Question--why maiden name [ed]

I just thought of something.... How come Vaughn's wife name is Lauren Reed? Shouldn't her last name be Vaughn now that she's married? Any explanations or thoughts?

I just think it's funny... no real emergency here ^_^

A lot of people do keep their names these days. Especially in a work environment, you will find a lot of people keep their names, even if they use their husband's name in other situations.

Nah. It's almost getting to the point where I'm shocked when the wife does take her husband's name. And I could see her wanting to keep her name for professional reasons.

She has an "important" family name, being Sen Reed's daughter, so that may be a reason to keep her name. (moving to char forum)
;)

My aunt kept her name because she wanted to. I think it was about independance, or something. On her child they hypenated the last name.

My cousin kept her last name for business reasons.

This is a bit off-topic, but unless you did that on purpose, how come her last name is edited out of the subtitle when the category is Lauren Reed, anyway?

I didn't edit her name out of the title. The title was "Question" but I thought it might be helpful if it were a little more specific than that--and I didn't change the subtitle at all.
;)

verdantheart said:
She has an "important" family name, being Sen Reed's daughter, so that may be a reason to keep her name.
;)
Yeah, this is what I think the reason is...dang it Verdantheart! You always make the good point before I do :lol: .

Back