Movies 'Quatermass' reboot in works

screenersam

This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!
‘Quatermass’ Movie In Works From Legendary, Hammer & ‘Night Manager’ Scribe David Farr

"David Farr, who penned the script for The Night Manager and the sci-fi pic Hanna, is adapting. Hammer’s Simon Oakes (The Woman in Black, The Lodge) is producing. Jon Silk and Jay Ashenfelter will oversee production for Legendary.

The character Professor Bernard Quatermass is a rocket scientist originally created by writer Nigel Kneale, As a pioneering force of the British space program, he encounters terrifying extra-terrestrial lifeforms and must draw from science to save humanity. He appeared in a 1950s BBC series and in three Hammer Film movies in the mid-’50s and -’60s including the 1967 pic Quatermass and the Pit (known as Five Million Years to Earth in the U.S.). Andrew Keir played the lead role."

hope it can recreate the style and intelligence of the originals

Personally, I hope Legendary does it the much deserved justice it warrants.
I've a feeling it will.
Legendary has been pretty good at making things better,

Some peple will try to argue that a big budget production loses some of its 'charm' but I think a better movie is flat out a better movie.
Look at Godzilla.
So far, from what I have seen. Legendary has had high production standards in nearly every film I have seen.
Its the fact that Legendary is associated that makes me want to see this even more.
I'm really curious what they will do with the source material.
Someone has their shidt together at Legendary.

Back