Questions for Simu Dev's

:l

frostydf2 said:
Alright guys, be expecting a lot of these questions answered shortly.

Very shortly....

Ok, not tommorow shortly, but close!

*Enters Bill Lumbergh mode*

Uh...yeah..um, we're gonna need those replies today..so...if you could just change your schedule around...yeah...that'd be perfect....and...uh....lemme....just take that red stapler off your hands there...yeah...that's great....alright.....

Daax said:
*Enters Bill Lumbergh mode*

Uh...yeah..um, we're gonna need those replies today..so...if you could just change your schedule around...yeah...that'd be perfect....and...uh....lemme....just take that red stapler off your hands there...yeah...that's great....alright.....

Billy Bob says:

billybob.jpg

In my eyes, too long. I want info now... I want new forums on simu's site, I want someone to reply to the email I sent to Cinnamon about the "Questions for the Dev's" some many months ago... maybe I want too much and need to take up knitting or something to occupy my time... oh, that's why I'm playing WoW, nvm.

Nice quote in your sig there Thaos, lol.

I'm trying to get our interview out as fast as humanly possible. It's all on Simutronics when they decide to send it back to me.

As for Cinnamon, I truely do not believe that she is employed with Simutronics anymore. I don't know the reasons, but I think she disapeared.

Heh, that's a very polite way of saying Simu is dropping the ball when iit comes to PR, for those not into big words :smiley: Unreciprocated interdependence. Heh. I'm keeping that little gem filed away. ;)

Still waiting on a reply from Skippy on the questiosn I sent to him. usually he is really good at this kind of stuff, but lately he's been slackin'!

Well, in case someone gets back to answering these questions again, I have one on the overall game play:

What if, for example, I don't want to do a lot of adventuring. What if I wanted to specialize in Sword making for example (or another craft)? And I wanted to get my skill in that very high because I wanted to be a reknown member of the community for my skills, will this be possible? I've seen items that dance around this particular issue but it fits in with HJ being a community of people doing what they want and providing services exclusively.

if this is the case, can I specialize in as many areas as I want or are there limits?

They say that crafting (gather this and that, click create) will not be in HJ.

You can, however, change and modify your weapons with Wyr´s. Kinda like crystals put in sockets. And by that "craft" really unique and cool weapons. But as far as I know, you need to travel, fight, kill and quest your way through the game to get hold of these Wyrs. So Iguess our local blacksmith, Milamber, will be out of a job. In HJ, they only recruite hero´s.

This might have been addressed somewhere so if it has I do appologize. Still plowing through all the information.

Has a policy ben hinted at on the buying and selling of silvers/gold, uber items, characters and accounts with real life money?

History behind this question. Some folks will see this as a way to make income. Become the wealthiest folks in the lands. Why enjoy the game where I can rape the treasure system and have hundreds of millions of silvers/gold and buy all the best items. Sure there are bragging rights for having this and to each their own who pays X amount of dollars. With all this wealth I will then turn around on ebay or non official forums and sell these things for either in game money or real life money.

Next question. Multi Accounters. Has there been a hint on what will be done about this? This question is tied in with the first one. I do know folks in other games that will go out of their way to have atleast 2 accounts playing at the same time. This does set up an unfair advantage. You will see capped level zombies, hunting with the young characters in order to help speed up the leveling. If there are merchant events with limited tickets, someone with 6 accounts could get 6 tickets, even at $100 per ticket.

My personal view is if you are Multi Accounting, Roleplay stinks and you become obvious. Many times I have whispered to one character only to have the other player owned character answer. Cheapens the game in my view.

Scripting. I know this can be a big problem. AFK script hunting is illegal in Gemstone but it does happen. What measures are being done to help monitor this? I do know it is usually up to the player base to report it.

Being AFK? This is a game of Roleplay. You don't need to interact with everyone you meet but how disappointing is it when you come across a group of characters and they are all AFK. You speak to an empty room.

Thanks,

-alter ego of Zhelas-

Trillian said:
I just popped round to the Stratics site and saw they discontinued their Question of the Week as they couldn't get anyone from Simu to keep up with the questions to provide enough answers. So we're not the only ones having trouble getting any answers to questions.
Jeez, that was a real smackdown, even though it was worded in Stratics doublespeak.

Just began a thread in General Discussion called "Game Design vs. Player Culture." Be REALLY interested in what developers have to say about it.

Just what did the 'recent??' overhaul (character art? more maybe?) do to set back the game (Hero's Journey)? What about upcoming technology and it's support? Will the physics cards be supported? Dual core processors? The new generation of graphics cards? Direct X 10? Vista? I mean, with the model and probably animation changes.. What screen shots and videos that we've seen are even valid now? Has there even been internal testing of the game on various systems and platforms?

Have team attacks been affected? Clothing and weapon art as well? NPCs? Class animations? Pathing within the game? Level design? Racial traits or abilities?

I'll add.. Is the Nemesis system really a strong cog in the current testing and development of HJ? Or is it going to be added later with the expansion?

Is the expansion already titled.. "Hero's Journey: Content Finally!"

Just general things I'll be keeping an eye on more or less.
I'm doing the same to the Age of Conan guys too. LoL
I've been trying with Warhammer, but man.. MMO purists probably won't care for the classes or the attack and spell names.. But any of the miniture fans and folks with odd senses of humor will love it.

Back