• By Nothing

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Tom

An Old Friend
Why would ETs be the same size as us?
Why would ETs be interested in us?
Why would ETs try to hide from us?

Would you send your FTL ship into a planets gravitational well?

Why would ETs think like us?

Instead of ET think TimeTravellers from a Future Earth.
That would explain more about this behaviour

It would also explain abductions and sporatic sightings

If it is on the ground is it still considered a UFO?

FET = Future Earth Traveller
UTS = Unidentified Time Ship

Dozens in Texas Town Report Seeing UFO

STEPHENVILLE, Texas (AP)​

Several dozen people — including a pilot, county constable and business owners — insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."

it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane.​

the object's lights changed configuration​

very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.​

federal officials insist there's a logical explanation​

The Air Force no longer investigates UFOs.​

i voted something else. though i do believe there is at least one other intelligent culture out there somewhere, whether they have the capabilities to travel into space or not is another question. i do agree with kevin though. the chances of another culture finding us is about as slim as us finding them; the proverbial needle in the haystack.

anyways. i base my answer on what i believe. i belive it is ourselves watching us. the hype, fears, threats of invasion, the excuses to hold back space exploration till now all to me reek of our own societies fears of the unknown.

Here is some thoughts I wrote on the recent sighting

Why would a being that evolved on a different planet, moon, asteroid or nebula 'think' the way we do?
Space is so vast that it could be possible but extremely unlikely.
What would make us think that such beings had independent will and are not acting upon an instinct that we could never fathom.
If aliens exist that can travel FTL safely, It would be a good guess to say that there must be a region of space somewhere that is populated and dense with life. That dense population of life and the emmissions of its technology would be a spotlight to their location. The expansion of their civilization would be a radiant or a lopsided radiant out from their origin. As they expand they would leave a trail of perturbed areas in the space they inhabit. They would be preceeded by a wave of protons and we monitor protons densities in space(Search 'Space Weather'). Movement also causes heat, or is heat???, but the movement thru space would cause a warm spot to trail them. We measure that too(We take pictures of heat).

If a true alien were standing in front of you what makes you think you would recognize it? There are animals and plants on the planet that are difficult to recognize as life and they share our planet with us. Why would they develop bi-lateral symmentry? Our planet's size is small compared to what we have so far detected but even if the being evolved on a similar sized planet or moon, would the composition be the same? Ok, squashed or elongated why would they have two arms, legs, eyes, ears, front facing eyes, etc.? Do you think an alien would recognize love, hate, compassion?
Aside from that, would they be curious? Curiosity drive the human to ask 'what if'. Would they ask or could they meerly be acting upon a natural reaction to lets say...expand.
Lets say theuy have rational thought. Our rational thought is based upon learned results of our experience of life on our planet under these circumstances.
Unidentified encounters may very well be with ourselves from a distant future. Perhaps they are seeking to reseed the genetic chain or they need a workforce with our strengths.

The typical alien has a big head, big eyes, little mouth and little if any ear holes. They have a neck, shoulders, torso, legs, arms, hands and feet.
There are two appendages and they have these things in the same places as we do.
They are reported as abducting us for tracking, sampling, breeding and removing. They are reported as communicating, building ships, needing lights on their ships, using electricity, breathing our air and occassionally having an accident. They leave a corpse when they die and they die. What if our planet had been struck by a dinosaur killer comet in our future and mankind survives? The light would be blocked, temperatures would drop, the gene pool would be bottlenecked, underground cities would be loud and food would be scarse. If technology survived with us and continued to increase in complexity robotics could provide the much needed labor, the human body, cramped for space, out of sunlight and roboticly lazied might fall frail and how many generations in a confined species does it take to make an evolutionary change? Big eyes and the need for lights suggest low light levels. Frail bodies and high technology suggest low physical exercise and a poor diet and so on.
The encounters as reported over the last 70 years suggest to me they are time travellers from our future.

Don't tell me time travel is impossible either. A hundred years ago we thought the speed barrier to be unreachable. We have been wrong...ALOT

Lunch is over - talk to ya all t'nite

F1CF9EF0-3382-4475-99B3-261BBED83C62.jpg

Alien?

Nope

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The spirula squid's body contains a spiral shell in its back. This shell helps the squid move through the water with its head pointing down. The spirula squid is able to draw its head, arms and tentacles into its body. Sometimes you can find a spiral shell washed up on the beach.

Here are some more
[/FONT]

Those pictures are amazing - If something as alien looking as that 'Loosejaw' could evolve on Earth then I think it shows we stand little chance of guessing right about what might come from outer space.

Good fum trying though (y)

Its amazing some of the creatures they are now finding that were unknown before our current technology level. AND we have only just begun exploring the deep oceans.

I certainly think that there is intelligent life out there, and I'm completely behind SETI and sending probes, I just think the chances of us finding each other is extremly slim.

What does everyone think about the idea that we should try and keep quiet and not give our location in space away???

If we are any example, as soon as we discover a new species it becomes endangered, we either nick its habitat or slap it between two slices of bread and eat it.

I'd like to think that ET is vegetarian, but then who knows?

time travel is impossible. you cant alter the past and you cant disrupt the future. simple as that.
It all depends on your definition of time travel. It has yet to be seen whether somebody traveling near the speed of light will experience time slower than everybody else as has been theorized.

Back