Politics Psychic

Livvy

Cadet
i'm 15 and if i talk about this with my friends...they'd think im crazy!! does anyone know what it is exactly like to be psychic? I think i am but im not sure b/c i can sence something is going to happen, like i senced something big happening in front of my house and exactly a week later there was a huge car crash and 3 people died. A lot of things like that happen, is it just coincidence?, my dad said hes had major coincidences like that happen to him and so has his mom....maybe it runs in the family? i'd like to know more about it? can anyone help me out?

p.s. there already may be a topic on this, im not sure.

I think what you are describing is a type of being psychic.

I can tell what people are going to do, what they say, what their actions are etc, but i think that is just part of me being human and a good judge of tension in the air etc...

hey- first of all i think there is definately the possibility of psychic abilities being real. we as humans only use a very small proportion of our brains, meaning theres a hell of a lot of potential we're not in tune with yet.

some people are more intune then others, and have the ability to sense things that aren't necessarily understandable until something happens and hindsight allows us to see whats really there.

this is what sounds like happened to you- in all honesty i can tell you that to me at least it definately sounded like you mentally predicted what was to happen, whether you understood it then or not.

because it seems to run in your family it would sound like you have a gift, perhaps a small one for now, but nevertheless it is extraordinary. Don't be scared or embarrassed, and if you don't want to tell people about it thats fine too. Things like this usually freak people out because they don't understand it or don't wish to comprehend the 'otherwordly' factors that contribute to people's seeing of the future.

i would understand it as being that part of your mind is better developed then most, meaning you are more open to whatever capability eludes the rest of us.

i don't think they're are really pshics, you may have preminitions lots of people have those and also when it comes to "knowing" what people are going to do a lot of it is just being in tune with human behavior, i wouldn't look to far into it though, because people would mostlikey make way to big of a deal out of it and it would get way out of hand and also, i dont if knowing things that shouldnt be known is necisarily a good thing

there was once this theory proposed by newton, I believe, called determinism, where it was believed that if enough information were gathered, than the future can be determined by analyzing those facts. Now this theory was shot down in a play I read in school called Arcadia, due to the fact that love runs in our lives and is never predictable.

I believe there is such a thing as "predicting the future" through the analysis of the information presented to us in our lives, but anything can change the way things turn out. I've had some experiences where certain things I've dream have come true, and some other experiences where certains things have been predicted in one way or another...mostly through writing. But this "writing" is open to interpretation...the predictions are vague...but specific enough to be considered a prediction, to me anyway.

I don't think it would be considered "psychic-ness" but certainly is something unique. This ability to predict things could be considered being "more" in-tune with human behavior. I feel it has more to do with information analysis, however. But these are just my thoughts.

As seen in the movies, knowing things that shouldn't be known isn't always a good thing. The main thing it does is ruin hope. If you know what's going to happen...then there's no use hoping to something that you know won't happen. Hope is such a wonderful feeling however...it motivates us to live. Without hope...life can never be the same.

Well, I'll probably get called a loon :woot: or something after this.. but I've had MANY psychic experiences and ghostly interactions. I'll have to explain in more detail later, cause I'm really tired right now.. but I vividly saw 9/11 in a dream about 2 weeks before it happened. I knew my grandfather would die about 1 month beforehand. Things like that are just common for me. On the other hand, I can't 'read' people. I can't control what I see. It just happens, and I never know what is just a dream, and what will actually happen. When it does though, there is no denying it because the dreams are so vivid. :thinking:

I'm not the kind of person who believes in things without strong evidence, but I am also open to a lot of ideas.
This sort of thing suposedly runs in my family(My mum, aunts, cousin, grandmother etc.), but it has I guess it has skipped me (Or maybe I'm not open enough to it.). But I do experience a lot of deja vu - at least once or twice a day.
I would agree with AngelFire47 in that there is a lot about people and our brains that we don't know yet.
If I were you, I would try and practice predicting things, and write them down. Also try to look back and see if there was something that triggered your premonition/s. And then maybe you will be able to eventually have control over a part of your brain that most people only dream about. Don't let it take over your life, don't push it down if you believe there might be something there, and Good Luck! ;)

Jai

I don't think I'm psychic but I can tell if something bad is gonna happen, I never know what it is, but I can always tell, it's like a feeling, a sense, I dunno, it's difficult to explain, but it's always been there. I am now afraid of it though, cos last time I had it someone had died and now I panic whenever I have it cos I think someone's dead, someone I love. Lats time I had it was in the summer and I seriously thought I'd come back to england and find someone dead, I was seriously terrified of coming back from my holiday! But when I got back I found out that it was just one of my friends had broken up with her boyfriend who is also a friend of mine, which is why I felt it! -_-

In my opinion, when it comes to feelings, I think everyone has that...something people call intuition. Just a feeling of whether something good or bad is going to happen. Some may experience this more often then others, depending on how much you are in tune with the world around you.

Dreams...if you can remember them, those are the ones that start leading into the "psychic world." It can be difficult to distinguish the dreams that may actually mean something from the ones that simply express our own desires. In my experience, my precognitive dreams (you can tell i did some research to use such words, lol [it means predictive, for anyone who forgot ;) ]) initially concerned family members...And even when they did, it wasn't very often that the dreams were realistic. They still had an odd twist in them. Last summer, however, I received this dream that was soooo realistic and disturbing it stuck in my head...and this happened about half way around the world...sure enough, the next day i read about it on the news...i was creeped out.

About four years ago, I began roleplaying, and eventually, roleplaying led to creative writing, leading me to develop original stories with original characters. Now four years ago, just beginning to write, I was young and naive--the writing was something to take up my time and to escape the boredom of my life. Perhaps I have a schizoid personality, perhaps I'm crazy, but as I wrote, I started to "see" things that co-related to life. Ever since then, I've continued to develop stories, but instead of using hindsight to see how the story relates, I've begun to try and predict the outcome by using the story. Now I'll admit that the current story I've got going seems far out and unlikely to have any relation with life...but I thought the same thing with the story that's "occuring" right now. So I guess only time will tell...

I agree about intuition. Everyone has it, but lots of people ignore their gut feelings as being illogical when really they are quite helpful. Oh, and I think everyone should write down their dreams, not because they can tell the future, but by writing them down you remember more of them (trust me it works!) Dreams tell you a lot about yourself.

I wish I could remember my dreams as often as I used to...even though they were whacked out...things like me and my cousin being journalists, and going to Saddam Hussein's wedding, and telling the gaurds we were family so we could get in :blink:

Jai

aliasundercover said:
Well, I'll probably get called a loon  :woot:  or something after this.. but I've had MANY psychic experiences and ghostly interactions.  I'll have to explain in more detail later, cause I'm really tired right now.. but I vividly saw 9/11 in a dream about 2 weeks before it happened.  I knew my grandfather would die about 1 month beforehand.  Things like that are just common for me.  On the other hand, I can't 'read' people.  I can't control what I see.  It just happens, and I never know what is just a dream, and what will actually happen.  When it does though, there is no denying it because the dreams are so vivid.  :thinking:
[post="1113593"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hey i know exactly what ur talking about when u say u cant 'read' people and u cant control what you see. and when u say if its just a dream or what actually happens. Those are the exact same things i get. now i know im not crazy!! thanks i feel better! ;)

Livvy said:
now i know im not crazy!!
[post="1114921"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
or.... :thinking: we're both crazy :blink: LOL My family and friends used to not believe this stuff was happening to me, until I started telling them about dreams I had (right after I had them) and then the stuff happened in reality later. Some have also been around when the 'ghostly' stuff happens... freaks them out to no end :rolleyes: ;)

Moonlite Star said:
there was once this theory proposed by newton, I believe, called determinism, where it was believed that if enough information were gathered, than the future can be determined by analyzing those facts. Now this theory was shot down in a play I read in school called Arcadia, due to the fact that love runs in our lives and is never predictable.

I believe there is such a thing as "predicting the future" through the analysis of the information presented to us in our lives, but anything can change the way things turn out. I've had some experiences where certain things I've dream have come true, and some other experiences where certains things have been predicted in one way or another...mostly through writing. But this "writing" is open to interpretation...the predictions are vague...but specific enough to be considered a prediction, to me anyway.

I don't think it would be considered "psychic-ness" but certainly is something unique. This ability to predict things could be considered being "more" in-tune with human behavior. I feel it has more to do with information analysis, however. But these are just my thoughts.

As seen in the movies, knowing things that shouldn't be known isn't always a good thing. The main thing it does is ruin hope. If you know what's going to happen...then there's no use hoping to something that you know won't happen. Hope is such a wonderful feeling however...it motivates us to live. Without hope...life can never be the same.
[post="1111888"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wow. Never heard of anything like that before...I think I agree with you.

aliasundercover said:
or....  :thinking: we're both crazy  :blink: LOL  My family and friends used to not believe this stuff was happening to me, until I started telling them about dreams I had (right after I had them) and then the stuff happened in reality later.  Some have also been around when the 'ghostly' stuff happens... freaks them out to no end  :rolleyes:  ;)
[post="1115274"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

What kind of ghostly things happen around you?

:thinking: Hmm.. this could take awhile. I'll just give you some highlights..

Let me start with that fact that when I was little, it the 'events' were much more frequent. They say that children are more 'open' to the spirit world. So who knows...
Saw 2 shadows talking to each other on the wall when I was about 6 years old. Later found out that house used to be a funeral home :blink:
Lights coming on and off on several occasions, with no other explanation. Like, I'll lay down in bed and my lamp will come on by itself.
Had an experience where it felt like someone was tucking me into bed. (ie: I got into bed, and all the sudden I felt a hand on my back, and then smoothing the covers). I was about 12 when that happened.
When I had a friend over in high school, I had gone to the restroom, and I heard her scream my name. The stereo had come on when she was across the room from it.
In one of my apartments during college, had a friend over, and we just happened to be talking about my hauntings, and she was then kind of scared. So, when she went to the restroom upstairs, she forced me to stand at the bottom of them so she could see me the whole time. Then she said something like "Oh, this is ridiculous, why the hell should I be afraid of some ghost?" At that exact second, my kitchen sink turned on full blast. :confused: Definitely freaked her out, since she could see me and knew I didn't do it...

Okay, those are just a few.. but it's a lot of little things too.. Like sensing that someone is right next to you and stuff. :blink:

wow those ghostly experiences seem very creepy. i dont get too many of those, but i can sense when someone is behind me but sometimes i turn around and i dont see anything. when i sleep i wake up when someone is standing over me but sometimes i wake up and no one is there. sometimes doors shut in the upstairs of my house when another door downstairs closes, i blame it on the wind though. but still it seems creepy at first but im just used to it now.

Back