private or public schools?

would u like to go to a private school or public school

• private

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • public

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I go to a private school and Ive been here all my life and Ive vistited public schools and I think private schools are way better. ^_^ Maybe its just the people down here are different.People on public school hate us and some of them r just scary. :lol:

I think it really depends what country you live in, public schools are a lot better in some countries than others. I've been to both public and private and in Aust. i have to say that private schools are way better, thats just here though..

- :angelic:

i went to private school for most of my life and in this country (england) i think that they are better than most public schools. there are some exceptional public schols though most of them are not in the cities. :smiley:

Private!!! I went to a private grade school/middle school and then to a charter school and loved both of them. I'm going to a public college, but only because my major works best with research opportunities. In the US, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa are known to have the best public education, but its still nowhere close to private education (in my opinion).

I went to a private school here in England all my life. The high school in my area which I would have to have attended is one of the worst schools in my county, I believe their GCSE pass rate is something stupid like 20% where as the secondary school I went to had a 99% pass rate.

I like private schools better, I grew up in the private Christian schools. I like the small community and you get to know everyone.

Same here :smiley: I go to a catholic school and Ive been in it all my life and i know wvwryone.When I look at my cousins public school in the USA,she says that in her year book there are people she had never seen before.:D Catholic schools arent that bad,thank God there isnt many nuns,we just have mass in the school interial field every week. :smiley:

i go to a private but because in my coubtry ( el salvador) public schools are just terrible. the kids in the public schools here vandalize and and are kinda weird.

i really can't say b/c i've been to private all my life. so i null voted. i've had friends from public though. you can definitely see a difference in how they act. they seem to be interested in the other sex at younger age and have boyfriends and girlfriends and stuff at younger age. maybe it's just my school but people here either have major crushes or just don't really care. and in education, think it depends on the schools. there are good public schools and bad private schools and good private schools and bad public schools. my dad went to public all his life and he said a good thing about public is is that you get to see more of the real life at a younger age than when you're in private. you're more enclosed, more protected at a private school. but for the school's i've been to, which have only been two non-jesuit schools, i've enjoyed them both. i'll probably end up going to a catholic highschool. oh ya, and i don't think you can judge whether which school is better or not if you've only been to one kind all your life. how would you know? also, no offense to anybody, some of the teaching methods don't even get kids to learn. but also it depends on the teacher. if you have a good teacher then you'll be getting either a good or decent education.

In terms of education, I think either one can serve you well in the average case. There are of course extrems on both ends for either public and private school. But in general, I think it's what you make of it. You see a segregation, particularly in junior and senior year. The phone who are serious about their futures tend to band together and form their own groups, and those who want to party and have little care for anything else will also gather together.

As for getting a better glimpse of real life, I don't know about that. Coming out of high school, I thought I knew everything, only to step on to a college campus and realize that I knew nothing at all.

Back