Public Execution

Daax

Cadet
Let's face it, there always have been and always will be people that will constanly break rules and cheat in MMOs, and many have been and will be kicked off of these MMOs because of it.

I propose we turn the deletions of these law breakers into public executions, and make good of those Executioner npcs.

I'm talking a literal planned event of the deleltion of characters caught hacking, cheating, breaking various rules again and again. Let's make it a celebration. an actual town gathering and public execution where fellow players can watch as these law breakers are served their just rewards.

Maybe a GM walks up to the law breaker in chains and reads him his crime, and the GM gives the signal as an executioner npc delivers the head-splitting blow.

This idea is purely for the sake of roleplay, humor, and even warning to future hackers/rule breakers. I hope I described it well enough for you to all see what I'm envisioning. I just think it would be a very neat idea that all would enjoy if you like roleplaying.

Well, it's a little macabre, but, I mean... I guess I could see it working. Another option would be to set up a cage in the middle of town that holds a huge beast, then, for the execution, lather the culprit up in bacon grease, then toss them in with the beast. There could be an animation of them running around and screaming before the beast catches them and proceeds to eat them piece by piece.

People could buy popcorn, throw popcorn... You know, that kind of stuff. Everyone could get drunk and chant "Eat 'em! Eat 'em! Eat 'em!" as a crowd. It'd be awesome.

Well, I mean... My character probably wouldn't support it, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't.

Kuzzle said:
Well, I mean... My character probably wouldn't support it, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't.

Nice. Thats how my characters are usually played. They're like little buddies of mine that would take on challenges that I wouldn't.

Its a cool idea, but i think it would be better if we just got a list, in game, divided by server, listing the cheaters character name, level, allhis subsequent alts,servers he was on,and what he was caught doing,and his punishment. ANd this list would constantly update if said hacker were to create another character or account fromthe same ip.

I am all for roleplay, but i prefere to get rid of them and branding them.

That would be a really neat idea Daax. However, do you truely think that an individual who was caught hacking is going to stay logged in for public humiliation?

I doubt it. I'm sure if they could log the model of the character, and then just act it, that would be awsome :smiley:

No, he wouldn't actually be online. But technically, the one we're all watching getting executed is actually an npc exact replica of the hacker's character and name. Directly after the execution the hacker's real character is delete and account banned or whatever.

Personally I have always hoped for a system where a "policing" force is voted by the players on what team of players is to enforce policies and rules of the server and/or eula, lol

Duraenos said:
Personally I have always hoped for a system where a "policing" force is voted by the players on what team of players is to enforce policies and rules of the server and/or eula, lol

I have never even thought of a system like that. Letting the players vote on a certain number of players to police the server could be interesting. Possibly vote in 10 people who have open PvP on everyone, and are equiped with something special to help them take down people who are abusing hte eula, or laws of Elanthia.

I like the idea of jailing those of lesser notoriety (i.e. they only broke a rule once or twice).

Public executions should be saved for those truly notorious individuals (i.e. annoyingly pervasive individuals whom continually break the rules).

The only problem with actually putting someone in jail is this. If you're paying $15 a month, and you decide to PK someone, and a GM fits you in jail, what a waste of money. Am I not correct?

You should just have to pay a fine like in Oblivion, or add to your 'bounty'.

Laugh Out Loud.

Great idea. Reminds me of .hack//Dusk. They took cheaters and put them on a big spinning table and let the community throw daggers at them.

WatchMaker said:
Laugh Out Loud.

Great idea. Reminds me of .hack//Dusk. They took cheaters and put them on a big spinning table and let the community throw daggers at them.
Why can't we do something like that? At least make things interesting, that would be incredibly fun!

Daax said:
I propose we turn the deletions of these law breakers into public executions, and make good of those Executioner npcs.

I'm talking a literal planned event of the deleltion of characters caught hacking, cheating, breaking various rules again and again. Let's make it a celebration. an actual town gathering and public execution where fellow players can watch as these law breakers are served their just rewards.

/chops wood for the fire

I have no love or patience for cheaters. Burn'em all and donate their goods to the church.

Oh yeah see. Proven bots and cheaters etc have their PvP option permantly turned on. Attackable at anytime and by any number of players. Their pockets get laced with say 500,000 gold and the marker 'Open Bounty' replaces their overhead name. All $$ items/equipment etc is up for grabs upon death by all those who even struck one blow.

In fact he/she who inflicts the most damage leading to death gets a greater percentage of same plus bonus XP to boot!!!

NO no no wait! We permantly place proven bots/cheaters in the noob tutorial to undergo all questions of incoming players. LOL!!

If we do things like our other games, depending on what was done, there will be a system of warnings, lockouts, and eventually being banned for ever.

When you are in a lockout, if you log in, you log into a small room that you can't get out of. I've never seen it... But I could probably find a log with the description or something... I think the lockouts go something like 1 day, then 3 then 1 week.. I don't know about a month or not.. I could probably find out, but then again it's not really that important right this second.

frostydf2 said:
I have never even thought of a system like that. Letting the players vote on a certain number of players to police the server could be interesting. Possibly vote in 10 people who have open PvP on everyone, and are equiped with something special to help them take down people who are abusing hte eula, or laws of Elanthia.
The anime, .hack/sign is actually where I got the idea. The Crimson Guard were a group of players who had policing control over players who got out of line. Since there is already the council, then them, or the community as a whole could vote on who gets assigned to the "guard". One could even spin events off of this whole idea with tirals and quests players have to go through in order to be eligible to be a candidate for the guard.

Roma-Victor has a cool policy like this. Plus that was always fun to read / see in the .hack series. Set up a row of piked players leading to a city gate and if you hover over the mangled bodies you can see their user name and offense and just know, to be good.

i know this is off topic but .hack is soo tight they need to come out with .hack//fragment here in the US i would play that.. but my PS2 broke.. but back on topic i would love a public exicution would give me somthing to look forward to when im in town instead of seeing 100 people sitting down selling junk all around the auction house(FFXI) but i say the person would have to do somthing really really bad to get exicuted.

Back