Season 5 Pregnancy

ok so at the very begining of the episode vaughn offered sydney wine and she accepts it. but isnt she pregnant and isnt it not good for the baby to consume alcohol? or am i just imagining this?

I noticed that, too. But, Sydney was under hypnosis when Vaughn asked if she wanted wine and this was happening in the past. (So, she wasn't pregnant at the time) I'm pretty sure if Sydney wasn't under hypnosis she wouldn't have taken that drink. Vaughn would have known better. :smiley: Also if you noticed when she was under hypnosis everything seemed white.

i nocticed that too. And in the very first episode when Vaughn and Syd are breaking into the safe she had wine or something alcoholic. But i agree vaughn wouldn't offer her something that could hurt their baby.

oooo good point! I noticed that too, but i kinda didnt think too much on it cuz i knew she was 'dreaming'

by the way, does ne one know when it airs agian in US?

I noticed that, too. But, Sydney was under hypnosis when Vaughn asked if she wanted wine and this was happening in the past. (So, she wasn't pregnant at the time) I'm pretty sure if Sydney wasn't under hypnosis she wouldn't have taken that drink. Vaughn would have known better. :smiley: Also if you noticed when she was under hypnosis everything seemed white.

Actually she was pregnant at the time, because Vaughn first said "you gonna be a great mom" and you could clearly see that she was pregnant :smiley: So it was weird that Vaughn offered her wine, but it could be alcohol free wine :P

not necessarily, it could have all been fragments of a hallucination
like, vaughn comming in with the food and talking about the bath happened before she was pregnant... and the great mom thing was just thown in there as a side comment as in 'when we have kids, you'll be great'
plus i kinda like the theory pppl talked about at SD-1 - the bath was how we got to baby s/v :love:

Actually she was pregnant at the time, because Vaughn first said "you gonna be a great mom" and you could clearly see that she was pregnant :smiley: So it was weird that Vaughn offered her wine, but it could be alcohol free wine :P
after I posted that then I started to think back what I've posted and she was pregnant. :doh: :P

so basicly wine would harm a baby but since at the time she was pregnant she only did this in the hallucination and she did not physically drink the wine?.

I really can't see it as a sign for anything, so its probarbly just a 'bug', they didn't think about it the way we did :P

It is allowed for women in preagnent to drink one glass of wine from time to time. But i don't think syd or Vaughn would do this in real world. it must be something like in dream. you don't think rationally

I agree. A glass of wine isn't a horrible thing to do. Wine doesn't usually carry a lot of alcohol in it anyways. It really depends how much sugar you put in it. Normally, it shouldn't be extremely alcoholic to the point where it could damage the baby. I think in the commercials where it says that you shouldn't drink when you're pregnant, they mean the hard stuff (vodka, whisky...) not wine (unless you drink a bottle/day but that would render you an alcoholic).

It is allowed for women in preagnent to drink one glass of wine from time to time. But i don't think syd or Vaughn would do this in real world. it must be something like in dream. you don't think rationally

Not only that...but i think that since she is soo far along in the pregancy that wine is k to drink. The alcohol is suppose to effect the fetus early on when the CNS is developing.....but later on she can have it...not saying its great...but she can.

Back