Post your pets!

I'm pretty sure my eldest dog was sleeping with his eyes open this morning. That freaked me out a bit.

We have many non-traditional pets that we feed; deer, turkeys ,eagles, squirrels, etc. etc. we live on a mountain that backs up to the Talladega National forest.
Sounds like it'd be great area for spending time in the summer! How's the winter months? Ever thought about hooking up a trail camera to see what kind of critters are visiting when you guys aren't there?
This is our groundhog Odie.
We're more suburban than rural but we've had a family of groundhogs under our rear shed for years. We usually only see one at a time so we've collectively named them Chuckie. Doesn't matter if it's an older big guy or just a little furball... see a groundhog in our backyard, the name is "Chuckie".

Mrs. Kevin & I were watching a show called "North Woods Law", about Fish & Game wardens up in the NE USA, and one of the episodes had a woman calling about "an animal in her yard", turned out to be a groundhog she was scared off. I asked my wife if it was a bad thing that somebody else gets a groundhog in their backyard and they call the police versus us who have named them? :ROFLMAO:

Sadly, Wendy was able to last a little while longer (about 10 months or so) after her sister passed, but with those severe liver problems I mentioned and the fact that she was over 20 years old, it was only a matter of time. Wendy passed this week, so at least the two of them are together again...

27332101_10155990244767567_7610212777351292468_n.jpg
Sorry to hear; our animals really part of our family and losing two of them so close to each other has to be rough. Are you guys ready to start thinking of having another fuzzy member join your family?

Sorry to hear; our animals really part of our family and losing two of them so close to each other has to be rough. Are you guys ready to start thinking of having another fuzzy member join your family?
My wife wanted one about a week or so after. I am holding out until I get the flooring replaced (so that new cats don't decide to mark territory that the old cats already had...)

One of our neighbors thought we had giant squirrels. Actually a groundhog's closest cousin IS a squirrel but groundhogs are infinitely more intelligent. After 5 years of feeding them there are now 14 of them within 100 yards of the house but we're out in the boonies where they are not bothering anything else so no problem.

Our grand kids love to watch and feed them.

Back