Comedy R.I.P.D.

Tim

Creative Writer

This one looks good, even though there's a lot of trolling bad reviews/predictions going round on the net.

Comparisons to Men in Black might be made too.

I had forgotten about this one coming out; not much advertising for it over here.

I'm thinking it should've been a made-for-TV movie and not a box office release. :coffee:

And. yes, take MIB and substitute the word "ghosts" for "aliens" and the movies look a tad similar.

At the house we've recently switched from DirecTV to Verizion FiOS and I don't know if it is just a coincidence or if the movie studio is spending more money with one versus the other but lately I've been seen a huge amount of commercials for RIPD.

After seeing the same commercial for what feels like a few hundred times the comparison to Men in Black becomes more glaring. If the commercials were released after the first MIB it would have been called a rip-off of it... secret organization, prior identities erased, old partner training brash new young partner, non-human looking opponents, big explosions, different weapons, the general public not knowing what is really going on... take your pick of which movie those generalizations apply to.

RIPD does look like MIB. If it gets good reviews, I will probably give it a pass and watch it anyway due to the coolness of Jeff Bridges. My wife has told me that sometimes she gets nervous about her writing ideas appearing to be less than original, compared to other authors. Being her proofreader and number 1 fan, I've read her work and don't see that she has a problem with plagiarism. Speaking as a creative artist myself, I understand that it's very easy to create something and see that other influences within one's project. That being said, of course I don't condone blatant rip off of another person or team's ideas and claiming it for oneself.