private or public schools?

would u like to go to a private school or public school

• private

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • public

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've never been to a private school, so I voted public. It's not bad, but my school is in the ghetto so it's sorta strange sometimes. :blink:

I think it really depends on the school district that you live in. If the public schools are good why pay the extra money unless you have religious prefrences.

jules and xinli have point. i must say i hafta agree. and xinli, about the life thing, i meant that my dad said that people in public get to see some of it better than the people in private school. or at least, my school.

Some of my friends orginally been to private then public then private again and they say they like private better. while a couple of them or so originally went to public then switched to private and they say they like public better. Just thought I'd share...

It really depends. You dont' necessarily see more "real life" in public. You just simply see more felgercarb. More bad habits (drugs, sexual references etc) Um see. My case's a bit funny. I went to a Private School before for 3 years but in China. I've been in public schools since i've moved to Canada. Now by all means the Chinese education system is WAY different than the Canadian one but i can probably relate. There are good things and bad things about both.

Private Schools are very well protected. Everyone is expected to be good and achive well acidemically. You get very nice facilities and you know that the money that you're paying is being pretty well used.

Public school is good in the fact that, you have more freedom to do what you like. Of course if all you wanna do is to skip class and do drugs then by all means it's not going the greatest learning environment. However, if you're going after what you want. Like my school, probably the Asian population is 50% of the school. Now not to be racist here, but just as a generalization. Most Asian parents push their children to study. So in my school the amount of competition going on between the students is CRAZY. I mean it can be a good thing or a bad thing but for those who cares, it's a pressure that's there that tells you to work harder, better, to be on top. Now the majority of my school are split into two extreme ends. The ones that do very very well and take place in contest/competition around the country or those who just fail half of the classess that they take. :lol: So it really depends on the people or the area that the school is in.

So over ALL, I do prefer the public, just because I feel like you have much more of a say on what happens to you. Does that make sense?
--mandy :angelic:

PUBLIC! I know lots of people in public, I am forced to go to private myself. Private school is so lame, I've been at this one school since 6th grade (I'm in 11th now) and ever since then I've had all the same people in my class, maybe one leaving or comming year after year...and since 7th grade I've had all the same teachers. Theres probably 180 kids at my school, and thats K5-12th grade...I have like 7 people in my class...I want to go back to public school so bad, I miss huge schools...

Private schools also suck cause we take classes like Logic, Rhetoric and all that bull and are required to complete 3 years of Latin to graduate...and we're all hypocrits(sp?)

Nope, Latin is a dead language, but "helps up build our english skills and learning other language skills cause latin is the base of all languages" and yeah, Logic, which is HELL, its felgercarb like testing statements for valididity...and it doesnt make sense cause you can have a statement like "My car is red" and that can be prooved wrong by logic...i barely passed with like, a 75...NOW I have Rhetoric, the art of speaking and using words affectively to persuade a crowd, AKA all the felgercarb that Aristotle(that ancient greece philosipher dude) wrote and thought about...its not very fun!

You get to set up a truth table! That will take you about 30-45 minutes to do that, you set it up like this:

M>D . F-DvR (this is a baby one, the huge ones can take up to an hour) and each of those stands for a statement...you then do a column of about 30 T's and F's (true and false) and cross cancel them out with each other leaving the majority, if you get a T and a F, its Invalid...it almost made me go insane. And every single problem is always sooo different and varies...but we "assume for a minute that the car is not red"...it still doesnt make sense to me.

The Other Sydney said:
You get to set up a truth table! That will take you about 30-45 minutes to do that, you set it up like this:

M>D . F-DvR (this is a baby one, the huge ones can take up to an hour) and each of those stands for a statement...you then do a column of about 30 T's and F's (true and false) and cross cancel them out with each other leaving the majority, if you get a T and a F, its Invalid...it almost made me go insane. And every single problem is always sooo different and varies...but we "assume for a minute that the car is not red"...it still doesnt make sense to me.
[post="999101"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah those do suck. We had to do those excercises in our intro computer science cirriculum. Thoguh we didn't use truth tables, and instead used boolean algebra. It takes a certain mindset to grasp the essential technique for approaching those kinds of problems. I feel for you.

Xin Li

I assume public means a state school on this thread? Sorry just a bit confused cos in the UK public schools are 'private' if you get what I mean :blink: lol :lol: Anyway I only ever went to state schools and I thought they rocked - more 'real' if you know what I mean ;)

Back