Questions For the Devs

Seeria

Cadet
*waves wildly* Oooh ooh I've questions!!!! Yes, about guilds and all that fun stuff *bounces up and down* Oooh oooh!!

Sorry, moment of bizarre excitement. I've a few questions concerning guilds, clans, Triumvirate, factions, that I'd simply love (or sell my left foot for) to have answers to, please.

SimuSkip: So Great Houses are factions...obviously they'd work the same sorta way...guilds go on quests for the factions to gain them influence? ...or possibly rob other factions of influence?

Can you give us examples of what has to take place or be achieved in order to “rob other factions” of influence? From what Skippy has said, this “influence” must be a point system. Can you give more details?

SimuJhyrryl: Well, as you all may know from the website.... The ruling body of Elanthia, The Triumverate, is a council of the three factions. They regularly need to elect a new head guy. Great Houses have a dramatic influence in establishng which
faction is best fit. That in turns affects various gameplay mechanics. Which I won't go into right this moment. But the key is, significant impact on the world.

“They [Triumvirate] need to elect a new head guy.” (Jhyrryl) Exactly what do you mean by “guy?” Guy as in reference to a guild or as in a player?

SimuSkip: Right...so the guild empowers its members...by its members empowering it. With the guild leader at the helm. So, how do guilds level up. Questing. Guilds will have quests that are specific to them.

Is the highest level guild the leader of the Triumvirate? If level does not determine who rules the Triumvirate, what does?

Is questing the only way to raise a guild level?

1. Greathouses: There are only three, and they are the factions, ie: Kinnaes, Gearsmiths, & Arcane... correct?

2. Can you give us examples of what has to take place or be achieved in order to "rob other factions" of influence? From what Skippy has said, this "influence" must be a point system. Can you give more details?

3. "They [Triumvirate] need to elect a new head guy." (Jhyrryl) Exactly what do you mean by "guy?" Guy as in reference to a guild or as in a player? Do they lead the Triumvirate? And is the Triumvirate like a 4th faction per se, in that, guild & clans can join the Triumvirate rather than one of the other three?

Case in point, I hope to form a guild called Peacebringers. They'll align with the Nature side of things, perhaps, but would love to align with the Triumvirate in order to help maintain the peace, and allow members of any other faction to join their guild.

4. Are guild levels still being used? is this anything like EQ2 where your guild has to keep doing "writs" (guild quests) in order to maintain their guild level, or else they drop in rank, and all benefits disappear?
Is the highest level guild the leader of the Triumvirate? If level does not determine who rules the Triumvirate, what does? and is questing the only way to raise a guild level?

5. Lastly, has it been determined yet, as to what character level, amount of money, # of people with you, that you must have to create a clan? a guild?

HJ Razu:

1. Correct

2. Undecided at this point

3. The Triumvirate are the Three Factions. Every years or so leadership might change to one of the other two factions if they have the influence to make it happen.

4. I do not know the answer to this one.

5. I do not know the answer to this one.

Soooo... if I receive more responses. and am allowed to repeat what I'm told, I'll post 'em here. I expect others might want to pipe up... but I kind of have forgotten just what Razu's say is. If they're a dev with a high step, little more can or may be said. Of course, they know that I've spoken about this, and they may be holding back intentionally as they do with alot of things ;)

~ Jaraeth

lol Now that is pure evil. Being a lore freak, tell me ... does the Kingmaker really make decide which GUILD will run the faction it belongs to and there by the Trium?

Or

Just what is the lore and function of the Kingmaker tree?

Psssst!

I'm peeking.

Hi guys!

Sorry for my extended absence, but I've been getting some new things set up for HJ, one of them being a brand spanking new email address for you to har-uh reach me.

You may update your address books to HJ-Cinnamon@herocouncil.com. More details on new things to come, to follow.

In the mean time, Forum moderators, if you'll lump all of these questions into a bunch I'll see what I can do to get them answered on a weekly basis. No promises. I've gotten all pretty riled up already, lol. They may ground Cinnamon into a fine paste after this.

Your favorite Spice,

Cinnamon

Aw, Cirakin, I was gonna point that out. :(

;)

Anyways, in one interview (on MMORPG.com I think), said that the kingmaker is used to say which greathouse will rule for the next however long. Some believe it's random and others believe it can be influenced.

CINNAMON!!! <bows so fast he slams his head into the floor>

I'd be more than happy to lump questions for you into one nice pile :smiley:

<gets to work>

You heard her folks, get me questions, and I'll pass them on to Cinnamon.

~ Jaraeth

Btw, look for the Pinned topic in the General Discussion forum for the questions I will be obtaining and sending off to Cinnamon with pleasure. Let's not all flood Cinnamon with email ok? and keep it civilized in one form, which I'll be more than happy to send off her way for responses :smiley:

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by Darrt@Jun 14 2006, 09:45 PM
Aw, Cirakin, I was gonna point that out. :(

;)

Anyways, in one interview (on MMORPG.com I think), said that the kingmaker is used to say which greathouse will rule for the next however long. Some believe it's random and others believe it can be influenced.
So hard to know with lore in games. No game (mmorpgs at least) actually follows their lore 100% with game mechanics. Would love to see Hero's Journey change that.

Skippy replied to some of my questions that couldn't be answered prior:

4. is this anything like EQ2 where your guild has to keep doing "writs" (guild quests) in order to maintain their guild level, or else they drop in rank, and all benefits disappear?

No. Also, I'd like to point out that as a game designer, I find this one of the silliest ideas I've ever heard. Taking stuff away that has been earned can never be fun, so why put it in a game? :smiley:

5. Lastly, has it been determined yet, as to what character level, amount of money, # of people with you, that you must have to create a clan? a guild?

We have some preliminary numbers for level and number of founders required for each, but ultimately this will probably become solidified in beta.

Skippy

More questions answered :smiley: Have fun!

~ Jaraeth

Back