Project Offset *wimper*

deserttfoxx said:
I dont think webzen has produced one appealing game yet
I would agree that they haven't published or developed a title that has mass appeal in North America, but WEBZEN did launch Mu - the most successful MMO based on subscribers. Just how many subscribers did Mu have at its peak? Over 40,000,000 (yes, 40 million).

Nelson said:
I would agree that they haven't published or developed a title that has mass appeal in North America, but WEBZEN did launch Mu - the most successful MMO based on subscribers. Just how many subscribers did Mu have at its peak? Over 40,000,000 (yes, 40 million).

Never even heard of "Mu"...

tasoli said:
Never even heard of "Mu"...
Its success in North America has been extremely limited. Mu was developed in South Korea and approximately 30 million Koreans subscribed to it (nearly 3/4 of the country's population). The remaining 10 million subscribers were primarily accumulated from China and Japan.

To learn more about Mu you can visit the Official North American Mu Website.

Asian countries deal with subscription numbers in a vastly different way than other places do... Since most MMOs over there are played in web cafes, the cafes buy several copies of the game that are placed onto their computers for use if the customer pays usually the cafe's hourly fee. Once on the clock, anyone can create an account and a character and play away. So even if they play for an hour or less, that account is counted towards the total subscriber number that gets put out.

MU was the worst game i ever played, next to runescape, it was an asian based game, so 40mil isnt surprising, asia has a huge MMO fan base. That game wasnt very good, it was the same old same old grind as all korean based games, and i personally dont know how it was number one on the asian market for a while. To each his own.

Not all asain games translate well into the english style of gaming. In my opinion, GunZ was a great game, but fell short because it just didn't appeal to alot of people. I'm guessing that the same thing happened to MU.

(The reason I used GunZ is because its a popular korean game that I can actually comment on. Unlike mu.)

Back