Votes: 5 25.0%
  • By Time Travellers of Earth's Future

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • By Something Else - Post

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • By Nothing

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
My concern is......if or when they were to land on earth in search of intelligent life would they consider us intelligent? Or would we be considered an animal, or lower, life form to them? Would they even be willing to attempt to communicate with such creatures?

My concern is...... would we be considered an animal, or lower, life form to them?

The more I think about it - the more pessimistic I feel. In every single encounter on our world EVERY SINGLE ENCOUNTER the more advanced civilisation has subjugated and exploited the less advanced race.

Perhaps our wars and squabbles that we have on our planet are actually a survival mechanism, keeping our species sharp so we are advanced and ready to take on any aggressor from outside our environment.

I suppose that you could say that we are a bad example but we are the only example we have. But imagining that any ET visitors are friendly could be a mistake of optimism over experience.........

... But imagining that any ET visitors are friendly could be a mistake of optimism over experience.........
To serve man could be mean many different things. ;)

review_kanamit_3.jpg

I think the main problem is from the astronomers point of view. Our corner of our galaxy is so sparcely populated by stars and therefore planets that we could get easily overlooked when star faring communities decide to go looking for us, as they will be looking into densely populated areas first.

But I have one insight into intelligent species that I am looking into in my English degree regarding communication. If a species relies on oral communication then they must have vocal chords, lungs, a voicebox, a pallette (mouth structure) that enables the species to make sounds that make up spoken language. I learn how a human being uses these parts of the body to speak and so my understanding and ability to write about alien beings communicating must surely benefit.

Of course, theoretically there will be beings relying on telepathy, touch, smell and maybe 'song' (the whole question about whale song, rather than common language)

So, the appearance of an alien, if we disregard the need for tool using appendages) can be any form really, with oral communication requiring internal physical organs and structure for communication not really having that much effect on external appearance past a moving mouth structure containing the pallette making different sounds.

I chose something else because the choice of time travelling aliens wasn't available. Anyone able to traverse light years of space are time travelers. Also...time travel is possible...A to B, B to A, A to Z then back to B is all possible when you dare to step outside linear thought. We are all time travelers, we just know how to go forward...but maybe we are going backward and thats just what we are used to??????

Perhaps I should declare a vested interest here as this is part of the very subject of the HUNTRESS trilogy....

The carnivorous Aliens in HUNTRESS are shipping meat back to their homeworld as a delicacy for the more exclusive, upper class corner of the market. They're not even equipped properly and are more like a version of Tesco or Walmart or McDonalds, exploiting us as cattle.

They still still manage to conquer us easily though.

My guess is nothing is visiting us...unless Einstein was wrong and we can travel faster than the speed of light.

Einstein was an idiot. Sub light travel is possible and in fact is quite easily accomplished....speed limits were made to be broken.

Why would ETs be the same size as us?

Wouldn't their size, and appearance be determined by factors on their planet and evolutionary factors? They could be larger, smaller or the same size. As for physical appearance I think there would be no end to the permatations possible. I would imagine something similar to an opposable thumb would be necessary though?
Why would ETs be interested in us?
Maybe we taste nice?

Why would ETs try to hide from us?
Maybe they taste nice?

Would you send your FTL ship into a planets gravitational well?
If they have the energy required to produce a FTL ship I doubt a bit of gravity is going to be a problem.

Why would ETs think like us?
Who says we all think alike? I have no idea what planet my wife is from........

Instead of ET think TimeTravellers from a Future Earth.
That would explain more about this behaviour
What behaviour? Do you mean sightings and abductions, etc? I would say psychiatry can explain them a lot better.

It would also explain abductions and sporatic sightings
See above.

If it is on the ground is it still considered a UFO?
I think if it has landed after flying it is.

Who thinks there are E.T.'s posting on this forum... to throw us off their tails ?

Oh no... it's MEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said Time Travellers. I think that there might be other intelligent life forms out there, but the Doctor is still the awesomest in my mind!

Who is to say that the time travelers from the future are all from our planet or human? Other worlds would or could have similar technologies that allow such capabilities. Who knows, some may be even more advanced beings than are others. Each travels within the limits of their advancement for none can go beyond that, that they are not aware of or not prepared for.

All universal beings is a more correct guess at those who secretly visit Earth in the past, present or future. Any culture or race human or alien otherwise that gets advanced enough to time travel could go forward or backward in time within the known time spectrum and travel would only be limited to those capable of such travel. The biggest part of such travel would be mapping out the limits of past, present or future from the start point of the current time of the time traveler human, alien or other.

That's really complicated. Too complex for me to understand, I'm afraid!! I see what you're saying though, about not only humans being time-travellers. Take the Doctor for instance. He's not human, and he's from Gallifrey, not Earth. Yeah, yeah, I know he doesn't exist, and Time Lords aren't real. But you never know, there might be others out there...

ALIENS-180.jpg

Some may be, while others are not.

1. Because we're different than they are.
2. They're curious about our advancements in space travel, weapons, current technology, perhaps even our individual personal interests.
3. They may need our planet's resources, like minerals, food and fresh water.
4. Maybe our bodies are simular to theirs

1. They may feel we're not ready for contact yet
2. They may being doing experiments on our planet and they don't want to be bothered by our curiousity
3. Some may be up to no good
4. Some may feel they might scare us and don't want to make enemies
5. Some might be shy or frail and may think we might harm them
6. Some may treat our planet like an oasis and replenish food and water, then leave.

Would you send your FET ship into a planets gravitational well?
I don't know.

Perhaps not, they may have been studying us for a long time, therefore understanding our languages, cultures and habits.

It may be possible some beings coming here are from another time or dimension, maybe from another time and dimension.

It would also explain abductions and sporatic sightings
Curiousity, experimentation, information or even making contact with us slowly so we don't freak-out when they make themselves known.

No, because it's not flying. But it could be an unidentified object if you still can't make out what it is clearly. For example, it may be a glowing or illuminated space craft so you couldn't make out it's shape and definition.

FET = Future Earth Traveller
UTS = Unidentified Time Ship

I vote by extraterrestrial beings because if we have been visited by anything outside our world or time the most logical thing would probably be ET.

I think that ETs probably come in all shapes and sizes. I have a point of view about aliens, imagine the most radically shaped alien you can and then think that the real ones are probably alot more radically shaped.

I can imagine numerous reasons, from wanting to make peaceful contact to wanting to wipe us off the face of the Earth and taking over the planet afterwards. Take you pick.

If they are technologically advanced to travel to our planet why would they hide, unless they've visited already and some government is hiding them from us.

Would you send your FTL ship into a planets gravitational well?

Don't know never had an FTL ship.

Probably not.

Maybe but if we had seen them couldn't they just alter time so we wouldn't have seen them.

It would also explain abductions and sporatic sightings.

No it wouldn't because why would they abduct humans if they are humans, that is unless they need our genes to treat an uncurable disease in the future. The sighting are probably people who want some attention or were kidnapped by some government organisation for experimentation.

Only if it had been flying around before it landed.

time travel is impossible. you cant alter the past and you cant disrupt the future. simple as that.

Time travel is impossible but I always say nothing is impossible it just might not be possible now.

and also the phsyics of it are impossible. its nice to dream of it but it will never happen.

Physics is constantly changing as new things are discovered, evolution is a constant and not only to physical evolution but scientific as well.

My guess is nothing is visiting us...unless Einstein was wrong and we can travel faster than the speed of light.

There may be another forms of travel that bypasses the speed of light issue and is ultimately faster.

A most likely other possibility is the invention eventually of a teleporter that transfers matter from point a to point b instantly. Then in time where advancement in capabilities are possible a form of teleporter that can be dialed to other space time destinations and thus traveling through time. in the early stages of such a device there would have to be a sending unit and a receiving unit to know the address change from point a to point b.

Later on both the sending unit and receiving unit are built into one device by dialing addresses by using numerical addresses to go to each point desired.

Mapping numerically is the answer to finding new destinations numerically beyond the space time continuum and mapping new destinations as they are discovered. One must have a map in order to know how to get from point a to point b and even point c.

The possibilities are only limited be the limits of the mind. What is fiction usually becomes fact of science at some point. Things past prove that concept.

I would also assume with any race capable of time travel there would have to be rules such as a prime directive to not interfere in any past race development so that a space time paradox is not created.

In other words any change made in the past would change their current world and destroy the world they traveled from. Responsibility is given to those ready for such obligations to not interfere with the natural or normal development of any time or culture.

Edited: Continued

Ships could be used for exploration of unknown addresses because they would offer protection from possible environment and also offer the travelers a custom temperature and atmosphere so as to protect all travelers exploring new unmapped addresses to find safe locations and worlds to put on the known map of dialed space-time travel.

Even though I said time travel could be possible in the future I think that if mankind starts to travel in time then we'll probably end up wiping humanity out of time.

Time travel is a possibility (in the future) but I don't think it should be messed with.

Even though I said time travel could be possible in the future I think that if mankind starts to travel in time then we'll probably end up wiping humanity out of time.

Time travel is a possibility (in the future) but I don't think it should be messed with.

Your right. Those given the responsibility to time travel would have to insure to and agree not to change anything in any time frame as the results of so doing would cause a time paradox that would change what was into something else. So each traveler would have to agree to never change anything in any time frame visited. That would be prime directive number one amongst many other do's and dont's.

Back