Project Blue Book (2019 History Channel)

The trailers for the History Channel's upcoming ten-episode series Project Blue Book isn't called a documentary, which is understandable because the trailer makes it look like a stunning new sci-fi movie about an invasion in the 1950s!

Watch the trailer and you'll see what I mean.

_________ New UFO Drama Series "Project Blue Book"

But wait a minute, this series is produced by the History channel, not the so-called SyFy (channel), and the trailer ends with the four-word phrase, "Based on true events". We should bare in mind that Earth vs the Flying Saucers has this in the opening credits.

I have Major Keyhoe's book sitting on my coffee table right now. :D

Also, consider this.

Look closely at the poster. It took me a moment to realize that we're not seeing a saucer above the road in front of the car. It's actually the rear view mirror (attached to the windshield, something that 1950s cars didn't have), and it's shaped like a saucer instead of a rectangular rear view mirror.

The reflection in the mirror shows us the strange lights above the road behind the car, but at first glance it looks like a saucer with chrome-like underside.[

Now seriously, does anybody believe that the poster isn't inspired by the scene from Earth vs the Flying Saucers shown in my mock up below? ;)

Just for fun, I checked to see if the car in Earth vs the Flying Saucers had a rear view mirror.

Result: it did, and it didn't. Naturally there was no rear view mirror in the car "set" used for filming the interior —

— but of course there WAS a rear view mirror in the real car when Hugh and Joan stopped.

And while checking out that trivial detail, I noticed another trivial detail. When the car stops, the seat covers change color! The car "set" has a dark gray interior, but the actually car's interior is white. :LOL:

Bud Brewster - All Sci-Fi

Last edited:

Xiggy

CinVin Tech Support
Staff member
(Article by Lauren Saccone at The Inquisitr News)

Are we alone in the universe? In its new scripted series, Project Blue Book, A&E looks to the past to answer this question. Specifically, it takes us back to the 1950s and 1960s, when UFO panic reigned and the real-life Project Blue Book began. Based on declassified government documents into real-life investigations of unidentified flying objects, the show retells the true stories of actual cases and the people whose lives they touched.

The first episode covers the chilling true-life tale of the Gorman Dogfight, an incident involving a UFO that some say has never been truly explained. According to History.com, on October 1, 1948, veteran World War II fighter pilot George F. Gorman came into contact with a mysterious floating white orb while flying above Fargo, North Dakota.

Click here to continue and read more...

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
@BudBrewster I glad you posted this as I've been caught up with some offline issues and totally missed the premiere episode. I've got the DVR set now to record the repeat of the first episode and new episodes going forward.

Being on The History Channel I'm kind of surprised that the tone of it is more "UFO government conspiracy mini-series" and less "faux documentary" but with Robert Zemeckis involved it's understandable. At the moment I don't recall what media group owns The History Channel so I don't know if they had a different station that it'd be better suited for but either way I'll be watching. :D

That rear view mirror image is, I think, pretty cool!
The reflection in the mirror shows us the strange lights above the road behind the car, but at first glance it looks like a saucer with chrome-like underside
Maybe it's both? :unsure:
(attached to the windshield, something that 1950s cars didn't have)
Rear view mirrors weren't standard during that time period?

Rear view mirrors weren't standard during that time period?
As shown in the images I posted from Earth vs the Flying Saucers, rear view mirrors in the 1950s where attached to the upper edge of the windshield. The glued-to-the-glass kind we have today came later.

We probably got the idea from the crashed saucer in Roswell! :cool:

Top Bottom