Quirky Flavah!

One of the interesting (and funny) things in gaming are the little quirks (bugs?) that can occur. For example:

In EQ2 I had a lvl 28 Ranger. If I shot my bow while running my ranger would assume his bow shooting stance and fire while still moving forward. I named it my 'Sliding Death Shot'. :lol:

Or, what i think is known as 'Clipping'(?), when your character or an NPC dies and half of the body is in the wall or a rock and you can't loot it. (LOL)

Just wondering what where/are some of you favorite (or worst) in game oddities that gave it that quirky flavah!

I once clipped into the wall of a hall in The Undercity in WOW and heard a splashing noise as if I was swimming.

In the Tribunal expansion for Morrowind I was down in the sewer trying to find a way to follow the crazy woman and slipped behind a pile of rocks. I ended up in an underground endless sea and spent close to an hour to see if I could find another gap.

my favorite was in WoW. i played a mage and if i jumped off of a tall building or off a zeppelin, just before i would hit the ground i could blink (teleport) and then be on the ground and suffer no falling damage.

Originally posted by MikeDold@Jun 29 2006, 11:32 PM
my favorite was in WoW. i played a mage and if i jumped off of a tall building or off a zeppelin, just before i would hit the ground i could blink (teleport) and then be on the ground and suffer no falling damage.
I remember those days.

Do you remember the insta-lag that caused you to blink too late and die? Stupid computers.

The one where the lag would make you blink backwards was my favorite: Running along... hit Blink... <button lag> keep running... then Blink goes off but you end up behind yourself. :blink:

Oh, also the time where our guild raid killed a boss while he was halfway up a wall... and only the Tauren players could loot him, since they were the only ones tall enough to reach him. Had to call a GM for that one. :rolleyes:

I cammped on a sewer grate in Qeynos Harbor on EQ2...when I logged back in my character was IN the sewer hole suspended in the falling motion. I couldn't get out, but I could look up through the grate while people threw things on me :smiley: I used it to RP Rics self punishment--his own prison, so to speak. You could fix it by simply recalling out.

In Star Wars Galaxies about a year ago, I fell through the map and landed on the water plane. I could swim around, but nothing else. Ended up needing a CSR to rescue me.

One of the most frustrating incidents/bugs was when our adventure party was doing a particularly long quest in DDO in which we had already spent nearly 3hrs in that dungeon up to that point. Myself and two other party members were ghosts, couldnt help, and the remaining members managed to kill one of the key holders for a locked door to the boss and the key dropped INSIDE a door he had been standing next to when he died, lmao. We spent nearly an hour trying to figure a way to pick it up but couldnt and had to reload the zone.

One of my favorites was in EQ. I was running around Field of Bone in Kunark with levitate on, I manged to levitate up to the top of the tower for the entrance to Kaesora but there was no real top there so I floated down...and down....and down until I ended up underneat the ground of Field of Bone. I could see the mobs running around on the surface but I couldn't see the actual ground so they looked like they were floating in space.

Originally posted by HJ-Sisca@Jun 30 2006, 12:04 PM
One of my favorites was in EQ. I was running around Field of Bone in Kunark with levitate on, I manged to levitate up to the top of the tower for the entrance to Kaesora but there was no real top there so I floated down...and down....and down until I ended up underneat the ground of Field of Bone. I could see the mobs running around on the surface but I couldn't see the actual ground so they looked like they were floating in space.
Hehe. You could do that in SWG when swimming. If you tilted your POV under water there was no water effect. It looked as if you were swimming in space.

Another one I just remembered. You former SWG fans out there ... you guys remember when you used to sit down in a chair and after like 20 seconds you would slide forward about about 4 feet? Hehe!

If you remember that one then you remember for the Twi' lek class it was worse by far. They could sit outside on the ground and slide for what must have been 30ft away LOL!!!

I was so sad when they fixed that.

My favorite was in City of Heroes. Just outside of Atlas Park were these short metal fences there for decorational purposes. Well, the gates were short enough to jump onto.

So, standing parallel to the gates, I would run beside them and then jump on top of them. As I jumped on top while running, my character would start grinding down the fence like a skater. It was fun. :lol:

In Lineage 2 if you started as a Human, and you didn't want to pay the boat fee to the main island. You would run into the ocean, and pray to god you could reach the 'end'. After running awhile, you would fall into a pit of no-water. It was as if you were in a giant tub of nothingness, and you could run to the main island without worrying about drowning.

A really great trick to save time, and money.

Originally posted by Daax@Jun 30 2006, 02:28 PM
My favorite was in City of Heroes. Just outside of Atlas Park were these short metal fences there for decorational purposes. Well, the gates were short enough to jump onto.

So, standing parallel to the gates, I would run beside them and then jump on top of them. As I jumped on top while running, my character would start grinding down the fence like a skater. It was fun. :lol:
Aye Daax. That fence in CoH is one of the coolest little 'bugs'.

Back