Race for the Database

This is the sequel to Glad you're back. It's all POV. Umm it kind of doesn't have aplot just yet. But please review and if you like it I will promise to post more.:smiley::smiley:

Sydney's POV
CAIRO
I raced through the hall, pursued by a single guard. I heard gunshots hit the wallls. The guy shooting was terrible. He stumbled. I took advantage of it and shot him in the leg. He hit the ground face-first. I clutched the files tighter and turned a corner.

Kendall had sent me to Egypt to recover CIA files that were stolen from Washington by a defector. It was a distraction from Sloane, I thought as he handed me the case file. It helped, some. Dad wasn't too pleased, though, because he knew Derevko had associates in Cairo. When he ordered me not to go, Kendall reminded my father that he was NOT the director of this operation. I had laughed behind my hand.

But here's where it got ugly. When I entered the filing room, I heard a voice from the next room I recognized. Sloane. What??????? My mother had poisoned him; he has to be dead. He saw me and sent two of his guards after me. Too bad they were now lying in a pool of their own blood.

LOS ANGELES
When I walked back into the Operations Center, I literally threw the files at Kendall. He tried to remark, but I was already three steps ahead of him. I didn't have time for his attitude. I needed to talk to my mother. She was going to pay.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

PLEASE REVIEW!!! IF YOU LIKE IT I WILL POST MORE!!!!

Back