Puppy Love

OMG that was SO great!!
i am so pleased that she said yes and that their moving in together!
i hope that she says yes and they they get married and live happily ever after lol! :D
thanks for the PM
cant wait for sundays update!!
xx

Good speech mom, hit the nail right on the head... And I can just see Micheal and Eric going through a hundred boxes of cracker jacks... Micheal searching and Eric eating them!! :smiley: Awesome update, can't wait for the final chapter :smiley:

That was great ... awww yeah glad Syd decided to move in with him ... love Michael and Erics little heart to heart ... aww he asked her to marry him with a Cracker Jack ring ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Aww YA he proposed!!!!!! :love:
-And YA she said yes!!! :D
The way he did it was soo perfect too....she didn't even expect it!!!
-Can't wait for more!! Thanks for the pm!!!

Hey guys,

This is the End of this story. I had fun writing it and I hope you liked it, too. Thanks for R & R and talk to you soon.

:smiley:

CJ

~Part 24~

He took her hand, stroking sparks across her skin. “I’d do it all over again. I love you, and I’ll do anything to prove it to you.”

A deep, true, unmistakable love emanated from her eyes like a candle in the window on a cold, dark night.

A thrill raced through her, and she swallowed past the sudden lump in her throat, hanging on to his gaze with her own.

“Oh, Michael…”

He pulled her close and leaned down and gently whispered words across her lips.

“Say you love me, Sydney. I know you do.”

The delicious scent of coffee and cream swirled around her. She sighed as his lips caressed hers, feeling contentment seep into her, straight from his heart to hers.

She did love him.

As a calm fell over her, she held out her left hand and looked at the ring. Lord, the thing was ugly, but in wonderful way. It was the perfect symbol of their love, and it showed her that he not only really loved her but that he understood what had kept her from admitting her love to him.

Michael’s love and understanding had healed the wound on her heart.

Tears brimmed in her eyes and fell down her cheeks.

“I love you, Michael, and I have for a long time. I was just too afraid to admit it. And yes, I will marry you.” She said, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissed him like a woman who never intended to let him go.

His mouth curved into a stunning smile, and his green eyes danced with happiness as he finally drew back.

“Well, it’s about time, Ms. Bristow. I thought you’d never realize what a catch I am.”

He dug into his pants pocket and pulled out a small velvet box.

“Now that the pretend ring has done its job, it’s time for the real thing.” He looked into her eyes and flipped open the box’s satin-lined lid. Inside was a sapphire and diamond ring almost identical to the one her father had given her when she was a child.

Sydney’s chest burned the deepest, truest love she’d ever felt.

“Oh, Michael, “she whispered, pressing a hand to her tight chest. “You remembered.”

She reached out and took the ring from the box, admiring the deep-blue glow of the round sapphire and the glitter of the small diamonds that encircled it in a gleaming gold-filigree setting.

Sydney's engagement ring

“Here, let me put it on.” He gently removed the purple ring and took the sapphire ring from her.

“I’m sure your father loved you and I do, too. This ring shows you how much.” He slowly slid the ring onto her left hand.

It fit perfectly. Just like Michael’s love.

“I love you, “she said, looking into his eyes, finally unafraid to lose herself in his gorgeous green gaze. She pulled his mouth down to hers and kissed him long and hard, pressing close, adoring the way they melded perfectly together.

A long time later Michael kissed his way across her cheek and buried his mouth next to her ear. He nibbled, tickling her, then said.

“So this bachelor’s finally taken?”

“Forever, “she said, then kissed him again with every intention of showing him what he means to her for the rest of her life.

As they plodded themselves on the sofa, he pulled her closer to him until she was sitting on his lap.

“So what kind of wedding do you want?”

“Small. Maybe on the beach at sunset.”

“You’ll look sexy as hell.”

“What do you think?”

“I think we should just do it. We can pack a few things and call a few people and make it happen this weekend.”

“In hurry to make an honest woman out of me, aren’t you?”

“I have ulterior motives.” He said, kissing the side of her neck as she laughed.

“Care to share?”

“Nah, I’d rather show you.”

She got up from his lap and pulled him by the shirt. “I can’t wait.”

He gathered her in his arms and raced upstairs to their bedroom.

TBC

Epilogue

Three years later.

“Mommy, when is daddy coming home?” Emma asked her mother.

“Soon, sweetie. Why don’t you and Gracie put your toys away so you girls can come help me in the kitchen. Okay?”

“Yes, Mommy.” Emma replied as the two girls raced in the living room to put their toys away.

Sydney was making Michael’s favorite meal when the phone rang.

“Hello.”

“Hey, honey.”

“Hey. When are you coming home?”

“Soon. Are the girls behaving?”

“Yes. They actually made you a surprise. So you’d better not be late.”

“I should be there in an hour.”

“See you soon.”

“Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

“Was that daddy?” Gracie asked as she came into the kitchen.

“Yes. He’s going to be here soon. Are you excited about your surprise?”

“Uh, huh!” Gracie nodded excitedly.

“Where’s your sister?”

“I gave her a dollar to pick up the toys all by herself.”

“Gracie!” Sydney reprimanded.” Those toys are as much hers as they are yours. Besides, your sister is not your personal slave.”

“I ‘m sorry, mommy. I’ll go help now.”

“You do that.” Sydney smiled as the little girl raced back to the living room to help her sister.

An hour later, Michael walked in the living room with Weiss close behind him.

“Honey, hope you don’t mind I’d picked up a stray on my way home.”

“Hey, is that a way to announce your best friend.” Weiss said in a hurt tone.

“What? You know we like having you here. We told you a long time ago that you’re always welcome here. Besides the kids missed you.”

“Well, I was kind of busy lately. I met this woman and she’s super nice. Her name is Nadia. She came to the shop a few weeks ago and we hit it off. I might not be a lifetime bachelor after all.”

“What? Are you telling me that the great Eric Weiss has fallen in love?”

“Fine. You can shout it over the rooftops. You know I’ve known you all my life and I’ve never seen you so happy…so I decided to give love a shot.”

“Good for you.”

“Yeah, she’s great. I can’t wait for you guys to meet her.”

“Why don’t you invite her this weekend. We’ll do a barbeque.”

“Okay.”

“There you are.” Sydney said, coming to the living room and kissing her husband.

“Uh, kids in the room.” he said, pointing at the two giggling girls sitting on the floor.

“Hey, sweethearts.” Michael said, picking the two girls in his arms. “So where’s my surprise?”

“Come.” The two girls said, pulling on his arm. Laughing, he followed his girls to the backyard.

“So where is it?”

“Cover your eyes, daddy.”

The two girls set up the scene and once they were ready, they told him to open his eyes.

Each other girls were wearing some kind of costume as they made the dogs do all kind of tricks like in a circus.

“Happy birthday, Daddy.” The girls chanted in unison.

Never in his life, he thought he could be happier than he was right this second. He finally had everything he ever wanted in life. A lovely wife that he loved more than anything in the world and two beautiful children that thought him all about unconditional love. As for what else he wanted…absolutely nothing. He has it all.

The End.

How sweet! I read most of this the other day; the site must not have been working as fast as my patience needed them to so I didn't post a reply. I loved it!! You are a great writer. Keep it up!

ahhhhhh no it cant be over!!!!!!
are u sure u dont want 2 write a new fic cos there all so great
please!!!.....please!!!........please!!!........
anyways i loved the ending
“Where’s your sister?”“I gave her a dollar to pick up the toys all by herself.”“Gracie!” Sydney reprimanded.” Those toys are as much hers as they are yours. Besides, your sister is not your personal slave.”
i realy loved that part

thanx 4 all of the great chaps ill miss them!!!!!!
but if you write another i wont have to!!!!!!!
gracie

awww.. this was a great story and a great ending. Thanks for writing it. I really hope you weren't serious when you said this and SD were your last stories b/c they were awesome and you should keep writing.

PM me if you ever do anything else again!

:smiley:

That was great ... aww soo cute ... yeah she said yes ... aww they have another daughter ... soo cute ... thanks for the PM ... aww cant believe its over already

Back