Race Update!

I don't think there's enough 'focused' people working on this one. I liked the idea that former Simu players and creative role-players would have a hand in the game's development. But now we can see why there needs to be a team of pros and why not just anyone can push out a MMO.
Or pull one out of their asses.

Well there is no use in arguing about it now. I agree that not having suwari at launch is upsetting for many people, but there is really nothing we can do. I think things will turn out just fine at launch in my opinion, even if they do not have suwari at that moment in time.

I don't think there's enough 'focused' people working on this one. I liked the idea that former Simu players and creative role-players would have a hand in the game's development. But now we can see why there needs to be a team of pros and why not just anyone can push out a MMO.
Or pull one out of their asses.
Yep, there's a time and a place for amateur hour, and I think this is a good example of what it can do.

SOE may be evil incarnate, but the fact is a) they actually have games people are willing to buy and b) they make a considerable amount of money doing so.

Personally, I think I'll check back on HJ in six months and see if anything is going on, but I won't be playing this game; it's officially just another game, just probably more expensive due to all the ticketing and so forth.

Meh, no thanks.

At this point and time, what does HJ have to offer that's not in another MMORPG? Nothing, so yeah.

I'm not sure I've seen any game with a dynamic quest system (journey syetem?), nor anything like the nemesis system. I don't think i've seen any other MMO with such engine allowing you to destroy houses and mountains...
Also the things the GM-client is supposed to able to do. (closest thing that came to mind is the DM-client in neverwinter nights)

But then again, this still need to be proven..

Once again I am seeing a pattern of dissatisfaction escalation here at HH. Yes, there have been a variety of disappointments. I don't think the game is the same one we were told of some time ago. However, that doesn't mean that "Because X, Y, and Z are not as good as we thought, everything is horrible." I think we'd be impossibly hard-pressed to find a game that delivered everything originally conceived of in perfect fashion.

Take the Suwari example. There is a very good reason for not including them. The character body types have been fundamentally changed and the Suwari do not fit that shape. Therefore to include them at launch would require quite alot of Simu's art resources (for the redesigning of gear) that are needed for other more critical portions of the game.
Does this reflect Simu's lack of proper staffing? Yes, I believe it does. Does it mean that a good quality game cannot be produced? No it doesn’t. It just means we will have to accept some sacrifices and be patient (though how we can sacrifice something that we don't have yet is beyond me- everything is up in the air until the game actually launches).

Is this a defense of Simu? Not really. But it is a call for some perspective.

Is this a defense of Simu? Not really. But it is a call for some perspective.
Doesn't really add perspective to what I said... which was they don't seem to have enough people working on the title. My key point of dissatisfaction lies in the fact that the races weren't exactly extensive to begin with, and will now be further diminished. I also don't know how you can work on a title for so long, then decide years down the track that you can't pull off a race which, to date, has been your poster child in most of the screengrabs. That's just... odd. Again, it comes across as very poor management.

Yeah, I don't even see races now. Humans who are short, or hairy, or have pointed ears.
I guess HJ's going to encourage RP because we'll really have to make up a lot of excuses and stretch our own imaginations to get anything unique from this game.

While some claim that HJ is starting to look like all other MMORPGs, I see a more direct correlation occuring. I see this thread looking like all other threads on this website. I swear, do we really need a dozen unsubstantive threads containing nothing but complaining?

Yes, people are unhappy about the turn of events. Yes, we wish there were a whole lot more things in HJ than it appears there will be. But dear god, how many times must it be said?

I have been noticing the similarities to other threads AND other forums. Not good forums, but whiny complainy forums and the forums obsessed with flaming others like Allakhazam and MMO official site forums.

Back