Project: Beta

Hey people! This is my first fanfic story...so tell me if u like it or not! My name is maddy and i'm 13 in WI! :smiley:

Chapter 1
Sydney took a deep, calming breath. It was so hard seeing Vaughn again, especially now, after her two years missing, and the worst part---he had gotten married. At first she had been confused, then angry. Now she felt just plain, raw hurt. But she had to put aside her feelings, at least for now. It was her first mission since she'd returned---with Vaughn right at her side. The thought made her shiver.
She held up her papers from the mission briefing. She was to pose as Alexandra Lacoste, a rich, beautiful New York upper east side heiress. They were flying into Japan to infiltrate the Moto corporation building and gather intelligence to link them to dangerous arms dealers and black-ops divisions in Russia. Moto corps had been particularly nasty towards the CIA when asked to warrant a search, so Sydney was going undercover.
She leaned back in her first-class plane seat. Her long, straight auburn hair(newly dyed) was tied back into a classy low-ponytail, and she was dressed in an understated gray cashmere sweater, short red pleated skirt, and supple brown suede Manolo Blahnik ankle boots. A leather Gucci carry-on rested at her feet.
Vaughn returned from the cockpit carrying two flutes of champagne.

"Cheers,"He said as he handed one to her.

She forced herself not to look at him. Staring out the window instead, she watched the ocean fly by beneath her, the dark cerulian waves lapping against the cream-white salty foam.

"Youre avoiding me."

Sydney turned around, met his eyes, and took a huge gulp of flaxen-colored champagne, savoring it inside her cheeks for as long as she dared to, sustaining herself from talking to him as long as possible.She finally swallowed and pursed her lips, flames of anger licking at her tongue, waiting to be spewed into Vaughn's chisled face.

"Well, I certainly hope you dont expect me to be all over you, Vaughn. You got MARRIED," She clipped.

Vaughn clenched his jaw and sat down.

"Lauren happens to be a wonderful person, Syd. She--"

"I dont need this," Sydney snapped. She stood up, stepping out to the aisle.

"And, do you honestly think that you can come here and start telling me how great your wife is, and, Vaughn, use my old familiar nickname, and think that I'm going to accept it? Maybe tou still havent realized how much you've hurt me. Two years, Vaughn. It was only two years."

Sydneys insides were burning and her eyes flooded with tears.Vaughn's eyes softened slightly.

"Sydney--"

"NO, "she shouted as she whirled around and rushed to the tiny bathroom on the private jet plane. Once she was in she locked the door and slid down against the wall until she was crouching on the floor. She started to violently sob, the never-ending tears rushing down her perfect cheeks in streams. Her fingers were entwined in her tangled hair, clenching and pulling.

How could he have done this to her? Left her so alone? Her father was in jail, her mother still missing, Francie, her best friend, dead, and Will, her only tangible companion, was in a Witness Protection program in Wisconsin.

Vaughn.

They had been so in love, so incredibly, beautifully inseperable. And then the Covenant had taken two painful years of her life, leaving her with no memory of what happened in the time she was presumed dead.
Suddenly she sat up Someone was knocking at the door.

"Sydney, I'm sorry.Thats all I can say for now. I'm still here for you. Always.Its not going to be the same, syd. It never will be, we both have to accept that. Can you please just come out and let me explain something to you?"

Vaughn's pleading tone somehow compelled Sydney to slick back her hair so it smoothly glided over her shoulders. She wiped Mascara tears from under her eyes and downed her glass of champagne. She was going to need it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

That's not even the end of the first chapter, I have more... I just have to go to dinner, my parents are calling me... LEAVE FEEDBACK!
-maddy

well hey then lol we shud all keep in contact...gtg im at school and i dont want the teacher seeing thAT im not working on social studies...toodles!
-maddy
p.s.-more people leave posts!

sydbristowalias1 said:
well hey then lol we shud all keep in contact...gtg im at school and i dont want the teacher seeing thAT im not working on social studies...toodles!
-maddy
p.s.-more people leave posts!
[post="1167103"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
lol im in class to my teacher is blabbing on about some program called excel. lol actually i know wat it is buuttt im really bored and i know wat is to be done and it all done. someone kill me!! jk. im falling asleep. :asleep:

HEY, sorry I havent updated in a while. Here it is. Leave posts.....
-Maddy
"It was a shock to see you, Syd. You don't knw how much I suffered. I quit my jon and started drinking. I was in horrible condition. And then I met Lauren, and I was finally piecing my life back together, when you woke up in Hong Kong. It has all been downhill from there, Sydney."

Vaughn's words replayed in Sydney's mind as she lay in her huge hotel bed. She stared at the crystal chandelier above her, watching it twirl ever so slightly in the evening breeze from her open window.She got up and padded on the cold hardwood floor, across to the stone balcony. She wrapped a soft cashmere blanket around her shoulders and stepped out into the brisk evening air. Closing her eyes, she listened to the light playing of the water garden in the courtyard below.Sydney opened her eyes and hummed quietly "Twinkle, twinkle little star" to herself. Her eyes searched the sky and found the brightest star she could see. tThen she made a secret little wish. A wish, that sadly, could probably never come true.

So much for fairytales.

Chapter 2
"Syd. Syyyyyd..." She felt something shaking her shoulders. Sleepily, she opened her eyes.
She jerked back a little when she saw Vaughn's face a little less than two inches from hers.

"Mmmmmmm....."

She glanced at the glowing digital clock next to her.

"Vaughn, its four. In the morning. Go. Back. To. Sleep. What did yo--"

Vaughn grabbed her around the waist and pulled her out of bed.

"WHAT--"

"We gotta run, Syd. Get dressed. Hurry!"

"What is going ON?", She shrieked impatienty. Her heart accelerated. Was something wrong?

"There's no time to ask questions. I'll tell you once we're moving. Now get dressed!"

"Fine!" Sydney stared at him for a moment.

"Well, are you going to let me change?"

Vaughn's jaw tightened.

"I dont have TIME to wait. " He promptly turned around.

She removed a black turtleneck and black fatigues from her closet, then turned away from him. She felt awkward as she lifted her shirt over her head. Hadnt she done this before... only...in front of him? But...he was married now.... Her face reddened as she relished the thought.

When she had finished, Vaughn picked up Sydney's bag and pulled out a tranquilizer gun.

"You're going to need this."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hmmm.... got ya hooked? I hope so... cause she's about to go on a mission! whoot-whoot.

I'll update sOoN!!!!
love, Maddy :redhair: (it looks like syd from hte 1st episode!)

yeah !! i´m first . I love this chapter :D , but what about the mission didn´t syd have to get it at the jtf ? i´m curiuos about that , please udate soon :angelic:
thanks for the pm :D
and congratulations on a beatiful story writen :cheers:

sydbristowalias1 said:
what is a PM list? lol im new! someone reply to my ? please, ive been wondering for a while... ttyl!
[post="1167460"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
im pretty new too but im guessing is that every time you update you send a message to those that want on our pm that a new chapter has been added. Add me to pm list. ;) oh and sweet chapter i'm on edge!

Hey all... sorry I havent gotten my story updated,Ive been super busy, and, in 5 days I'll be leaving for Costa Rica for a 10-day vacation. So love to all my alias buds!
-Maddy

aliaslover53092 said:
Love your story!  :D Costa Rica huh? Awsome. and just to make you happy, Hodgkins (english accent) LOL :lol:
[post="1200430"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
\
HAHA sarah i luv you haha..... vaughn in a cowboy costume...yum-yum deeeelish!

How could anyone not love me. LOL Except Mrs. Stern. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK. HAHA!!! Cowboy Vaughn! What if in an episode Vaughn had to be a famous rock star. Awsomly awsome! I don't know how that would work out though. YUMMY :D

Back