Quests - The Hero's Journey

I'm not sure how many endings quests will have, and it really depends on the quests anyway.

What I -really- reallyreally want is some type of a feedback form that you can fill out (preferably default to off, with a toggle to turn it on) after each quest. That way we'll know which quests people like, what we could have done better (which we can always change anyway), and what you felt was missing. Then we can use those results to better tailor the quests, adjust things that don't make sense or aren't fun, and add more to them.

I don't know if we'll have something like that, but I feel that it would make a huge difference.

I'm not sure how many endings quests will have, and it really depends on the quests anyway.

What I -really- reallyreally want is some type of a feedback form that you can fill out (preferably default to off, with a toggle to turn it on) after each quest. That way we'll know which quests people like, what we could have done better (which we can always change anyway), and what you felt was missing. Then we can use those results to better tailor the quests, adjust things that don't make sense or aren't fun, and add more to them.

I don't know if we'll have something like that, but I feel that it would make a huge difference.

LoTRO beta has just that... except it is always on until you complete the quest (If you repeat with an alt, I don't think it pops up again)

It is a great idea, though. Make sure you forward it to 'the powers that be.'

:smiley: I think I've mentioned it a couple of times.

The reason I would have it default off is so it wouldn't interfere with gameplay/roleplay unless you wanted to do it. I feel it's more courteous than forcing them to.

Did you enjoy this quest? Yes or No*

*Diviana developed this quest, clicking No will result in permanent ban of account and deletion of characters. Tread softly.

I never really fully understood how guild would work in HJ, but something I really would like to see is guildquests. Quests only reachable for the guildmaster (or perhaps guild officers) and only guildmembers can be present. And, ofcourse, make it mean something for the guild (RP wise or game wise), so its not as making whatever quests with the guild.

Well since you do work on quests Div. I do have a question that I hope wouldn't break NDA. If it does, no worries.

The quests have multiple paths and endings and what not and that's cool. But will the Nemesis cog? Guild cog? Faction cogs be intergrated into the game enough so that even a quest you authored would play differently enough to even surprise yourself? Of is that even revealed to you guys?

BTW that's my last hope for HJ to be a worthwhile title. I don't care if they just pulled out a 5 class system and everyone gets the same gear at the same level like some Korean MMO at that point. If the story telling is there, I'm game to at least try it.

You know, it did...
Not.

Theres A quest in WoW called find me a shrubbery (coppyt cats)

There should be a MMOG made about The Holy Grail...

Class-specific quests and quests in which one can interact with one's environment almost always go over well.

Examples:

-A ranger-style quest to follow a set of footprints through the forest and find... ?
-A paladin-style quest to perform some religious ritual at a certain (server) time of day (at twilight, dawn, etc.)
-A rogue quest to sneak through an area and steal something without anyone noticing at all (i.e., without causing any aggro)
-A mage-style quest to freeze a bridgeless river in order to allow an important caravan to cross

Etc.

I just now read this thread from the beginning, and, while it sounds good, I'm really skeptical with all the "will be" talk going on. I really appreciate you taking the time to post here, Diviana, and I hope you enjoy posting as much as I [we] enjoy reading said posts, but I can't help being worried that this game will never leave the ground.

Sorry to derail the thread.

Personally, I'm with blur in the sandbox type. Sure, quests can be fun in guiding your character's actions, but I'm a fan of just going out and FINDING stuff to do without being told to do something.

Back