Season 4 Project Helix

SkyGirl5

Cadet
ok so i haven't gotten a chance to rewatch everything yet but i just decided to throw this question out there
so irina was doubled with project helix so jack killed the clone

but this is my question - could anyone else have been double?
let's say... Syd - what if she was doubled?
now wouldn't that be one hell of a twist?

I hope project Helix has ran it's course....it made a convenient way to explain the whole Irina thing....but having a bunch of doubles running around everywhere would be exasperating! :rolleyes:

SkyGirl5 said:
let's say... Syd - what if she was doubled?
[post="1347211"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
She can't be now--unless she was also engrammatically programmed . . . and then, how would she be getting that medication that the doubles need, if she doesn't know that she's a double? The viewers would consider it a betrayal if they've been suffering along with someone who's a stranger and they don't even know it--I mean, Vaughn proposed to her! That's . . . not fair.

I'm on the record as not liking the device. It's an easy crutch for the writers to use anytime they get into a jam, and the "science" it's based on is laughable. They got rid of the thing and it was better off gone--now we can't be sure of anyone's identity and that's bad for just about any story that isn't strictly based on that premise.

Gag. :puke:
✌️

Yes, thank you, I am glad I am not alone in thinking that Project Helix's return is WEIRD!! I thought they destroyed that in Season 2. Well, Sydney did.
But my thoughts as I watched the show were that maybe Elena somehow got a protocol of it. That must be the explanation. How, who knows. But I do agree that it would be very, very bad if Helix becomes a habitual explanation for things! Way too confusing! No more doubles, please!

Yes, I found the whole "Project Helix" explanation for Irina's death exasperating. I was much more a fan of Jack having kept the truth of things away from Sydney, although that would have forged a huge Father/Daughter drama and just when they were doing so well... but I didn't like the project helix explanation one bit and I sure as heck hope that in the future they keep those so-called "destroyed" devices and plans locked up tightly in the warehouse of already used ideas where they rightfully belong.

I didn't like the Helix explanation either because it was destroyed in S2 but I will accept because they brought back Irina. So I'll forgive 'em.

ms.katejones said:
While Project Helix was a handy way to explain how Jack thought he killed Irina, I hope it is gone for good now.
[post="1347473"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree with all said above - Helix is an easy way out in most cases. It was needed for Irina - she's so important, and the writers didn't have much choice but to write her out since they didn't think she was coming back. But no more!

spydancer said:
Yes, I found the whole "Project Helix" explanation for Irina's death exasperating.  I was much more a fan of Jack having kept the truth of things away from Sydney, .
[post="1347538"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm glad it's this way, actually. Jack pulled the trigger on Irina. Every day after he regreted it. I think that's terribly important to character development. Jack needed to fully acknowledge just how much in love with Irina he is. He told Vaughn he needed to kill Lauren - but he was talking for himself. In a way killing Irina was the healing Jack needed, as awful as that may be. Ultimately, it made him face up to what Irina's true nature is: as many horrible things as she's done, she could never hurt Sydney.

ms.katejones said:
While Project Helix was a handy way to explain how Jack thought he killed Irina, I hope it is gone for good now.
[post="1347473"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hopefully gone for good ... it was needed to bring back Irina ... but lets keep it destroyed and let no one be a double to no one ... ;)

hopefully gone for good ... it was needed to bring back Irina ... but lets keep it destroyed and let no one be a double to no one ...

I so agree with all you Helix Haters ;) It should have stayed dead. I disagree that it was needed to bring Irina back. These writers are brilliant and it disappoints me when they fall back on a 'has been obvious' way out.

Even I can think of a couple things... As a matter of fact I think we've discussed other theories here :smiley:

Helix= :cuss:

I was happy as hell to see Irina alive and kicking.... but as a result of Helix? :blink: :confused: -- I'm tired of the double thing.... But I guess it was the only way of bringing her back....

What I don't like is that not only was Project Helix stupid the first time, but JJ said himself that there would be absolutely no more clones. (I guess he realized that it was a stupid idea then?) Having cloned Irina was a cop out, an easy way of bringing her back.

But Irina's back and I love it.

ahh im so glad i'm not alone on this!! i hate to just repeat what all of you guys are saying, but yea exactly, the one bad thing about Alias is how they continuously find some half-baked, already used, reason to make someone alive again...(even if it was the only way in their minds to bring Lena back :D )

and yea, i was so happy when syd destroyed the whole helix project in season 2 b/c it was a definite way of knowing it would be over with...now, i agree with you guys, im gonna go crazy wondering if anybody's who they say they are

Rose said:
I didn't like the Helix explanation either because it was destroyed in S2 but I will accept because they brought back Irina. So I'll forgive 'em.
[post="1347545"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

funny how so many of us think that ^_^

Alias_Gay said:
hopefully gone for good ... it was needed to bring back Irina ... but lets keep it destroyed and let no one be a double to no one ...  ;)
[post="1348226"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

here here ;)

I mean it's not compleetelly far-fetched. Didn't Sark say they had schematics that they were trying to make it from in The Telling?

Yes, Hibou, she's hot.

Ooops. I mean, yes, Hibou, Sark did. ( :lol: ) I didn't find it so bad. I'd actually love there to be, in one ep, A Syd Double. And the science is not laughable. If you watched ep 2.14 carefully, you'd realize otherwize.

OK guys, wait for it. Wait for it....

OK, the Vaugn we know is actually Sark.
Nadia is actually just Lauren cloned.
The Covenenat are comming to kill them all!!!

Or not... and they can bury this retarded Helix in the ground. Forever. Amen.

Back