Sci-Fi Prey (2022)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Prey (2022)

Tagline: They hunt to live. It lives to hunt.

Genre: Thriller, Action, Science Fiction

Director: Dan Trachtenberg

Cast: Amber Midthunder, Dakota Beavers, Michelle Thrush, Stormee Kipp, Julian Black Antelope, Dane DiLiegro, Stefany Mathias, Bennett Taylor, Mike Paterson, Nelson Leis, Tyson Carter, Skye Pelletier, Harlan Blayne Kytwayhat, Corvin Mack, Samuel Marty, Ginger Cattleman, Seanna Eagletail, Samiyah Crowfoot, Cody Big Tobacco, Troy Mundle, Curtis Vinish, Stephane Legault, Stephan Schroeder, Eric Beaudoin, Kyle Strauts, Tom Woodruff Jr., Alec Gillis, David Penikas, Jon K. Miller, Kirk Caouette, Kyle Legere

Release: 2022-08-02

Runtime: 100

Plot: When danger threatens her camp, the fierce and highly skilled Comanche warrior Naru sets out to protect her people. But the prey she stalks turns out to be a highly evolved alien predator with a technically advanced arsenal.
Prey (2022)

Watched on Hulu, doesn’t break any barriers regardless of how unique the time setting is. Predator and Predator 2 get a lot of hype but I’ve only seen them repeatedly over the past years, I’ve only watched Prey once and for all it’s cracked up to be wasn’t as thoroughly impressed as I am at the original movies.

Watched on Hulu, doesn’t break any barriers regardless of how unique the time setting is. Predator and Predator 2 get a lot of hype but I’ve only seen them repeatedly over the past years, I’ve only watched Prey once and for all it’s cracked up to be wasn’t as thoroughly impressed as I am at the original movies.
So is Prey an actual Predator movie or just has a predator-like alien? 🤔

Its a predator (Yautja).
I liked it, esp the bear attack sequence.

The film 'kinda' fits the cannon mythology of the predator 2 movie (I can see the connection possibilities).
What's funny is I didn't know this movie existed till it was actually out there to be watched. Few movies sneak up on me like that.