Season 5 Prophesy fulfilled or Fake resolution?

Was Rambaldi's Prophesy resolved?

• Rambaldi's Prophesy was resolved, though ended without death of The Chosen One and/or The Passenger.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JJ pulled a fake resolution with things that nearly fit the Rambaldi prophesy in order to deceive us

• Not sure.

• Total voters
My memory is a little slow... but I think I remember reading in Alias Magazine that Season 5 won't have much of Rambaldi, if any. I'm not sure who said it or if it was just speculation... but I do recall reading it. I truly hope that it's not true, though, because there isn't much adventure without Rambaldi.

I also hope that the Prophecy wasn't what we saw in Before the Flood... I was expecting to see something much more climactic between Syd and Nadia. Besides... I do recall Irina stating that in Rambaldi's writing, he stated that the two would clash when "a blood-red horse walked the streets and angels fell from the sky." I don't recall any angels falling... :hmm:

Huh... it didn't even come to my mind that Vaughn's secret could be Rambaldi related. But come to think of it, I guess it could be. It'd actually be kinda cool if it is. I love Rambaldi for some cruel, twisted reason, and I really want Season 5 to be centered around him (the action part, of course. The rest must be centered around Syd and Vaughn!)

Maybe Vaughn is Rambaldi :thinking: Think about it... "My name's not Vaughn." If not Vaughn... then perhaps Rambaldi? Am I onto something, or what? :naughty:

Rambaldi died 500 years ago or something, so i don't think he is Rambaldi. That would not be cool. But it would have been cool if Vaughn's secret is Rambaldi related, so season 5 has to got some rambaldi stuff :smiley:

For me, the Rambaldi stuff is one of the reasons I watch Alias - I think it's completely fascinating, and I love seeing things unfold. I really hope the season 4 finale was a fakeout as a "prophecy fullfilling" thing - as most people seem to agree, a climactic battle it was not.

There's been so many fakeouts on this show over the 4 seasons - so why not this? lol

And I'd like Rambaldi's endgame to be something so mindblowing it would leave us breathless - after all, he seems to have outmanoevered everyone, even the big-picture thinkers like Sloane. Just when you think you know what Rambaldi was up to, something else happens that shows how complex his plans were....

I want more Rambaldi!

:smiley:

Rambaldi died 500 years ago or something, so i don't think he is Rambaldi. That would not be cool.

Don't worry, I was kidding :P

And I'd like Rambaldi's endgame to be something so mindblowing it would leave us breathless

I agree... we've been waiting long enough and hearing enough about it. My expectations for Rambaldi's endgame are extremely high right now.

As someone already mentioned, in Alias Magazine the writers of Before the Flood stated that it was not Rambaldi's endgame, it was Elena Derevko's... so I think that pretty much answers our question. Rambaldi has much more in store for us fans.

it was such a fake! no way would jj sell us out on the biggest showdown in alias history by...err. knocking one of them out first! this has only just begun, and by alias standards...its gonna get ugly.
at least, i hope so! :lol:

I want to see more Rambaldi stuff to, but the prophecy is a battle between the chosen one and the passanger and only one of them will live. And I wan't both of the to stay alive :smiley:

I don't know. It don't think it is over yet. Rembaldi has never wroung and it would be weird if he wasn't right this one time. Who knows?

~Andrea

I dont want Rambaldi to be over but if writers wanted to get rid of it I think they could shock people by confirming Irina as the chosen one and Elena as the Passenger somehow. After all they battled under the redball to and in the end Elena perished. Syd and Nadia may not have been the subjects of the prophecy. I hope it doesn't turn out this way but I came up with this trying to understand why Syd or Nadia didn't die.

I still hope Syd is the chosen one and the prophecy is unresolved.

First of all let me say: HA! Just for the reason that most of us don't trust JJ anymore. I love the guy, but he has a way of twisting the truth. Funny guy though.

Anyway, as much as I love seeing the CIA's lame-ish attempt of capturing and. Losing Sark, I think they are runing out of way to let him escape and stairways for intense action.

Rambaldi can't be leaving!! That old geezer makes the show addicting, without him we are just watching people with guns, and catchy dialogue.

The finale was too easy, I didn't have a OMG, (panic attack, followed by my dad starring at me as though I have grown horns, and muttering about the ill affects of TV) moment. I was just like, Oh, thats nice. Huh I guess JJ was too busy with Lost to give us a WOW Rambaldi conclusion. Rambaldi is dead but never gone.

I also think that LOST has detracted from ALIAS because JJ wants to focus on his new baby. ALIAS is really that older kid who is ignored when baby brother is born. The Rambaldi storyline will no doubt suffer if JJ doesn't focus on his best show!

I really don't know. I do agree with the fact that the sister's fight scene was weak, and it seemed that it didn't take long to stage and train for(like the Allison/Sydney fight). Though next season with JG expecting, I hope they'll have some of the other characters step up in their fighting skills and fill in that gap.

I hope they branch out from the Prophecy, because the show has been totally centered on it since the beginning and I think that it would be cool if they could branch out and do something different. Prophecies can only go so far. :smiley:

A Very Weiss Man said:
I think that Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec (Writers of 4.22 Before The Flood)
reveal that the Prophecy was not fulfilled in the Alias Magazine Yearbook on page 69. They wrote the following:

We should make one thing clear- the Red Ball over Sovogda was Elena Derevko's end game. It was not Rambaldi's. His deepest mysteries are yet to be revealed.

This could also mean that the Prophecy really was fulfilled but wasn't truly Milo Rambaldi's most important writing. Maybe we'll start next season with a new manuscript containing "his deepest mysteries."

Wouldn't it be awesome if we had a flashback to the time of Rambaldi and saw him writing, designing and building an artifact while Syd is on a mission to find it.

I know some people hate Rambaldi, but I LOVE IT. I just feel like there are more satisfying answers to our thousands of questions in the future.
                                                    <O>
[post="1399907"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Good, I'm glad to hear that wasn't Rambaldi's endgame, because if it was it was pretty cruddy.  As people were expressing a month and a half ago when I was last on the forums, it seemed like a pretty shoddy tie up for all the Rambaldi build-up . . . after all I'd always believed him to be mostly a good guy (remember when we saw the ancient rambaldi himself be killed back in season 1 taking a bullet for Syd?  that little nice guy definitely had better intentions that destroying the world.)

I'm a fan of the idea that Irina is the Chosen One and Elena the Passenger, but I doubt that is actually what the writers intended.

Who says the prophecy has to come true, in any case?

QUOTE(A Very Weiss Man @ Jun 28 2005, 10:07 PM)
I think that Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec (Writers of 4.22 Before The Flood)
reveal that the Prophecy was not fulfilled in the Alias Magazine Yearbook on page 69. They wrote the following:

We should make one thing clear- the Red Ball over Sovogda was Elena Derevko's end game. It was not Rambaldi's. His deepest mysteries are yet to be revealed.

This could also mean that the Prophecy really was fulfilled but wasn't truly Milo Rambaldi's most important writing. Maybe we'll start next season with a new manuscript containing "his deepest mysteries."

Wouldn't it be awesome if we had a flashback to the time of Rambaldi and saw him writing, designing and building an artifact while Syd is on a mission to find it.

I know some people hate Rambaldi, but I LOVE IT. I just feel like there are more satisfying answers to our thousands of questions in the future.
                                                    <O>

ok. good. blah. that would have been horrible if JJ wanted that to be Rambaldi's endgame!!!!

I really HOPE its the second choice, but I think it's the first choice. -_-

The way it was fullfilled just doesn't sound complete. What ever happened to the chosen one rendering desolation or whatever... Well I know she saw the mountain, but that didn't prevent her from being the chosen one. So she should still be rendering that desolation!

And I thought the sphere of life was suppose to contain Rambaldi himself. :confused:

I voted for the second one "JJ pulled a fake resolution with things that nearly fit the Rambaldi prophesy in order to deceive us." I really can't see the two sisters killing each other to fulfill the prophesy, but considering JJ, who knows, we may never get the happy ever after ending.

Back