Questions for Simu Dev's

Jaraeth

Cadet
OK, please pay attention here... HJ-Cinnamon has offered to answer some questions about HJ and she will *try* to get us, the moderators, answers. This means, some questions may not be answerable, either due to Simu not having the idea fully worked out yet, or they may want to keep that aspect of the game under wraps for a while longer.

Cinnamon, is one person. Cinnamon offered out of the kindness of her heart, and I piped up that I'm willing to do the question gathering (other mods, of course may do so as well). I will send Cinnamon an email with all the questions I've received here once a week, and then build up more questions for the next, until she asks me to stop flooding her inbox. That said, and to start this off I request the following:

1. Think you're questions through thoroughly. Try to use Hero's Hall, the HJ FAQ's website (I have the link somewhere, I'll post here when I find it), and Play.net's website for answers first. If you can't find the answer, and you have thoroughly thought it out....

2. Think how you're question is going to be phrased. I will cut & paste, so make sure it sounds good, and is too the point. Vague questions often get vague responses ;)

3. Use this topic to post your questions only. Don't post "You're questions stink" or some such... just post the questions for HJ Dev's and Simu Staff.

4. Neither I, another Mod, Frosty or any HJ or Simu Staff member will guarantee your questions will get answered. We, the mods, will however, pass them along, if they are legitimate questions geared towards HJ.

I feel this would be best, as she can get the "official" answer, if there is one to be found. Submitting one email at a time, rather than 40 thousand from all of the Hero's Hall membership, Simu is spared a little bit and allowed to concentrate on one long list of questions in an organized manner, rather than a flood of good questions that most of us may never read or think of.

We'll post the responses in our articles page, which, when we get responses, we will let you know where to read them in all their glory ;)

Begin your posts... I'll start:

~ Jaraeth

1a. Are guild levels still planned on being used?

1b. If yes, will this anything like EQ2 where your guild has to keep doing "writs" (guild quests) in order to maintain their guild level, or else they drop in rank, and all benefits previously bestowed disappear?

2a. Is the highest level guild, that is aligned to a particular faction, the leader of that faction?

2b. If the faction in power (example: Kinnaes) is in power within the Triumvirate, will the highest level guild belonging to that faction, also be the leader, or have some control of the Triumvirate?

2c. If level does not determine who rules the Triumvirate, what does?

3. Is questing the only way to raise a guild level?

4. Lastly, has it been determined yet, as to what character level, amount of money, # of people with you, that you must have to create a clan? a guild?

~ Jaraeth

1. Will there be “Raiding” in HJ?
For clarification, Raiding: The act of spending several hours clearing a dungeon with the single goal of attacking a single “boss” and “minions” with several groups of players with idea of regularly “farming” said “boss” for very high end, extremely low drop rate Wyr that give a significant advantage to the wearer. This does not include one time quest related, or server wide GM-driven events.

1a. if there is Raiding, will it be:

A. the sole activity for capped characters.
B. 1 of a very few important activities for capped players.
C. Available, but not a focus for capped players.
D. Available, but practically unsupported.

Not sure why people use the unofficial faq site, it's majorly outdated and rarely sees an update. That's the problem with wiki scripts, it relies on fans to spend free time updating all possible entries.

Originally posted by Seeria@Jun 15 2006, 12:43 PM
Not sure why people use the unofficial faq site, it's majorly outdated and rarely sees an update. That's the problem with wiki scripts, it relies on fans to spend free time updating all possible entries.
The unofficial faq is the largest place to find answers to questions quickly and easily.

It does need an update pretty badly, but it still has a lot of very useful answers.

When can we expect to hear/see more of the lore surrounding Hero's Journey?

Specifically lore based on the classes, passed hero's/villains and various factions.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana+Jun 15 2006, 05:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HJ-Diviana @ Jun 15 2006, 05:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Seeria@Jun 15 2006, 12:43 PM
The unofficial faq is the largest place to find answers to questions quickly and easily.

It does need an update pretty badly, but it still has a lot of very useful answers. [/b][/quote]
hehe and some answers that are out of date and are considered incorrect. :P

Edit: Considered incorrect now. :P

Originally posted by HJ-Zee+Jun 15 2006, 10:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HJ-Zee @ Jun 15 2006, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Jun 15 2006, 05:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Seeria
@Jun 15 2006, 12:43 PM

It does need an update pretty badly, but it still has a lot of very useful answers.
hehe and some answers that are out of date and are not considered incorrect. :P [/b][/quote]
I'm just going to kinda assume you meant, "are considered incorrect".

I'm sure there are. I mean, come on, next week the game will be called "Hero's Travels"

(I'm just kidding, but things do change quite a bit)

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana+Jun 15 2006, 07:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HJ-Diviana @ Jun 15 2006, 07:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by HJ-Zee@Jun 15 2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Jun 15 2006, 05:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Seeria
@Jun 15 2006, 12:43 PM

hehe and some answers that are out of date and are not considered incorrect. :P
I'm just going to kinda assume you meant, "are considered incorrect".

I'm sure there are. I mean, come on, next week the game will be called "Hero's Travels"

(I'm just kidding, but things do change quite a bit) [/b][/quote]
That's a bit of the reason why I look forward to any answers we get here at Hero's Hall, from you Dev's directly via the forums, or from folks like Cinnamon who offered to make an attempt at answering questions. We'll post our own FAQ's I'm sure, as time progresses.

Being as active as we are, the admins & moderators of Hero's Hall are more than willing to edit a post, article, etc as Dev's deem it incorrect to the point of spreading false rumors. Speculation aside.

~ Jaraeth

1) Will there be a consumable alcohol that affects gameplay?

2) Will there be funny hats? (As in muskateer hats with the big plume, traditional wizards hats, etc.)

3) Will there be separate languages for each race and will other races be able to learn them?

4) Can we get a list of what the class combinations are called? (Please..?)

1. What type of in-game events will be sponsored? Will we see decorations for Halloween, and Christmas trees for Christmas? Will a pack of angry mobs attack a small caravan, and hero's will either have a chance to save it, or help destroy it?

2. What type of PvP will be implemented?

Originally posted by frostydf2@Jun 16 2006, 02:35 AM
1. What type of in-game events will be sponsored? Will we see decorations for Halloween, and Christmas trees for Christmas? Will a pack of angry mobs attack a small caravan, and hero's will either have a chance to save it, or help destroy it?

2. What type of PvP will be implemented?
I don't understand what sponsored means.

In our other games, we don't officially celebrate "real" holidays, because we're about roleplaying and things outside the game don't really exist to Elanthians. I don't know if this will change in HJ, but if it's like GS and DR, we probably won't.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Jun 16 2006, 09:11 AM
In our other games, we don't officially celebrate "real" holidays, because we're about roleplaying and things outside the game don't really exist to Elanthians. I don't know if this will change in HJ, but if it's like GS and DR, we probably won't.
These holidays used to be celebrated (in Dragonrealms), and it was a fun community exercise. There were lots of holiday-themed things given out and going on, like zombie turkeys invading on Thanksgiving.

Then the RP nazis rebelled against it, and most of the holiday love was removed.

In Dragonrealms Platinum last christmas we had a snowman, whom you could pester to give you temporary winter-themed titles like Snow General, etc. It was cool.

I think that little shoutouts to the major holidays in a game are great as a reminder that it's a game by people, for people, and is a great gesture to those who play during the holidays because they have no-one to celebrate with.

There will for sure be a gap seperating the players who want to raid instances and players who want to pvp. how is the HJ staff planning on catering to both types of player in terms of rewards - keeping in mind that a solid balance must be found in order to keep things fair.

Originally posted by crisisfox+Jun 16 2006, 05:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crisisfox @ Jun 16 2006, 05:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HJ-Diviana@Jun 16 2006, 09:11 AM
These holidays used to be celebrated (in Dragonrealms), and it was a fun community exercise. There were lots of holiday-themed things given out and going on, like zombie turkeys invading on Thanksgiving.

Then the RP nazis rebelled against it, and most of the holiday love was removed.

In Dragonrealms Platinum last christmas we had a snowman, whom you could pester to give you temporary winter-themed titles like Snow General, etc. It was cool.

I think that little shoutouts to the major holidays in a game are great as a reminder that it's a game by people, for people, and is a great gesture to those who play during the holidays because they have no-one to celebrate with. [/b][/quote]
The only major OOC thing I can remember was on Sept 11th, I came home from school, and there was an announcement saying that it would be okay to talk ooc for the day because of what happened.

-----------------------------------

First batch of questions have been sent out :smiley: Keep adding your questions and we'll send them out on the next batch, while waiting for Cinnamon to reply.

~ Jaraeth

Thanks again Jaraeth for putting this together. Hopefully all of these will help assure some peoples questions about Hero's Journey!

I think the question now deserve a spot in this thread.

Will HJ have tiered pricing like some of Simu´s other games?
And will there be "ticketed" events?
If tiered pricing, what kind of ingame content is planed to differ between the tiers?

Originally posted by Dyngo@Jun 24 2006, 08:18 PM
I think the question now deserve a spot in this thread.

Will HJ have tiered pricing like some of Simu´s other games?
And will there be "ticketed" events?
If tiered pricing, what kind of ingame content is planed to differ between the tiers?
I'll add it to the list of questions, though I'm fairly certain that they don't have an answer for that yet. Only when beta comes out will they start having answers for that.

~ Jaraeth

I guess they cant say how much they will charge us every month, as I think they plan that kind of things at a later date...

But if the plan different game content for the different accounts it needs to be "coded" and probably planed long before release. More so if they even plan to have a dedicated server for this.
So IF they plan tiered pricing, they will know allready, im pretty sure (perhaps not every detail about it)... but if they wanna answer is another question.

Back