Puzzle Map Under Construction

Orthuss

Cadet
Hello, I remember HG suggested this in some topic before. Anyways, what I am planning to do is a small puzzle map, where a puzzle (or multiple puzzles) is/are suggested by each one of the members of this forum. This also includes ideas on how the puzzle map will work. I guess some puzzles could be similar to EscapeCraft, while some could be similar to fireb0rn's Labyrinth. But please be a little bit original, lols.

Suggestions that don't work:

"Make a jumps over lava lololol"

"zombie apocalypse"

"Needs more redstone problems"

"Go to the nether"

Suggestions that work:

"Make a jumps over lava level, but give the player several blocks of dirt he can place to help him with 'impossible' jumps."

"You should make a level where zombies attack you from a monster spawner, and you can't reach the monster spawner itself, but you are given some fences in a hidden chest to fence the zombies off."

"Here's an idea. Have a redstone puzzle. The twist is, of 6 possible redstone wires, 3 open the first door, and 2 of those open the second door. But only one opens all 3 doors. The others lead to TNT. You can only inspect redstone wiring behind a door if this said door is open, and so you have to travel back and forth constantly."

"There should be a prebuilt nether portal somewhere, but it's missing an Obsidian block. You have to solve a few puzzles to get to the block, and a few other puzzles to get to the flint and steel. Then, fix and activate the portal, which will send you to the nether & take you to another portal which leads to the last levels."

Get the idea?
<
Start suggesting! You will, of course, be given credit for the puzzles you suggest. Be creative!

Ooh, I do think I know a way to incorporate redstone into this thing. Know these new repeater blocks? I know just the right puzzle you could do with them.

Ooh, I do think I know a way to incorporate redstone into this thing. Know these new repeater blocks? I know just the right puzzle you could do with them.

Choose the right timing OR DIE :3

Make it have several repeaters, and let the player be able to set the timing on some or all of them. Add a button that can be pressed when finished with setting the repeaters, if every single repeater is set right, a door opens, otherwise the player gets blown up by TNT

Edit: and of course it can be done right without guessing by examining the circuit. It wouldn't be easy though.

Back