Project Offset *wimper*

ohhhhh yes yes yes...I heard about this one a few months ago and can't wait for it. But if this comes out around the same time as hj oh god im never gonna get any sleep.

I heared about Project-Offset a long time ago, and the graphics are AMAZING. Too bad my computer definatly wont be able to run it if it is supposed to be CG quality graphics constantly. I actually belive the game is coming out for PS3, someone correct me if I'm wrong. The PS3 they say is capable of playing games at CG quality though.

Well that was a beautiful sneak preview movie. As long as I can do 3rd person view I could play it. After four years of MMO's first person view doesn't do it fo rme anymore. If in game play looks anything like the preiview I may have to readjust though.

After reading their forums, it sounds like that company is having funding issues.

That game has great potential, i mean a good mmofps has never been done, but one with a medevil/fantasy theme, that game will be insane if it does see the light of day.

Thaos Nightwind said:
Well that was a beautiful sneak preview movie. As long as I can do 3rd person view I could play it. After four years of MMO's first person view doesn't do it fo rme anymore. If in game play looks anything like the preiview I may have to readjust though.

What MMO have you been playing? The only MMOFPS I can think of off the top of my head is Planetside. Is that what you were playing, or something else?

Nice, now that is what I would call 'next gen' stuff. The graphics were amazing, certainly not the same old same old.

Darrt said:
I think he means he has grown attached to third person, not tired of it.

Yeah. What he said.

But i didn't notice that this was an online MMOFPS? I thought it was another single player game. Thats different. Haven't played on of those before. Of course, you could zoom into FPView in SWG, EQ2, and CoH/CoV if I remember correctly but I never liked it. Has to do with that immersion thing.

It gives me more immersion quality when my characters are more like little people that I know, and are idfferent form me. FPView tries to make *me* the character and for some reason its never worked for me that way.*shrug*

I dont think webzen has produced one appealing game yet, they just purchased Unreal 3 and now the offset engine, they better have soemthing insane planned, and not just another fantasy lineage 2 grindfest mock.

Morneblade said:
Very nice looking game. Won't mean monkeynutts to me if the game sucks though.

HA HA HA!! I'm going to add "monkeynutts" to my list of phrases. I do agree with you though, if it's all glitz and no game, then forget it. "Monkeynutts", lol... now I must find a way to bring that up in a conversation at work along with my usual "purple monkey dishwasher" and "donkey dongle" ... if you want to ask, you're probably better off not, hehehe.

~ Jaraeth

Thaos Nightwind said:
But i didn't notice that this was an online MMOFPS? I thought it was another single player game. Thats different. Haven't played on of those before. Of course, you could zoom into FPView in SWG, EQ2, and CoH/CoV if I remember correctly but I never liked it. Has to do with that immersion thing.

It's a singleplayer RPG. However, there will be 64 player multiplayer games (Such as the castle siege mode :D ).

Back