Quadruple Review

Paradox

Cadet
Right around Christmas is the most costly time period for gamers and this year has been particularly damaging to all of our wallets so i have created a mega review for four games: Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2, Fable III, Fallout: New Vegas, and Call of Duty: Black Ops. My plan is too save you guys $120 by suggesting two games and leaving two games for later this year.

I will start with the weakest of the four, The Force Unleashed 2. I would like to start by saying this game is beautiful and i really mean that. Every aspect of the graphics in this game is amazing and i simply can't get enough of it. The detail in the cut scenes is something i have not seen since Halo Wars and the rain effects are the best i have seen ever. The voice acting is also top notch (except for one line which makes me cringe). But what do you all care about that stuff you care about game play and story. the game play is vastly improved from the last game and it seemed to flow much better. Saber attacks were more important and force powers ramped up, on top of that the combos have been simplified and a new Force Fury mode added. The story on the other hand is lacking. in what seems like a tacked on form of non-canon DLC the story fails to truly move the story along. The ending was anti-climactic and i am extremely disappointed. in shory TFU2 succeeded in improving the core gameplay but what would Star Wars be without a good story.

Next is Fable III and since you guys probably don't wanna read my multitudes of opinions regarding this game i will keep it simple. Fable III is better that Fable II the overall combat has been much improved and the ability to manage your real estate from the "pause menu" is a great addition. Speaking of the pause menu did i mention it does not exist, instead we are given the Sanctum which is a great way to keep you in the action of the game and streamline inventory. But Fable III really shines when you take the throne and have to make REALLY REALLY TOUGH DECISIONS. Without ruining the story i will give you an example of said decisions that need to be made: Kill kittens and feed orphan children or let kittens live and orphans go hungry. These type of choices decide your overall standing among the people and the condition of your ever important treasury. Fable III story delivers and keeps you in a state of panic toward the end of the game.

Personally i loved Fallout 3. Exploring the Capital Wasteland was the most fun i had had in a game since Halo:CE and with that in mind the bar was set pretty high for New Vegas. New Vegas opens up with you getting shot in the head and waking up in a doctors office from where you design you character, distribute skill points ect... Soon after i was given a rifle, a pistol, and a pipboy and am told to head to a nearby military base/town. From here you are truly aware you are playing a fallout game. You travel town to town fighting people and getting quests in the ever fun system that we know and love. Graphically its the same game and i see little effort to improve the already semi-dated graphics. Another issue was bugs, my game crashed 5+ times and has ruined 3 vital missions for me (it spawned a character i have to talk to on top of an unclimbable mountain......FML). The mojave wasteland also lacks that feeling of "OMG" that we got from the capital wasteland and feels waaaaaaaaay too civilized for me. Ultimatly the game is good even with the mojave wateland but those damned bugs ruined it for me and i would have to pass on this one until the patches are released.

Finally we get to Call of Duty: Black Ops and let me tell you this game is impressive on all fronts. In what i believe to be the Best Campaign in a Call of Duty game yet we follow Alex Mason a black ops soldier who must search through his memories in this well crafted and action packed story, seriously though who buys call of duty for campaign and let me tell you Black Ops multiplayer surpasses MW2 on many levels. For starters stopping power has finally been removed so for first time choosing you perks holds meaning. Secondly Treyarch has ditched the concept of unlocking things as you rank up and instead allows you to buy your upgrades for COD points earned in each match. these points allow you to buy everything from weapon attachments to you extremly customizable emblem and help to refine the already customizable game. Another feature worth meantioning is Nazi Zombies but as you all know it is phenominal and needs no description. This game is hard to rate like the games above so i will compare it to other COD games. On the down side snipers still piss me off and RC XDS are overpowered.

Is it better that COD:WAW.......Yes, Treyarch has vastly improved their line of games and has taken the helm for lead designer of the COD franchise

Is it better that MW2...........Yes, Treyarch has already patched several glitches and have an inner game system for banning unruly players on top of streamlining the multiplayer and making the best campaign yet,

Is it better that COD4.........No, COD4 is by far the best game of the series and is a nearly perfect game

is it better than Halo: Reach......Maybe, in matchmaking COD wins for its great ranking up and fun new wager matches. In campaign Halo for obvious reasons. Halo also has somewhat of an edge because if forge but because matchmaking is what most gamers go back to in am game it is a tie

Basically if you are limited to two games get Fable and Black Ops.

*bleeps bloop* Achievement Unlocked

_Scholar_

Read all of Paradox's review...even the poorly written parts.

I love how the two games you gave a good review for are 1 black ops the one i have and 2 fable 3, the one i've been having a hard time deciding to buy it

Back