Season 5 prophecies?

ok so syd was cloned so that the prophecy on page 47 could be fulfilled, etc

but what about the prophecy from the end of season 3? the one that said the passenger and the chosen one would fight and only one would survive, or whatever. i didnt pay much attention to last season, especially the end, so maybe i missed something, but did they figure something out for that prophecy? cuz if anna is the chosen one and nadia is the passenger...they never fought.

Yes they figured out that one at the end of last season. Syd and Nadia fought when Nadia got sick from Rambaldi stuff. That's why Nadia was in a coma all of this season.

yeah but if anna is the chosen one, then that doesnt count. anna and syd cant both be the chosen one. so if anna is the chosen one, she never fought nadia.

yeah but if anna is the chosen one, then that doesnt count. anna and syd cant both be the chosen one. so if anna is the chosen one, she never fought nadia.

You see, this is where the writers have been clever.

When Syd was doubled and Page 47 resurfaced, all signs pointed to Anna being the 'Chosen One' in the prophecy. Now, Prophet Five undoubtedly know that Syd would never willingly invoke Rambaldi's prophecy, but they needed her - hence having a devout Rambaldi Follower double as her. Thing is, Anna has been killed before Prophet Five can use her to invoke whatever's in that Page 47 message - but they don't know that, don't know Syd is posing as Anna doubled as Syd. Now, what may happen is P5 will try using 'Anna' to invoke the prophecy, at which point they'll fail because it's really Syd - and we know she can't possibly be the 'Chosen One' because she's been to Mount Subasio way back in S1.

I think what this means in relation to Nadia is that Syd both is and isn't the 'Chosen One' at the same time, that she was destined to do battle with the 'Passenger', but she's not destined to invoke Rambaldi's prophecy - perhaps, ultimately, the woman in the prophecy is a grown-up Isabelle, but that's a totally different series... ;)

i guess i could see that. but ugh. i just think they shouldnt have brought page 47 back into this. that's one of the few things in alias that the writers couldve just left a mystery forever.

i like the fact that page 47 is back, but because they keep changing things, nothing makes sense
i mean, i was convinced that syd was now the chosen one, since anna died, n syd DID have a fight with nadia, which eventually (if u wanna stretch it) led to her death (it caused her to go itno a coma, sloane to cure her then kill her). but then i was reminded that syd climbed mt subasio
i mean, what if not all of rambaldi's prophecies were true
or maybe .... i dunno
i juss hope everything is explained by the finale, cuz if not, i will b left very confused

it is very confusing...but i insist on having faith in JJ just as i did with season 3. It will be great... i'm sure of it.

hmmm they discussed alot abt fate in this ep. i know they always do but especially in this one....w/ nadia's ghost and sloane. i think they might b implying that yes rambaldi was brilliant etc....u still have free will.

when sloane talks abt how he had to do it (kill nadia...) and was meant to do this...that whole scene w/ nadia saying did u really have to or did u choose to. something like that.

nothing else seems to make sense. cause they've already proven that most of the other prophecies didnt come true. (the two sisters fighting and ending in death)....syd seeing the mountain shes not suppose to see.

Back