAST EXILE
lastexile-pixelated.jpg

imageComments.gif
3 comments
imageMessage.gif
Email this

Posted on Wednesday, July 8th, 2009 20:57:16 GMT by: [SIZE=-2]agentorange[/SIZE]
Posted under: post apocalyptic movie news scifi steampunk gallery

Our pals at firstshowing have just broken news on an amazing sounding new PA project. Supposedly a big-budget, live-action movie based on a Japanese anime series of the same name, Last Exile is being touted as a gritty "steampunk, post-apocalyptic war film" and as Alex over at FS says:

"It's a sci-fi kind of action-adventure movie about a young courier pilot and his navigator, and their adventures in the floating world of Preste ... In addition to the concept art and the title, I was only also told that it's a steampunk, post-apocalyptic war film somewhere between the original Star Wars, the grittiness of Terminator Salvation and some of the mystical elements of Fifth Element. Their goal is to make this very original, epic, and to bring the audience into a world that feels real and organic. Looks pretty damn cool so far. I can't find any more info about this on IMDb yet, like who is even writing or directing it, but I do know that they're looking to get a big budget and it's still in the very early development stages."

Here's the synopsis from Wikipedia:
"In this romantic sky world based on stylized Victorian fashion and society, two countries, Anatoray and Disith are engaged in a long and bloody war under the supervision of the mysterious Guild."

More as it comes!

Embiggened concept art and trailer for the anime series this is based on after the break.

UPDATE: We've been asked to take down the concept art folks, sorry.

Sorry bout the art

LastExileDvd.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Last Exile
Series Information
Watch Trailer
Official Website
Last Exile Wallpapers

Back