pro or anti-vegetarianism or vegans

cinders

Cadet
I'm a vegetarian and I would say around 30% of my friends are. Its a moral choice and I doubt I could ever eat meat again. I just think its horrible to eat something which can feel pain, its quite bad to thinkt hat we are mor eimportant than a helpless animal. Some people have to stand up for them. But I dunno, its over to you guys.
cinders xxx :redhair:

I'm a vegetarian. I haven't eaten meat for 6 years, but I don't have any problem with those who do. It's a personal choice, and everyone has different reasons. I just simply don't like eating meat. I eat other things though, like fish, eggs, etc.

I used to be vegitarian b/c all my friends did in like seventh grade, but I eat meat now. I don't think it's a moral choice so much as a lifestyle choice. I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals, but human beings are omnivores naturally, so how could it be wrong to eat meat?

I'm an meat eater.....But hey do what you want..I know a few people at school who i'm cool w. that dont eat meat....my friend Raven is always trying to convert people...its kinda funny.

ms.katejones said:
I used to be vegitarian b/c all my friends did in like seventh grade, but I eat meat now. I don't think it's a moral choice so much as a lifestyle choice. I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals, but human beings are omnivores naturally, so how could it be wrong to eat meat?
[post="1071687"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yes. humans are supposed to eat meat. i don't mind if people choose not to, but hey, we've been eating meat since we became humans, so...

I don't like it when hardcore vegitarians try to make you feel guilty for eating meat. This one vegan girl used to eat lunch with my friends and me and when this other girl had an egg salad sandwich, vegan girl was like, "Ew, those are chicken abortions." It was just rude and unnecessary. Everyone should be repectful of other people's decisions.

i'm a vegetarian

i become one a little over a year ago

personally, i'd always felt bad eating meat, but the one thing that changed my opinion completely was when we were involved in this mock ralley, and one group was pro-testing on animals, and the other was anti-testing on animals. i joined the anti group, but one of the arguments of the pro group was something along the lines of comparing eating animals to using them for testing. that i guess was the final thing, and now i am a vegetarian.

i still eat cheese and milk and eggs, and am wavering about fish...i haven't had fish in a while...

for me, it is showing respect to animals, because even if humans are made to eat meat, which is a fact, we are also made to be hunters and gatherers and live in caves.

i don't try to get people to convert, except when my mom is really obnoxious and tells me to just eat some meat and give it up...then i get mad! ^_^

I've been a veggie seven years, everyone knows I am opinionistic and most of my mates are meateaters, but I dont yell at them for eating a sausage roll or something, hell I work in a bakery and buy them for my friends, I serve them to people, I have nothing against others doing it. Its just my morals and I'll stick to them, cos I wouldnt want someone eating me when we can live perfectly normally on vegetables.

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>I'm veggie, I've been for 6 yrs, and I don't have a problem with others eating meat I just find it annoying if they try to shove it in your face, just makes me wanna throw up! -_- I don't eat fish either cos I conside a vegetarian as someone who doesn't eat animals not meat, and fish is a living animal, so it's exactly the same as eating meat :smiley: </span>

i am not a vegetarian. but as soon as i move out of my house, i will be. my mum insists i eat meat. ("growing teenagers need protein from meat! you'll stop growing blah blah blah!").
i know this girl who went vegan for like... a week. she kept spewing 'facts' like, "everytime you drink milk, you're killing a bull!" dont even get me started on why this thats not true... :rolleyes:

but yeah... i want to be a vegetarian, but im not allowed to be at home... and i'm cutting meat out of my diet whenever i can at home :smiley:

I was vegitarian for a few years. I'm demi-vegitarian now (so I don't eat red meat), but still my mum sometimes makes me eat red meat so I don't get anaemic. But if I have meat, it has to be free range, prefrably organic, and I'll only eat free range eggs etc. I don't think I could ever be vegan though...I am alrady the fussiest eater I know...aside from particular foods I don't like, I won't eat food in most restaurants, or food that is home cooked by someone other than my aunts, uncle, grandparents, mother, cousin or myself. Which is really difficult, and so uncomfortable when I'm at someones house, and have to say that I'm not that hungry. But my Saturday job is now at a healthfood shop, and I think I perhaps may become vegitarian again sometime, because there is a large variety of things I would like there.

Jai

its not rong to eat meat cuase were preadatorsa or w/e but i dont eat meat cause its ansty as hell! ur eatin gcooked blood and viens and meat of an animal yuk! makes me wana throuhg up! ~never even had a hambergur!~

I'm a vegatarian sort of. I haven't had a bite of meat since I was 9, but I don't really care if other people want to, it doesn't bother me. My friends say I'm not a vegitarian, I just don't eat meat.

I'm going to get a blood test for aneamia on Friday...if I'm not anaemic, my mum'll let me eat what I want...like seriously, I swear she sneaks red meat into my food, I swear. There is something about chicken and fish...'cause there's no blood, I can delude myself into thinking it never really lived.

Oh, and can I just mention what a b**** gelatine is...can they not just use something else? Like I used to lurrrrve jelly(jello?), but when I became vegitarian, I could only eat nasty vegitarian jelly. :( But now actually my fwavoritest shop in the world (Okay, that's a lie, but hey), Marks and Spencers has a fantastic vegitarian jelly. Which I plan to share a large size one with Meg along with their giant chocolate dessert thangy when we go and see A series of unfortunate events at the cinema on our half day. Mmmmmmm...assorted foodstuffs...

Jai

Back