Puppy Love

Awww... I am so proud and Happy that she didn't pursue the story, and even happier that they opened up to each other.

Now Michael needs to wake up and realize that she just sacrificed her whole career for him. Maybe even her house too... wake up silly man!!

Thanks again for the PM, and if its not too much trouble, could i stay on the list??

He shrugged. “Why don’t you tell me about your childhood.”

“I was a kid, I grew up.” She reached for him. “Now come back here and kiss me.”
HA HA, someone's a little anxious!! :smiley:

He wanted to talk and she was shutting him out the way just like his father always had. He’d never known how to fight that.” Be serious.”

She abruptly stood and began to pace. “Talking is hard for me, “ she said, wringing her hands.

“Why?”

She stopped pacing and shrugged her slim shoulders.” What if you don’t like what you hear?”

He stood and walked closer to her. “Why do you think I might not like what I hear?”

She looked away, bit her lips between her teeth. “I don’t know.”

He pulled on her shoulder. “Yes, you do.”

She resisted for a moment, then gave in and faced him, her eyes reflecting a dark, intense pain.

He ran a finger down her silky cheek. “Tell me.”

“I’m so afraid of this…this kind of thing. It all started with my father. Him and I never been close. He was always traveling and I’d stay with my mother. After the divorce, he disappeared somewhere in Canada. I haven’t seen him in over ten years. And then, my ex-boyfriend had an affair with one of my best friends, ran off with her and left me with huge, devastating debts. ”

“I realize a long time ago that every man I’ve cared about has left me.”

“But enough about me. What about you? Why haven’t you even married?”

How he had let himself get so close to Sydney after vowing to keep her from getting under his skin. He was drawn to her in a way he didn’t understand, in a way that scared the hell out of him.

“Relationships come with a price.”

“Why are so certain you’d pay a price to be with me?”

“I’ve learned early on from my father, and all of the woman in his life, that love comes with strings and conditions attached.”

“Isn’t it worth it for the right person?”

Viewed from the right perspective, she was the perfect woman for him to spend time with.

He stood and moved toward her, and put his hands on her shoulders.

“You had the right idea. Let’s not talk anymore, okay?” Pulling her closer, he kissed her again, savoring the feel of her soft body in his arms and losing himself in her.
To bad they are both so guarded!! :( But they are just what each other needs...

“Vaughn wasn’t there?”

She started to fidget. “He was.”

“Then why didn’t you get the story?”

“I couldn’t do it.”

“Couldn’t or wouldn’t?”

She pulled in a deep breath, unable to lie.” Wouldn’t.”
You made the right choice!! :smiley: To bad you had to lose your job over it though...

“I’m sorry, but I can’t cut you any slack. I’ve got three reporters willing to do whatever it takes to get the scoop. He paused. “Good journalists don’t back out for any reasons. Ever.”
A**

Great update... Though both need to talk about these things at some point, otherwise they are never going to get anywhere!!! Can't wait for the next chapter... ;)

I'm vey proud of Syd right now. She choose Vaughn and Gracie over her job. Andhouse cos now she can lose it :( I hope that Vaughn wouldn't freak out and do something stupid. Becouse i have that strande feeling...

aww she lost her job and joes still gonna get a reporter to write something mean about vaughn :( love the new chapter..as always. and keep me on the PM list!! thanks! ~Lizzy

Sydney and Michael are so cute!! But she lost her job!! At least it was for something she believed in.

Great update. Can't wait for more.

~Karen

That was great ... aww soo cute ... they will have to talk about that kind of stuff eventully tho ... they cant avoid it thats not good for their relationship ... aww poor Syd got fired ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Wow can't believe she got fired
But good for her..she didn't betray Michael and that was the right choice
thanks for the pm

She lost her job because she chose Michael and Gracie over her story. It was the right thing to do. Now I hope Michael realizes just what she did for him.
Thanks for the PM

YA I'm so glad she followed her heart and still didn't do the story!!! :D
-They are soo cute and I hope Vaughn appreciates that!!!!!!
Loved it!!! Soo cute!!!!! :love:
-Thanks for the pm!!!

Back