Promise Me You'll Cry If I Die Tomorrow

First of all, thank you so much for keeping me on the PM list despite the fact that disappeared for the past two months! I really am sorry about that. I just had a lot of stuff going on and didn't get a chance to get on AA.

Secondly, I loved the two updates I missed! Soooooo cute! ^_^

lol, im glad you liked it. Ive decided on a new posting policy to keep me writing. Im not going to post a new chapter till i have at least 1 written for after the original post, thus you will get more chapters! woo

here's your update- the final one, i hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writing it. i thank you all for your wonderful reviews. if i sequel, you'll get a pm! :smiley:

love you all, Carolyn....

dedicated to Ashley (Shotput25ash) and Syd (i cant remember your full sn)

“Your arm is healing nicely” the doctor told her as she sat in the office, alone for the first time since she had been shot.

“how much longer until I can go back to work?” she asked him calmly.

“It should be several weeks still, we want you to be perfectly healthy before you go back into work for good, no sense rushing things” the Doctor smiled at her.

“Alright, thankyou” Sydney stood up and proceeded to walk out of his office. Just as she reached the parking lot, her cell phone rang.

“Hello”

“Hey Syd, its Vaughn”

“Vaughn, hey sweetie, whats up?” Sydney asked him with a smile she thought he could probably hear over the phone.

“There’s something going on at the office…um….it’s important. Do you think you can make it in? I mean, are you okay to drive and stuff?” Vaughn asked her nervously.

“Yeah, sure, I’ll be right in. Is everything okay Vaughn?” Sydney asked him.

“Yeah, fine…at least it will be” Vaughn told her.

“Okay, see you in like 15 minutes. Meet me in the garage okay? Love you” Sydney told him.

“I love you too Bristow” Vaughn smiled as he hung the phone up and looked through the glass panel that showed Lauren Reed on a table set to be executed at any moment. He thought Sydney had the right to know, the right to be there, this woman had taken so much from her, from him, from them, she helped to take two years of the life that the two of them were supposed to have.

Sydney arrived at the JTF about 10 minutes later and waited for Vaughn in the parking garage, he followed about two minutes later.

“Syd, hey” he smiled at her.

“Hey Vaughn” Sydney smiled as he kissed her gently.

“Sweetie, we need to talk before you go in there okay?” Vaughn told her quietly.

“Okay, see, Vaughn, ‘we need to talk’ or the worst words in the English dictionary, planning on dumping me at work?” Sydney winked.

“I don’t have plans to dump you, I will never lose you, ever again” Vaughn smiled as he pulled her close to him.

“mmm, Vaughn, not at work” Sydney smiled as she wriggled out of his warm embrace.

“Fine, but what I have to tell you, its important” Vaughn told her with a sense of urgency in his voice.

“Okay, what is it?” Sydney smiled at him.

“Lauren, she’s been captured…” Vaughn told her.

“That’s great Vaughn” Sydney smiled breathing a huge sigh of relief.

“Syd, that’s not all” Vaughn told her quietly.

“Lauren…she’s being executed today” Vaughn told her quickly, practically all in one breath.

“Today?” Sydney managed to stammer out.

“She’s been prepped already, there actually just waiting for me…and you, if you want to go” Vaughn told her.

Sydney didn’t know what to think, what to feel, what to do. The woman who had caused so much pain and destruction in her life was about to be put to death, and she had the opportunity to watch her be put to death, what good would come out of if she still wasn’t sure. But she needed to be there, she needed to see the life drain from this woman. It wasn’t an inhumane way to be put to death, lethal injection, not like a firing squad that Vaughn and herself had faced but survived, not like being brainwashed and being turned into someone you weren’t. Compared to all the things that Sydney had been through with the aid of Lauren Reed, lethal injection was a very nice proposition in comparison to what Sydney would be perfectly willing to make her go through.

“So, you coming?” Vaughn asked her.

“Yeah, I am” Sydney told him with a confident smile.

“Okay, lets go sweetheart” Vaughn smiled putting his arm gently around her waist, she couldn’t help but smile at the comfort she felt in his arms.

Sydney and Vaughn walked at a slow pace to the room where Lauren was set to be executed, only limited people knew of the execution, NSC Liason, Robert Lindsey, Marcus Dixon, Kendall, Weiss, Sydney’s father, Jack, Sydney and Vaughn, no other personal knew when the execution was set to have taken place. They were just informed that it would happen; this was a security precaution to avoid anyone trying to “rescue” Agent Lauren Reed-Vaughn. Yes, Reed Vaughn was indeed her last name but she had chosen, to the bliss of Vaughn himself that she would prefer to have been called Lauren Reed.

As Sydney and Vaughn opened the door, all eyes were on them, eyes of happiness from both Weiss and Dixon, eyes of confusion and sorrow from Jack and Kendall and eyes of pure dismay from Robert Lindsay.

They sat, all eyes on the dimly lit room that Lauren was strapped to a hard metal table on, she couldn’t move, she could see those who watched her and she simply looked at them, she didn’t want to live, she’d screwed her life up far too much to ever walk the same earth as those people again…she had never meant for it to go that far- but Sydney Bristow was a commodity that she couldn’t afford to have in her marriage…she did after all love Michael.

“Ms. Reed, do you have any final words?” the executioner asked her.

“yes, I do…Michael, my dearest Michael, I did love you…I still do” was all she said quite simply. Vaughn just shook his head and held a firm grip on Sydney’s hand.

With that, a lethal injection was given to Lauren, she was dead within 15minutes.

It felt as though a weight had been lifted off of Sydney’s shoulders, she know longer had to worry about who was around the corner, or if she could be seen with Vaughn…Vaughn was hers and they had their life to live…they had each other and their own love.

The End.

PM LIST

Shotput25ash
Mrs.marshal030791
Angel
Crazy for alias
Agent Verdi
Stargirl591
Sydney Bristow 2300844
Addicted2alias
Jughelynj
Texasalias2004
Bellasbaby
Alias_chica316
Frangipani
Alias fan Gillian
Katrina halliwell
Skywalker_47
Spy_love
Alexbristow03
Stealthy
Skygirl5
Katejones47
Cai
Vartan-lova
Berry_kyoote_spy88
vaughnsgurl4lf
gucci_94

awwwwwwww i loved this whole fic so much caro :hug:

it ended on a very sad but sweet note...

btw im probably having a total blonde moment here but what is JTF? :thinking:

anyway thanks for the pm
great job hun :hug:

Great Ending!
Although, it is sad to see it end
Hey Carolyn, I tried to PM you last night when I updated my fic, but it said you didn't exist, whats up with that?

Back