Questionnaire

Recently I have been collecting my thoughts, and with a lot of time on my hands I have been thinking of making a book, a small one at least. To do this I have been thinking of collecting some data, ingame and through the fourms with some simple questions. If you dont want to answer any, I undestand and it is not madatory. Thank You

Does a MMORPG gaming addiction exist?
Would you consider yourself an addict?
How many hours a day do you play?
Which age group do you belong to (under 18, 19-25, 26-30, 35 +) ?
What type of player would you consider yourself, Casual, Role-Playing, or Harcore gamer?
What is your estimate of the population in the MMORPG gaming world?
What is the number one problem in the MMORPG industry today?

Are you looking at gaming in general or just MMOs? Such as, do I believe there's a video game addiction in general or a MMORPG addiction?

Does a MMORPG gaming addiction exist? Yes.
Would you consider yourself an addict? Not any more.
How many hours a day do you play? Less than 2 now.
Which age group do you belong to (under 18, 19-25, 26-30, 35 +) ? 26-30
What type of player would you consider yourself, Casual, Role-Playing, or Harcore gamer? Mood driven.
What is your estimate of the population in the MMORPG gaming world? 40 million worldwide
What is the number one problem in the MMORPG industry today? Every company thinks they can make the next big MMO, rather than just making a good game.

Would you consider yourself an addict? I was, but not any more.
How many hours a day do you play? None. (I quit cold turkey)
Which age group do you belong to (under 18, 19-25, 26-30, 35 +) ? 19-25
What type of player would you consider yourself, Casual, Role-Playing, or Harcore gamer? None of the above. Variable depending on mood and game.
What is your estimate of the population in the MMORPG gaming world? I honestly have no clue.
What is the number one problem in the MMORPG industry today? The popularity of the genre. It's like the movie industry- instead of a few really good quality flicks like in the past, now the screens are filled with massive amounts of worthless junk and occasionally something worthwhile. In game terms, this means lots of people playing lots of worthless games, undermining focus and effort on any really good projects.

Does a MMORPG gaming addiction exist? No
Would you consider yourself an addict? No
How many hours a day do you play? Zero until something as good as the old SWG comes out...
Which age group do you belong to (under 18, 19-25, 26-30, 35 +) ? I'm 17, but I'll be 18 in just a couple months.
What type of player would you consider yourself, Casual, Role-Playing, or Harcore gamer? Casual Role-Player. :D
What is your estimate of the population in the MMORPG gaming world? Uh... Lots?
What is the number one problem in the MMORPG industry today? No good games, lots of idiotic players trying to keep it that way.

Would you consider yourself an addict? No.
How many hours a day do you play? 0-3
Which age group do you belong to (under 18, 19-25, 26-30, 35 +) ? under 18
What type of player would you consider yourself, Casual, Role-Playing, or Harcore gamer? Casual/RPing
What is your estimate of the population in the MMORPG gaming world? If you mean the # of people who play, billions.
What is the number one problem in the MMORPG industry today? Laziness.

Back