Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Only when I'm getting paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll comment...Eventually

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Tom

An Old Friend
I have a mess beside me. I have piled all my stuff up around my desk and its getting really cluttered. CDs, DvDs, Books, Stereo equipment, wires, game boxes and much, much more.

I have been wanting to tear it all apart and redo it all but the thought of tackling all the wires and components and media is daunting.

I keep putting it off as a spring cleaning task but spring is now here and I have no excuse.

I have some new components I need to hook up (like a battery backup, a cassette deck and hook my satellite to my pc) but there is just so much stuff.

I know when I start it will easily be 2 days before I get it back together, it will be better but thats 2 days without my pc. I feel sick...

Well, I'm done and it only took me a few hours. I cleaned the dust out of my enclosure with air and put velcro tabs above my vent screens. Those little vent filters you can buy at the hardware store are perfect filters for reducing the dust intake. The velcro tabs hold them in place till you fire up the computer then the fans hold them tight. At $1.99 for 10 filters When they dust up I just change them out. Yes, I realise the more clutter there is the more dust that forms. The filters work pretty good tho. PCs should come with intake filters.

fan filters are a must for family homes where kids shed skin running around. it gets into the pc, attracted to the fans. I find myself on a bi-yearly basis cleaning out my CPU and GPU fans because of dust and shedding skin. I've had to clean other peoples pc's where they are up in arms thinking it is a warranty job when their pc gets like that. It's nature!

I just replaced the reference fan on my graphics card after it switched itself off mid gaming due to getting blocked up.

It's a reference pcb version of the ati x1950pro and I had to buy some aftermarket ram sinks as well as the Zalman vf700-cu flower fan as I needed to cover up two VRM chips as well. Had to use a rotary tool to narrow one down. Bit of a pain, but easy done.

Load temps dropped from 78 to 58c now. No more blocking up with dust either!

I like how skwirlinator didn't reply to Tim's post for two and a half months.
bigthumbup.gif

Procrastination refers to the counterproductive deferment of actions or tasks to a later time. Procrastination may result in stress, a sense of guilt and crisis, severe loss of personal productivity, as well as societal disapproval for not meeting responsibilities or commitments.

very rarely do i procrastinate. Usually when something pops into my head i do it immediatly or write it down for when i have time.

Well, procrastination is an enemy for most everyone. I also fall victim to it's cunning ways. For instance, I should be working out right now, getting ready to head to my day job, but I am stuck here talking on the best dang message board outside of facebook! No big deal, I always give myself a little time to goof off after the holidays. Procrastination is no match for my good friend, "Self Motivation". These two want to be in a steel cage match to the death. I just wonder if they want to reschedule the fight until tomorrow, or next week or the week after that!

Back