Sci-Fi Project Blue Book (2019 History Channel)

BudBrewster

Captain
Title: Project Blue Book

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Mystery

First aired: 2019-01-08

Creator: David O'Leary

Cast: Aidan Gillen, Michael Malarkey, Laura Mennell, Ksenia Solo, Neal McDonough, Michael Harney

Overview: A chronicle of the true top secret U.S. Air Force-sponsored investigations into UFO-related phenomena in the 1950s and ’60s, known as “Project Blue Book.”
Project Blue Book (2019 History Channel)

Last edited by a moderator:
(Article by Lauren Saccone at The Inquisitr News)

Project-Blue-Book-UFOs.jpg

Are we alone in the universe? In its new scripted series, Project Blue Book, A&E looks to the past to answer this question. Specifically, it takes us back to the 1950s and 1960s, when UFO panic reigned and the real-life Project Blue Book began. Based on declassified government documents into real-life investigations of unidentified flying objects, the show retells the true stories of actual cases and the people whose lives they touched.

The first episode covers the chilling true-life tale of the Gorman Dogfight, an incident involving a UFO that some say has never been truly explained. According to History.com, on October 1, 1948, veteran World War II fighter pilot George F. Gorman came into contact with a mysterious floating white orb while flying above Fargo, North Dakota.

Click here to continue and read more...

@BudBrewster I glad you posted this as I've been caught up with some offline issues and totally missed the premiere episode. I've got the DVR set now to record the repeat of the first episode and new episodes going forward.

Being on The History Channel I'm kind of surprised that the tone of it is more "UFO government conspiracy mini-series" and less "faux documentary" but with Robert Zemeckis involved it's understandable. At the moment I don't recall what media group owns The History Channel so I don't know if they had a different station that it'd be better suited for but either way I'll be watching. :D

That rear view mirror image is, I think, pretty cool!
The reflection in the mirror shows us the strange lights above the road behind the car, but at first glance it looks like a saucer with chrome-like underside
Maybe it's both? :thinking:
(attached to the windshield, something that 1950s cars didn't have)
Rear view mirrors weren't standard during that time period?

Rear view mirrors weren't standard during that time period?
As shown in the images I posted from Earth vs the Flying Saucers, rear view mirrors in the 1950s where attached to the upper edge of the windshield. The glued-to-the-glass kind we have today came later.

We probably got the idea from the crashed saucer in Roswell! :cool:

Just binge watched the first series , loved it . Pretty sure some of the stories from bluebook are also used in the X files . Really looking forward to season 2 , great stuff !.

I finally had a chance to binge watch S1 & S2 and thought it was done quite good. The cinematography and period correct scenes were excellent. The big lesson to be learned was that if you want to hide something big like aliens then create a coverup that is about something Top Secret and then create another coverup for the public that is a coverup for the fake Top Secret coverup. Bonus points if the public coverup hints at aliens existing to get people riled up only for the 'truth' to be explained by the Top Secret coverup.

I was disappointed to see History cancelled the show not because of ratings but because corporate strategy switched to 'reality' series programs. The usual hope would be for Netflix or Amazon to pick up the show but with the show being produced by A&E for History and now streaming on NBC's Peacock it means Universal has control of it completely within it's own corporate umbrella.

I ended up buying the series on DVD. really is a sort of alternate X-Files.
(spoiler)I really enjoyed the subplot with the Russian spy babe.

Back