Question regarding fights.

Stilts

Cadet
I don't know if this has been asked already, and I'm sorry if it has. Does anyone know whether or not heroes journey will be following a tank/healer/dps situation where basically the fight consists of a tank taking hits from the mob, healers healing the tank, and dps doing damage?

Really I hope its not this way because I view this as a pretty simple way to fight and shows that our enemies have no intelligence whatsoever. Why should a mob sit there and bang on the tank who never seems to die? Whats more threatening, a turtle sitting infront of you blocking your way, or the healer keeping the turtle allive, or the wizard/ranger/rogue you name it wailing on you as you sit there and attack this armored fella infront of you.

-Lurker stilts

Game play has shown that the mobs have a good deal of AI and that the environment (including spell effects) will break up the typical MMO fighting. But yeah, it's point click and eat away at hp otherwise.

From what I understand, the enemies will use some degree of strategy, but you also have many options regarding how to fight. For example, you can use the environment to your advantage. Dragon coming at you through a mountain pass? Bring some high rocks down on its head. Enemy troops wading through a river? Cast a fire spell and boil them alive. There are likely to be a lot of options there, and they could potentially make rangers and casters vital to combat.

There are also team attacks. Say you're fighting a tall enemy. You can strike at his chest for regular damage, or you can jump off the back of a kneeling friend and slash his face for MASSIVE damage. You would want a damage dealer to deliver the blow, but that would mean getting as close as a tank would.

In addition to all this, there's dual classing. You can build a fighter/tank to take damage as well as you deal it, or a caster/stealther for magical sniping, or a support/ranger to debuff enemies and deal massive damage from afar, or even a necro/healer to send zombies at enemies and detonate them with Corpse Bomb. The options are virtually limitless.

So to answer your question, the possibilities for combat tactics are actually very diverse. No worries.

P.S. ~ Congrats on your first post!

Plus there's no option to really pure class so everyone will be everything!

Tho I do think quad classing or open classing would make more sense.

...What'd I do?

As Al's right testicle, I find it offensive that you would rub Zink's escape in my face, especially since he double-crossed me and made off with the relic after stabbing me in the back with the Dagger of K'resh. I would have died if not for Spirit of the Ruins... Al is a very strange man.

Back