Sci-Fi Prometheus

I have been much amused by this movie, yes indeed.

Huge fan of the Alien universe, and even have some good things to say about Resurrection

What amused me was the number of people who clearly went into Prometheus with the intent of hating it who then proceeded to find the most amazing "facts" to attack the movie on. Show me a SciFi/Horror flick, give me half an hour, and I'll come up with a dozen or so issues with the science. People kind of forget about the "fiction" part.

Clearly a whole bunch of people don't get the concept of characters doing dumb things when in danger, or taking the non-logical path. When the zombie thing breaks out I want to be with those people as clearly they will make the correct decision in every situation. :rolleyes:

For people who don't think this is epic, exactly what are you after? A movie that questions what God is, where the human race came from, and then wonders at who made God! Exactly how epic do you want things.

Scott claimed Prometheus wasn't a prequel to Alien, i.e the crashed Engineer ship is not the one discovered in the earlier movie, though it would take even a poor script writer about ten minutes to tie it in, which has lead to all sorts of disappointments in the horror community over the movie.

I enjoyed it, can understand some people not enjoying it, but remain far more entertained by some of the half baked attacks on the movie from those who were not prepared to give it a chance.

The only issue I have with this movie is that it wasn't supposed to explain the xenomorphs origin yet at the very end it shows what appears to be a type of xenomorph. Now people all assume that creature is the first xenomorph from which the entire race decended. For those that have a keen eye can I say did you notice that when they were in the room with the goo there's a visible sculpture of a xenomorph on the wall. These creatures were created long before the one we see at the end, the goo was supposed to eventually turn it's host into a xenomorph.
I can't believe how many people didn't really catch that.

Clearly a whole bunch of people don't get the concept of characters doing dumb things when in danger, or taking the non-logical path. When the zombie thing breaks out I want to be with those people as clearly they will make the correct decision in every situation. :rolleyes:
After doing a marathon viewing of The Walking Dead to catch up on the show the person best to be around after the zombie apocalypse is the redneck. ;)

Scott claimed Prometheus wasn't a prequel to Alien, i.e the crashed Engineer ship is not the one discovered in the earlier movie, though it would take even a poor script writer about ten minutes to tie it in, which has lead to all sorts of disappointments in the horror community over the movie.
Having watched Prometheus last night (hey, I'm slow in catching up on my viewing list) I propose an alternate theory about the ship in Alien -- It is really Shaw in the exosuit we are seeing.

... For those that have a keen eye can I say did you notice that when they were in the room with the goo there's a visible sculpture of a xenomorph on the wall.
I saw that but, unless I'm not remembering correctly, it wasn't a full xenomorph with the traditional head but rather just the Giger-esque body.

I saw that but, unless I'm not remembering correctly, it wasn't a full xenomorph with the traditional head but rather just the Giger-esque body.

Looks like a regular xenomorph to me:

Prometheus+ALIEN+WALL+CAVERN+2.jpg

I don't mind a horror flick but I would rather they be well thought out....Promethius had so many plot holes and just stupid felgercarb that it ruined the entire thing. The C-section event and then her stapling herself back together and then getting up and running around for the conclusion was just retarded....not going to happen. The ywere in the "future" with advanced technology...why not just have a healing device that used nano technology to completely heal the wound or something....just stupid writing....they simply made an incoherent and chaotic mess of this thing. I lost another 10 IQ points just thinking about this movie and I don't have many to spare as it is...

Back