R2D2 DIY motorcycle helmet

Tim

Creative Writer
Not entirely sure how legal this is, and whether in a crash the pointy-out bits will drive through the helmet, but it sure turns heads

r2d2_helmet.jpg

I have one of these for cycling, I 'could' apply stickers, but I wouldn't want to block the vents up as it's hot enough wearing it as it is:

41tz%2B0bf9hL.jpg

That is one cool helmet! I wish the companies that made helmets for cycling would make a design that interesting. Certainly, my first stop would be to the bike shop to pick one up to use with my mountain bike.

Careful with metal screws if you want to attach accessories to a helmet. Once I screw a small flashlight to my helmet for a night ride. When I fell off the bike , the screw pokes my head quite hard although I already add some styrofoam cuts and some other layer for precautions.

Yes I've tried to glue it before screwing it to the helmet, but some items were just too heavy for a glue to stick.

Not entirely sure how legal this is, and whether in a crash the pointy-out bits will drive through the helmet, but it sure turns heads

r2d2_helmet.jpg

I have one of these for cycling, I 'could' apply stickers, but I wouldn't want to block the vents up as it's hot enough wearing it as it is:

41tz%2B0bf9hL.jpg
I didn't see the main photo, but the other is not recommended for motorcycle use, its not dot or snell rated, I think its used for bi-cycles, I'm not sure if you are riding a gas powered bike or a bi-cycle, but be careful out there. I do have to racing bikes and I wouldn't wear any thing else but this...
033-35-1802.jpg
Be careful out there....

Back