Pulp fiction

Xblood

Cadet
i dont know if this should go in the movie thread or what but who has seen pulp fiction? its a good movie i like what samual jackson says be4 he unloads like 60 rounds into sum1... well its in the bible i want to know what it says because i want to always have it as my quote and im to lazy to write it down but it starts like this "you think your 25 17 the path of rightouse.. something i dont remember but its tight

Mr. Taratino took advantage of artistic liberty with that verse. It is supposedly Ezekiel 25:17:

"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Frozz

My brother made me watch it when I was little.

No fun. A good movie, but back then it bothered me. I watched Akira at the age of five or six also.

You're better off listening to the movie and writing it down because Tarantino (in his usual way) took a lot of liberty and pretty much wrote his own version of the passage.

It's Ezekial 25:12-17.

Thus saith the Lord God;
"Because that Edom hath dealt against the house of Judah by taking vengeance,
and hath greatly offended, and revegenged himself upon them;"

Therefore thus saith the Lord God;
"I will stretch out mine hand upon Edom,
and will cut off man and beast from it;
and I will make it desolate from Teman;
and they of Dedan shall fall by the sword."

"And I will lay my vengeance upon Edom by the hand of my people Israel:
and they shall do in Edom according to mine anger and according to my fury;
and they shall know my vengeance," saith the Lord God.

Thus saith the Lord God;
"Because the Philistines have dealt by revenge,
and have taken vengeance with a despiteful heart,
to destroy itfor the old hatred";

Therefore thus saith the Lord God;
"Behold, I will stretch out mine hand upon the Philistines,
and I will cut off the Cherethims,
and destroy the remnant of the seat coast."

"And I will excute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes;
and they shall know I am the Lord,
when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

As you can see, not a lot of simularity,
Samuel says something about "with fuuuuuurious anger, and you will know I aaaam the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!" or whatever.

Typical Tarantino stuff really hehe.

I have to say though after reading that passage from the Bible, here's me thinking it's all about compassion and caring and loving they neighbour, and all he can talk about is murdering non-believers.

But then, not much has changed in a couple of thousand years.

I really did have a chuckle at the "...upon them with furious rebukes;" line.

re·buke Audio pronunciation of "rebuke" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-byk)
tr.v. re·buked, re·buk·ing, re·bukes

1. To criticize or reprove sharply; reprimand. See Synonyms at admonish.
2. To check or repress.

To lay your vengeance upon someone with "furious rebukes" sounds like the original school playground "Omg you r sooo ghey!" "Omg am not! You r!" "Omg u r 2!!1"

As you can tell, I don't have much time for God ;)

But yes, as you can see from above, best you quote the Taratino version of the Bible, rather than the King James' (unless of course it's not the same Ezekiel 25:12-17 from the Kings James Bible.. :confused: )

you know that they are trying to make a sequel to Boondocks called All Saints Day. it was supposed to be on the screen like last year, but it keeps hitting snags. i hope it doesn't get made, b/c im really afraid that it will be horrible. imagine a pulp fiction 2, or a fight club 2. wouldn't that piss you off?

I thought that project got trashed? I havent heard anything about the actual filming, so I just assumed it fell through the cracks.

Mr. Taratino took advantage of artistic liberty with that verse. It is supposedly Ezekiel 25:17:

"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Frozz

thanks i think ill use this 1 :smiley:

Originally posted by Xhar@May 8 2006, 03:49 PM
Ok, how can you have PF and FC as faves and NOT list Boondock Saints???
Hmm, I honestly don't know anything about that movie Xhar but now you've made me curious. I'll have to check it out.

DUUUUUDE!!! Boondock saints is probably THE BEST vigalante movie ever made! I highly reccomend you buy the dvd, gild the case in gold chasing, clear an entire shelf off with candles on either side and... whoops, got carried away again...

Uhm, its a good flick, check it out :smiley:

Back