Prison Break

You gave up on L/S?! Oh where are my allies? No one else ships them! :cry:

I think I'd probably stop watching PB if they did that break. I'd forget about it and give it up.

if they didn't go to local news at 10 it'd make their lives so much easier
I always wonder why one of the netlets doesnt take advantage of the sparse 10 pm hour instead of further crowding 8-10 . . . :confused: Why not 9-11?

They're idiots if they think people are going to want to wait.
Well, if they don't air them, do we have a choice? But . . . this:

I think I'd probably stop watching PB if they did that break. I'd forget about it and give it up.
. . . is what I'm afraid of. They have something hot here, and they should build on it, not risk cooling it! :angry:
✌️

Whoa -- American Idol? Why can't they just scrap that?!?! I thought they had already! :blink:

lmao. If they don't make room for Arrested there will be hell to pay. All I'm saying. :stick: :ninja:

Not a chance of getting rid of American Idol I'm afraid. It's scheduled for Tuesdays from 8-9 and Wednesdays from 9-9:30. Ugh.

Agreed about AD. I'm not going to put up with any of that.

Wow, are they going to kill someone every episode now? Poor Seth. If I had to hold Tbag's pocket I would probably hang myself too. I also feel sorry for that guy who had his eye ripped out with a lightbulb. Abruzzi is a desperate, dangerous man.

Yay for LJ's escape and finding Veronica, who was actually useful for once with her telling him to ditch the cell phone. Now the evil agents know LJ took their pic. Ha!

Very interesting about Michael's psychiatric history. Not only is he hot, he's a creative genius who likes to rescue people!

I am just so excited about this show. And so mad at Fox for maybe holding the last 9 eps until May. I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!!

Very interesting about Michael's psychiatric history. Not only is he hot, he's a creative genius who likes to rescue people!

Oh man, that just made him soooo much hotter in my eyes :naughty:

Would write more about the awesome ep., but I've got to get some shut eye!

Last nights episode had me in tears. It was so good *gets teary again*

Oh Michael, how I love thee.
Especially when you took out T-Bag's knee.
Oh, Michael I love thee.

Okay, now my fangirly moment is through. Last night was amazing. When I get a moment to write a long review, I shall post it at my LJ. It was quite amazing though. Oh LJ <3 So cute and vulnerable and such a good actor. And Veronica. So smart and pretty and just awesome. And Michael. Teehee, "That person died the moment I stepped foot in there." In your face, Sara you flea-bag, go date T-Bag :P I do hope she dies soon. Looks like trouble is coming when they find the hole. What will Michael do? The look on his face at the end. Jeebus. I think I'm making a Michael/Lincoln moodtheme for my LJ.

Yeah, once I get a chance to clearly write a review I will.

^ :lol: I love your rhymes!

I feel so bad for Seth! Especially because I don't like the guy Michael saved. He was annoying me and now he gets to live.

And at the part where the cop and the woman were on top of the table on the hole and the scene went to commercial, I was like, "Ahh I can't watch anymore!"

Hehe, I loved how they were putting the stuff from the hole into the ground so conspicuously.

Low latent inhibition sounds so interesting! And I like Michael that much more after they talked about it too.

So this 9 eps in May thing, does that include the episode they break out? :angry:

oh yeah! that guy did find that rock they dropped on the ground...I wonder what he'll think about the rocks...

I feel bad for Seth too! And that guy he saved did seem like a bit of a jerk...but i wouldn't wish what t-bag did to them upon anyone...

thats a long hiatus!!! :(

^ :lol: I love your rhymes!

I feel so bad for Seth! Especially because I don't like the guy Michael saved. He was annoying me and now he gets to live.

And at the part where the cop and the woman were on top of the table on the hole and the scene went to commercial, I was like, "Ahh I can't watch anymore!"

Hehe, I loved how they were putting the stuff from the hole into the ground so conspicuously.

Low latent inhibition sounds so interesting! And I like Michael that much more after they talked about it too.

So this 9 eps in May thing, does that include the episode they break out? :angry:

Ugh...I just had a big thing typed out, but of course an error pops up and everything was lost...anyways here's the condensed version.

This show makes me sooo absolutely tense, seriously. The only other show that can do this is 24.

Did anyone think of The Shawshank Redemption when they were carrying the gravel in the courtyard? I know sure did. And while it certainly took Andy longer, it seemed like he hit a lot less bumps along the way ;)

Okay, and this is in no way spoliery, but I'm going to put it in spoiler tags in case people don't want to know when the break out episode is supposed to air...

The episode they break out is episode 13 and the last one that FOX originally ordered before ordering the last nine. It should (unless they do something funky) air at the end of this month, maybe early next month depending on repeats. I imagine the end of this month because they wanted it during Sweeps and they wanted the show to be done with originally befor the Christmas hiatus.

Ooh, good to know! Thanks. ^_^

As for Shawshank Redemption, I have no idea what it is, but my cousin gave it to my brother and told us to watch it because it's like Prison Break. And I thought, since it's like Prison Break, I'll just plan to watch it during the hiatus to uh pass time quicker by an hour or two. :D

Ooh, good to know! Thanks. ^_^

As for Shawshank Redemption, I have no idea what it is, but my cousin gave it to my brother and told us to watch it because it's like Prison Break. And I thought, since it's like Prison Break, I'll just plan to watch it during the hiatus to uh pass time quicker by an hour or two. :D

You have got to see Shawshank!!! One of my all time favorite movies I must say ^_^ Parts of it will put you in mind of Prison Break, especially when they were scattering the gravel in the yard.

There's been no official announcement, you might write Fox and let them know you don't like the idea. (But don't yell at them, tell them nicely, OK?)

I wouldn't say it's "like Prison Break" unless anything about a prison escape is "like Prison Break." :lol: But it's a really good film IMO, and well worth watching. Also, the original story, "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption" is a really good read, too--don't let the fact that Stephen King wrote it scare you off, it's not a horror story.
✌️

On the Break move (Ask Matt column, TV Guide Online):

Question: Is this a joke? I just read in TVGuide.com's Entertainment News column that after its "fall finale," Prison Break will not be coming back until May! I seriously hope that Preston Beckman, the guy who said this, is fired because this is seriously one of the worst programming moves in a long time. I thoroughly enjoy Prison Break every week right now, but honestly, I am going to be really into 24 and The Shield (I can't wait for it to come back!) and I probably won't care much for Prison Break by the time it returns. According to those guys at Fox, there will be nine episodes left, so that means it will run into July unless they do some two-hour episodes. And honestly, do you really think you're going to remember what happened in November by May? I know that I probably won't, since I will be all into 24 and The Shield. Prison Break will definitely be taking a backseat in May. What a bad idea! Also, what is this news about American Idol possibly going to Thursdays now? Don't we already have enough to watch on Thursdays? And when would they air the results show? Definitely not on a Friday, I hope! — Alex

Matt Roush:
Take a breath, there's an upside to all of this — although it's a fact that nearly all of the mail I got on this topic (and there was plenty) was negative. First off, I'm told that it's not yet a done deal for Prison Break to be on break until May, at least not yet, though it is an option. And even if that does turn out to be the case, I like to look at this as yet another example of the networks borrowing from the cable playbook in how to schedule a series — in this scenario, with a split season. The Nov. 28 "fall finale" of Prison Break promises to be a doozy of a cliff-hanger,
as the team finally begins the escape on Lincoln's execution day.
[broad plot outline] I have a feeling that we'll all remember what's going on whenever the show returns, and we'll be happy to welcome it back at any time. But after a month off for December, when the TV audience tends to drift away for year-end holiday distractions, Fox will roar back in January with a new season of 24, and when that finishes its run, Prison Break would presumably return to give us the back half of its first season. I'm betting that once 24 is over, appetites will be whetted for more slam-bang action, and they'll greet the return of Prison Break with ratings at least on par with what they are now. (It's unclear to me just when in May Prison Break would make its return under this plan, but it would certainly continue to run into the summer, when competition will be minimal.)

I happen to like the idea of a shared time period, and, selfishly, I'm at peace with the concept of letting Prison Break rest for a while. In the winter the idea of fitting yet one more can't-miss hour of serialized action into my schedule is beyond daunting. There is the issue of momentum, of course, and it is a calculated risk for the show to be off the air for nearly six months. But I truly doubt this would harm it that much. (24 did just fine last season after sitting out half the year.) Skepticism, however, is rampant, like this fretful query from Aisha: "Fox will only get an angry audience tired of every attempt they have made in the past to cancel a show (without really canceling it, like Tru Calling). I am sorry, but this move tells me that Fox doesn't realize what a great show Prison Break is. Matt, what do you think — does this mean that we shouldn't get used to Prison Break after this season?"

Apples and oranges. Fox never truly believed in Tru Calling, and if Fox felt the same way about Prison Break, which it most certainly does not, the network would probably be planning to air new episodes on Thursday or Friday, or Wednesday opposite Lost. There really isn't a time period for the show that wouldn't endanger something else on the network or put Prison Break at a serious disadvantage. Letting the show bookend the season makes sense to me and would give me something to look forward to as the regular season winds down. I'm not sure where the show is headed in a second season, but I'm positive we'll get a chance to find out.

Finally, a clarification on the American Idol front. Nothing is set yet, but if the show does move to Thursday, it would most likely be the results show, not the competition night. All of these mid-season maneuvers are sketchy right now.

hmmm...well, I'm still unsure about that though. I'm not too sure I'd still be interested in the show by then. I guess we'll see. I still think the executives at FOX are a bunch of monkey's in a barrel.

Last nights episode had me in tears. It was so good *gets teary again*

Oh Michael, how I love thee.
Especially when you took out T-Bag's knee.
Oh, Michael I love thee.
Okay, now my fangirly moment is through. Last night was amazing. When I get a moment to write a long review, I shall post it at my LJ. It was quite amazing though. Oh LJ <3 So cute and vulnerable and such a good actor. And Veronica. So smart and pretty and just awesome. And Michael. Teehee, "That person died the moment I stepped foot in there." In your face, Sara you flea-bag, go date T-Bag :P I do hope she dies soon. Looks like trouble is coming when they find the hole. What will Michael do? The look on his face at the end. Jeebus. I think I'm making a Michael/Lincoln moodtheme for my LJ.

Yeah, once I get a chance to clearly write a review I will.
JAIMIE. I LOVE YOUR POEMS. XD Especially:
Sara you flea-bag, go date T-Bag
I think it shall become my new mantra. ;) Yeah basically I agree with everything you said (haha we always seem to be on the same page ^_^). I love Veronica. She needs more story... Get on that, FOX! (or whoever's in charge of that lol)

Did anyone think of The Shawshank Redemption when they were carrying the gravel in the courtyard? I know sure did. And while it certainly took Andy longer, it seemed like he hit a lot less bumps along the way ;)
aHA! I knew I had seen that before. :D Good call, Jamison.

OK, don't shoot me, but I actually wouldn't mind if PB went on a hiatus (AFTER the breakout), because of what Matt said:
I happen to like the idea of a shared time period, and, selfishly, I'm at peace with the concept of letting Prison Break rest for a while. In the winter the idea of fitting yet one more can't-miss hour of serialized action into my schedule is beyond daunting. There is the issue of momentum, of course, and it is a calculated risk for the show to be off the air for nearly six months. But I truly doubt this would harm it that much.
:blush:
The only problem is, FOX has never been very good at advertising their own shows. Then again, they have been okay at advertising the nes they believe in, and I think they believe in PB as much as they believe in their crappy reality shows (thank goodness!). Matt seems to think so, anyway. And judging by how well it's doing, I doubt they'd want it to drop off the radar too much.

Random thought: Does anyone else love violent!Michael? I wrote a reaction to the ep @ my LJ, but I forgot to include that it was really really FUN to see Michael get physically, offensively violent. We've seen him try to defend himself, and choke a couple guys in the excitement of trying to save Sara :smiley:puke:smiley:, but never just outright violence. :lol: I'm not a sadist, I promise, but that was just too fun. I don't like Michael being too much of a "good guy." He's human, after all. Despite his "obsessive desire to help people." :rolleyes:

Random thought: Does anyone else love violent!Michael? I wrote a reaction to the ep @ my LJ, but I forgot to include that it was really really FUN to see Michael get physically, offensively violent. We've seen him try to defend himself, and choke a couple guys in the excitement of trying to save Sara :smiley:puke:smiley:, but never just outright violence. :lol: I'm not a sadist, I promise, but that was just too fun. I don't like Michael being too much of a "good guy." He's human, after all. Despite his "obsessive desire to help people." :rolleyes:

ITA. When Michael hit Tbag with the crowbar i was like, "Damn that's hot." Because between Seth and Tweener and that poor CO Tbag really had it coming.

'Course, he was under a lot less of a deadline . . . not having someone on death row to save and all . . . ;)

Back