Puppy Love

That was great ... he is soo adorable ... love that he got her that many flowers ... and he made her dinner soo cute ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

more kissing!! haha.

OMV. when i tried to type the word 'kissing' i dont really know what my fingers are doign anymore, and OMV, i typed 'kids'!!! hahaha!
is that a sign or something??

Aww Vaughn's too cute!!! :love:
-Ha I loved how he ruined dinner!!! :lol:
But ya he thinks she's the one!!!!! :woot:
-Great update!! Loved it!!

Vaughn raised his eyebrows, move to a utility drawer a few feet away, took out a hammer and placed it on the counter.

Vaughn ran hot water over the metal hammer head before answering Weiss’s questions.

Chicken juices sprayed on the counter. The once-spotless kitchen was a mess, with various pots and pans, measuring cups and ingredients strewn over the various surfaces.

Oh thats gross... I thought I was making up kitchen utensils in my head when I read that. :rotflmao: That is such a guys thing to do though! Thankyou for making my night!

Great update, thanks for the PM!
-G

i've read the 28 pages straight and this story is great !!! i love it !! :woot:

can you add me to your PM list please ??? :angelic:
i can't wait for next post !!

That's adorable! Haha I always thought Vaughn would be a good cook tho. Thanks for blowing those dreams! lol. I'm kidding. Great chap! Thanks for the pm and I can't wait for the next update! ^_^

Happy Alias Day. :P

Thanks for R & R and talk to you soon. :smiley: CJ

A quick note: Next update will be Friday and the Conclusion on Sunday. Don't miss it.

~Part 22~

"I'll admit the dinner I cooked last weekend was lousy, but I should get points for trying, don't you think, Gracie?"

His daughter reached across the seat, patted him on the cheek and said, "Swing, Daddy?”

Michael laughed, ruffled the little girl’s hair and hit the button that automatically unlocked the passenger-side door. "Let's go."

Once they were out of the car, Gracie ran ahead and reached the playground. A toddler swing hung suspended from the bar on the swing set, impossible for the little girl to reach without a lift. She practically danced as she waited, calling in a high-pitched, excited voice.

"Huwwy up, Daddy."

The day was unseasonably warm for November, probably in the low fifties. Gracie needed to make the most of this playground opportunity before the cold weather arrived in earnest. That was Michael’s motto, too: make the most of the opportunities life presented.

Forgetting his troubles, he broke into a trot, yelling, "Wait up, Gracie. Your daddy’s coming to the rescue."

Sydney stamped down hard on the car brakes, fortunate there was no traffic behind her. She blinked, but there was no mistaking Michael’s tall, strong form as he pushed his little girl in a toddler swing. Gracie’s legs kicked gleefully back and forth.
Sydney hesitated only slightly before parking and walking toward the park.

Gracie giggles and the man's answering laugh carried on the slight breeze as she walked, warming her.

"Up, daddy," the little girl demanded in a breathless voice. "Up. Up."

Catching sight of her, Michael smile broadened and he waved.

“Hey.” He said as she made their way toward them.

“Hey.”

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Michael asked as he continued to propel the laughing little girl higher and higher.

“I was in town for an interview and saw you two in the park and decided to come and say hello. What are you guys doing?”

"Playing. Mrs. Smith is gone visiting her sister in New York for a couple of days, so it’s just me and Gracie.” He said with a huge smile on his face.

"I'm not doing anything special today. Want some help?" She asked as he nodded.

~*~

Michael collapsed next to Sydney on the sofa in his living room and leaned his head back against the cushions. "I think Gracie’s down for the night, but I thought the same thing before that last glass of water, so don't count on it."

"She’s a spitfire, that's for sure," Sydney said. "It's amazing how much energy she has."
After leaving the park, they'd taken in a matinee movie featuring dancing cartoon emus, played tag in the backyard, munched on a dinner of burgers and fries at the McIntosh deli and finished up the evening with hide and seek and bedtime stories.

"She adores you, you know," Sydney commented.

Michael turned his head, a small smile playing about his lips. "Not half as much as I adore her. But right now, the kid's cramping my style. I finally have you alone and I can't even kiss you because Gracie might come running into the living room."

"What makes you think I'd let you kiss me?" she teased.

"I'm nothing if not optimistic." Michael brushed her hair back from her face, leaving tendrils of sensation wherever his fingers touched. "And have I mentioned patient? Very patient. I'm not even going to ask you out again, just to show how patient I am."
She could resist a man who sent her flowers and chocolates. A man who was wonderful with children, she couldn't resist.

"That's too bad, because the answer would be yes."

"Then I take it back," he said with alacrity. "Will you go out with me?" His hand gently stroked her now-warm cheek. "For real next time?"

She laughed. "When? Where?"

"My sources tell me you like to bowl so how about tomorrow night at seven at McIntosh Lanes?“

"I'll be there." She ran her fingers across his jaw, which felt faintly bristly. "As for now, are you sure about that kiss? Gracie must be asleep by now."

"You're a good man, Michael Vaughn," she told him as she leaned closer.

He smiled at the compliment, and it seemed the most natural thing in the world for her to lift her lips when he dipped his head to kiss her.

His lips felt cool, but his breath was warm, fueling something inside her that had been dormant until she met him. She closed her eyes, savoring the taste of him, luxuriating in the feel of him as he deepened the kiss.

"Daddy." The very awake little girl stood at the mouth of the room. "I have to go to the baffroom."

~*~

Michael wasn't sure why Sydney had changed her mind about dating him, but he was too busy enjoying his good fortune to analyze the reason. It was enough that she was here, at a bowling alley empty of everyone except himself. He'd even convinced the manager, one of his teammates in the local men's hockey league, to trust him to lock up when they were done.

"Don't tell me you rented the entire alley," she said after she came through the swinging glass door in blue jeans, a pale-pink shirt and a ponytail.

"Francie said you liked privacy. So I got you some."

Sydney shook her head, but seemed amused. "Somehow I doubt you can bowl as well as you can charm, but let's give it a shot."

Michael was more of an athlete than a bowler. He didn't embarrass himself but had no real chance of winning against an opponent whose norm was a strike or a spare.

"I'm glad you're not a sore loser," she said after she'd won the third game in a row.
He took her hand, pulled her to her feet, gazed into her eyes and said, "I don't feel like a loser. I feel like I just won the lottery."

He’d wanted her, desired her, and had tried to control her and manipulate their relationship to suit him. But he hadn’t ever let himself see the most important thing, what he’d been grasping at all along but had been too stubborn and foolish to figure out.

He loved Sydney.

His stomach caved in on itself. Loving her filled him. As he looked at Sydney standing there, nothing else mattered but telling her how he felt.

Filled with blinding, humbling emotion and a newfound sense of purpose, he took her hand and pulled, wanting her to face him when he told her what he’d finally figured out.

“Syd, please look at me.”

Her chin quivered. Slowly she twisted her head, and her shimmering brown gaze met his.

Happiness flooded his being, a happiness so strong and true he knew everything had to turn out all right.

He took a deep breath and blurted out the truth buried in his heart. " I love you, Sydney. I love you with all my heart and I want you to come live with me and Gracie."

He took her face in his hands and kissed her, gently at first, then with increasing pressure until she moaned into his mouth. Finally he lifted his head. "Don’t say anything. At least say you'll think about it."

"I'll think about it," she said softly.

Sydney could think of nothing over the next few days except Michael’s declaration of love and his suggestion that they live together. The part of her containing her heart wanted to accept but was at odds with the part housing her brain.

TBC

Pm list: Want On or Off, Please let me know. Thanks. Pms are acting up. Will try again later. :rolleyes:

6helterskelter6
Addicted 2 alias
albob
Alias_chick_47
Aliasfan212
AliasSydney502
Alwazabrat
Ams4alias
Angel
ASIOagent
Atekamel
Blknight
catfishally
Catpin
cupcake55
Derevkointraining
Fire*N*ice
grassyass
gregstar
Gtwallichs
IheartVaughn
invisible
Jadeygirl
Jen-Jen
KaliasGirl
Kate_14
Kittykatsmeow
les400coups
LittleNicky
Loane
mnkdance963
Nancy o
Nicky_Bristow
oooRevesDouxooo
Prediction 47

scullymulder1234
Shelley g.
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
Sparklingrainbow
Spychic16
SpygirlAmy
SuperDuck123
SweetiePie
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Sydney_alias_Vaughn
SydneyAnneVaughn

Sydneyvaughn47
SydneyMicheal
Sydofthesea
Tblash423
texasalias2004
tubby
Tunita
Twinkley_angel
ubielecki
Vartan-lova
Vaughnshoney
vaughnsgurl4lf
Wiseman
XMountineer02300844X
Xxaliasluverxx

please let her say yes and move in with them!!
thats was a great update! i love the way there relationship is, its great they seem to love each other very much. michael has take a chance with her and i hope she doesnt end up hurting him!!
cant wait for more
update soon :D

Back