Prison Break

V

verdantheart

Premise, per zap2it:

Michael Scofield is a desperate man in a desperate situation. His brother, Lincoln Burrows, is on death row and scheduled to die in a few months for a murder Michael is convinced Lincoln did not commit. With no other options and time winding down, Michael holds up a bank to get himself incarcerated alongside his brother in Fox River State Penitentiary. Once he's inside, we learn that Michael -- a structural engineer with the blueprints for the prison -- has hatched an elaborate plan to break Lincoln out and prove his innocence. Senior correctional officer Bellick offers some prison wisdom as Michael arrives. Then, with the help of his cellmate Sucre, Michael begins to align himself with a disparate group of prisoners -- including former mob boss John Abruzzi, and Charles Westmoreland, a man some believe to be the infamous skyjacker D.B. Cooper. On the outside Michael has only one ally, his defense attorney and longtime friend, Veronica Donovan -- who is Lincoln's former girlfriend. Meanwhile, Lincoln's 15-year-old son, LJ, is now adrift without his Uncle Michael's positive influence.

Current Cast:
Wentworth Miller as Michael
Dominic Purcell as Lincoln
Robin Tunney as Veronica
Sarah Wayne Callies as Dr. Tancredi
Peter Stormare as Abruzzi
Amaury Nolasco as Sucre
Wade Williams as Bellick
Marshall Allman as LJ

Debut: Fox, 8/7c, Monday, August 29, special time (regularly at Monday 9/8)

What do they plan to do in season 2? Good question. But season 1 looks somewhat interesting. Here's the placeholder pic at Fox:

this sounds soooooo awesome. Until I read that I had no idea what it was about. Now I do, i'm interested. That guy is very very hot.

I added the current cast list. Miller played in The Human Stain; Purcell you might know from John Doe.

Premiere's tonight! Latest from zap2it:

'Prison Break' Tests Brotherly Love
(Sunday, August 28 12:02 AM)
By John Crook

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - A determined man risks everything to save his innocent older brother from execution in "Prison Break," a compelling Fox drama series premiering with a special two-hour episode on Monday, Aug. 29.

The first scripted series of the 2005-06 season gets under way as Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller, "Joan of Arcadia") contemplates a bleak family situation. His older brother, Lincoln Burrows (Dominic Purcell, "John Doe"), is on death row, scheduled to be executed in a few months for a startling assassination Michael is convinced he didn't commit.

With time and options both running out, the desperate Michael holds up a bank in order to get himself incarcerated alongside his brother in Fox River State Penitentiary.
"'Prison Break' is a thriller, but it's really a family drama," Miller says. "It's really the story of: How far would one go to save a loved one? And in Michael's case, it's to the wall. Each episode will be his resolve and ruthlessness and brilliance running smack into the brick wall that is chance and fate and human nature and all those things you cannot predict or prepare for."

Actually, for most of the first hour -- which is all Fox made available to TV critics for preview -- things go pretty smoothly for Michael, almost to a point that strains credibility, as he coolly stands up to and even baits some very dangerous thugs behind bars. He's in for a rude awakening, however, Miller adds.

"You didn't see the second hour, but I can tell you, things go wrong very quickly," the 33-year-old actor says. "There's a great deal of coolness and assertiveness on Michael's part in the first half, but the second half definitely will be a struggle for him, getting punched and shoved and getting flipped over a balcony. Someone also may come after him with some very sharp instruments.

"I wanted to make sure that while it's clear Michael is somewhat smarter than your average bear, he isn't a superhero. Michael has worked out a certain persona that he hopes will help him navigate these very dangerous waters, but he doesn't have Jackie Chan martial arts moves. He very much is in very real danger."

On the other hand, series creator Paul Scheuring adds, "Prison Break" won't be nearly as relentlessly bleak and violent as HBO's controversial prison drama "Oz" was. Eventually, Michael, Lincoln and some other inmates will actually break out of the prison. Until then, the tone will lighten up from time to time.

"Everyone asks about that, because 'Oz' is kind of the last serial TV prison show," says Scheuring, who is also head writer and an executive producer on "Prison Break." "I think people either really liked ['Oz'] in kind of a dark way or they have a very caustic reaction to it.

"This story is about hope. It's about the caper. It's about the mystery. It's all that stuff. So this is not about the depravities of mankind."

"But it's also got a lot of humor," adds executive producer Brett Ratner, who directed the pilot. "My attraction to it was that not only was it smart and compelling, but it also had moments of humanity and humor. These characters are very colorful, and most of the best drama happens when there also is humor. So I think it's really smart that you're going to be able to laugh and maybe be scared for these characters, maybe even cry at some point."

Scheuring won't reveal when the prison break actually will occur, but he says that big event certainly won't signal the end of the series by any means.

"There is a larger canvas here, and it is longer than a season," he says. "It's not going to be something like '24,' where we're perpetually reinventing a new obstacle to overcome each season. Season Two will just be the escalation of Season One.

"The model is going to be very much like 'The Great Escape,' in which we spend 'x' amount of time within the actual walls and, thereafter, we're going to break quite a number of people out and scatter them into the winds: They're going to go to the four corners of the country in planes, trains and automobiles. Each of them has an individual kind of end to their story line -- one for hope, one for love, one for exoneration, and one for truth."

Meanwhile, Miller is focused on bringing to life Michael's scary new world behind bars.

"Michael is not going to breeze through this experience," he says. "It's going to transform him in ways both unexpected and expected."

i thought it was actually really good. Wentworth Miller, stole all the attention away from everyone else. he is a very talented actor, and he's quite sexy too. i enjoyed it overall. it could've been better, but owell.

I missed the premiere!! :( I had so many meetings and school work, it slipped my mind!

Can you guys fill me and and let me know if it's worth checking out? I've been really looking forward to it.

I hope you will be checking this out because it is supposed to be encoring, I think on Thursday (tomorrow). The premiere had very good ratings according to TV Guide Online. ;)

I thought it was not bad, although it really stretched credulity pretty badly. My husband, who's extremely sensitive to that sort of thing was able to sit through the premiere (he's never been able to sit through an episode of Alias :lol:smiley:, but I don't know if he'll be watching. I understand that the 3rd hour is better than the 2nd. I'm going to give it a chance to draw me in.
✌️

I liked it a lot. The whole thing with the tatoo was so cool, plus Wentworth is a hottie. The whole conspiracy thing made me think of Alias, as did the moment with the toe (EW!!). I can't wait to see what else goes wrong with Michael's plan.

Somebody asked me about this earlier and I had never heard of it.... must check to see when the encore is on tonight.... (Great... just another show to add to my list.... :rolleyes: )

freakforalias said:
Somebody asked me about this earlier and I had never heard of it.... must check to see when the encore is on tonight.... (Great... just another show to add to my list.... :rolleyes: )
[post="1477078"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
it's on at 8et, 7ct

I was looking forward to Prison Break tonight...but the Panthers are playing instead...so of course our FOX station is covering the Panthers (don't get me wrong, I love the Panthers...but couldn't they play on another night?).

Oh well. -_-

I caught it tonight. Was quite confused at first, but I think I'm understanding more. Enjoyed it, will definitely have to keep watching it.

Michael's new roommate is much more entertaining than the last one with all the gf drama. Good luck carrying out your escape with a roomie who never sleeps Michael!

Next Monday (9/12/05), they are supposed to have an encore of the third hour (9/5's episode) before the 4th (new episode).

So? So? 🤤 I swear to God I did not think this would replace The Inside for me, but... OMW. It has. :shocked: Absolutely thrilling show. I am on the edge of my seat. I get giggles and butterflies in my stomach -- OMW it's Season One Alias all over again! :hide: Amazing.

I wouldn't compare it to season 1 Alias--for me, anyway (it hasn't provided the depth/resilience of relationships so far, IMHO), but I think it's plenty fun. :D

I think I spotted Marti Noxon's name (BTVS) on the credits last night . . . Do those guys ever get around . . . :P
✌️

Back