Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

questions

Discussion in 'Help Center' started by fledermaus, Dec 14, 2002.

1. fledermaus

fledermaus Rocket Ranger

hi! i'm a new recruit (obviously) and am still feeling my way around. questions:

- I tried to post while at the library, and it said i wasn't allowed. was there some kind of lock on those computers? I was afraid my name was broken
    - how do you get a signature? some people have little quotes at the end of there posts, in red or blue. how do i do that?
    - how do you get a pic on the left side of your post?
    - i'm posted as 'new recruit' but i've seen people with the same amt of bars that are 'columnists' or something. can you change your description?
    -how do you vote on a poll?
    -why are some things locked?
    - is there a way to watch the interactive alias where everybody has their own character? i mean just watch , not be in it, b.c i don't have enough time
    -what does it mean to enable emotions or your signature?

i appriciate your help! :xmas:

2. AliasALIAS

AliasALIAS Guest

Some computers don't allow osting. I'm not sure why, but it may have something to do with cookies.

You can have someone make one for you, if you don't know how to. Make a request in the Fan Media Forum. To put quotes, go to My Controls, Edit Signature, and there you can type whatever you want in your sig (there are some rule, see the Fan Media Forum).

Go to My Controls, Edit avatar settings, and there will be pre-made avatars. Or you can have someone make one for you.

The more you post, the higher the ranking you will have. (no useless posts, plese.)

You have to be registered to vote, which you are. Just click on the bubble next to the choice, then click vote.

There could be different reasons--no need for the thread anymore, duplicate thread, etc.

You can read and participate in the Anytime AI (Alias Interactive). For AI Live, right now, it is on hold, may be up again soon. You can read the old AI "episodes" at the arcive Forum.

I'm not sure, but I think That means having a smiley with the info on your post. (like mine right now, the exclamation mark)

And welcome to the AllAlias.com Forum ^_^ Enjoy

3. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

If you turn off smilies in your post, you will get :) not the normal thing you would get.

Some topics are locked that are "Featured Topics" because there is no need to discuss them. For example, episode summaries. Instead of posting in the Summary topic, you should post in the Reaction topic.

You also may not have responded to your email before trying to post the first time, so I would try again.

Some people have 'Columnist' as their member title because they are a columnist, meaning they write a weekly column for us.

4. fledermaus

fledermaus Rocket Ranger

thanks! :D

5. spysurfergrl247

spysurfergrl247 Rocket Ranger

How do i upload my own avatar?

6. AliasALIAS

AliasALIAS Guest

Go to 'My Contrtols', click 'Edit avatar settings', and under 'Upload my own avatar' click Browse and choose the file you want to upload.

7. spysurfergrl247

Thanx a million you guys are great!!! this is totally d best website of ALIAS!! oh and i have a nother question and don't worry this one is gonna be the last what does walk in meen you know under an avatar?
    :xmas:

8. g_woman711

g_woman711 Captain

What are the different titles available and when do you receive them? Is that what the little boxes are for under my avatar?

9. AliasALIAS

AliasALIAS Guest

Titles are a surprise. The title changes and the number of boxes (pips) increase with your post count.

10. Codename

Codename Rocket Ranger

I have had head stragist for a while I want a new one?
    Hey is there a way a certain post we can get a customized name I want Posting Magician back!

11. Tommy

Tommy Seeing A Ghost

The only way to get a custom member title, currently, is to win a contest.

There will be a fanfic contest starting in the next few days.

12. Codename

Codename Rocket Ranger

ooooo I hope I win..
    Or I could always just put Posting Magician in my sig, and have a regular user title fun of Alias!
    Thanks Tommy!

13. g_woman711

g_woman711 Captain

Cool! I guess I'll just keep posting and see what titles I earn.

14. spysurfergrl247

Lets say i want to insert a picture on a reply how do i do that if the picture is in My Pictures?Pleas help and Merry Christmas :santa:

15. AliasALIAS

AliasALIAS Guest

You can only upload needed files, mostly sigs, avs, and wps, art, etc. in the Fan Media forum.

Or to use a picture from the Web get the URL of the pic and put it in image tags like this:
    Code:
    [IMG]http://www.picture.com/picture.jpg[/IMG]
    And I see you're in the Christmas spirit. Merry Christmas. ^_^

16. spysurfergrl247

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you too :shamefullyembarrased: ,every day in christmas i hear christmas songs im listening to them now old ones!!! :santa:

17. the_alliance

the_alliance Rocket Ranger

umm, off topic?

anyways, i agree. i've found that uploading stuff can be a little hard sometimes too. but it's good to know that this thread is here.

18. spysurfergrl247

SORRY!! :santa: